onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Wycombe Wanderers

Fosse69

Whilst ADF was chasing shadows all game.

Amazed his performance hasn't been mentioned. All the talk of Tonge and Pugh can't play together, they did a damn sight better than Pugh and ADF.

Its OK, REP reckons ADF is going to score 8 goals this season

Sent from my CUBOT ECHO using Tapatalk

Advert

I'm surprised no one has mentioned so far that there was more than a hint of offside in the build up that led to their second goal. OK it wouldn't have affected the result - I still think we'd have lost irrespective - but yet again the linesman didn't keep up with play. About the standard of official we can expect in L2, although I thought the ref had a good game overall.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned so far that there was more than a hint of offside in the build up that led to their second goal. OK it wouldn't have affected the result - I still think we'd have lost irrespective - but yet again the linesman didn't keep up with play. About the standard of official we can expect in L2, although I thought the ref had a good game overall.

Mistakes happen. Need to sort out our own deficiencies, rather than deflecting blame elsewhere 'Spitgate' incident that took place circa 1/2 hour before the goals were conceded and where Mr Brown had had half time to assess the players mental state being a prime example.

Sent from my SM-A510F using the onevalefan mobile app

I want ADF to succeed at Vale but I'm still uncertain about him. He can dribble and has an engine but can he pick a pass and/or make the right decisions, is he good enough to be a starter at PVFC.

I think he's 100% good enough to be a starter. Granted he was pretty bad Saturday but so was everyone. I personally think he could and should be our best player this season

I think he's 100% good enough to be a starter. Granted he was pretty bad Saturday but so was everyone. I personally think he could and should be our best player this season

This is what I see in A D F

Someone who has yet to score a goal and has hardly ever had a shot on goal

Someone who cannot defend at set pieces

Someone who very rarely makes an actual tackle

Someone who never shows to make a killer pass when he does have the ball

Yes he does run around but I see a very poor midfield player there

This is our biggest problem in the team

Pick a midfield two from :

Pugh

Tonge

A D F

Reeves

Wouldn't choose any of them really

This will be the reason we will struggle all season

We all moan of service to the front players coming from the wings

but the wingers too need service.

A ball played down the line from the full back or lumped up from the back

is the last thing a winger needs to be receiving.

A midfield runner breaking through and supplying a pass is also needed.

We don't have that at all

Midfield is a massive failing and one that will cost us dearly

Pugh

Tonge

A D F

Reeves

Agree with every word of that.

The midfield is very poor, although obviously Tonge's two goals so far are a big (surprise!) bonus.

It seems to me that Brown has been pinning all his hopes for midfield on getting Guy back, but the fact that he's still not recovered from the injury he got with us in March means that he'll be way off being match-fit again.

As for de Freitas he showed some promise last season during the odd substitute cameo playing wide left but looks clueless and out of his depth in central midfield - and to say that "most fans" think he will score 8 goals this season is astounding!

Tend to agree with the above. Games are won and lost in midfield and we haven't dominated possession in any of the three games we've played so far. A number on here seemed pleased to see the back of Dodds and just as many were not bothered about Eagles going but these are the type of players we need to create and assist and score goals. No-one runs past Pope or can see that slide rule pass that makes a difference. You have to have an impact on games and not just run round for 90 minutes looking the part. One key player like the two I've mentioned would make a difference to us and provide our starved strikers with much needed support.

Vale's big problem is centred around midfield, or more pertinently the lack of it nowadays.

Some excellent posts concerning our obvious need to have a midfield to challenge and create.

Most of the opposition who have done their homework on us can readily identify where we are weak and can be exposed. Why can't our manager and coaches see the bleeding obvious?

It's all well and good trying to sort out defensive problems and our recent lack of any bite upfront BUT at the end of the day in Division 2 you need a midfield that can play, create and counter. Teams that have them are the ones that will challenge for promotion.

Whilst Brown and his mates decide on who the squad is to be and to what pattern of play they should be effecting we will probably just consolidate, which is not a bad thing this season after all we have endured. However us long suffering fans need hope for the future so come on Vale fill that midfield with correct personnel to give us a chance at least of competing somewhere near the top of the Division.

I don't think it is Michael Browns fault that Chris Eagles would rather have no club than play for Vale.

No, but he should have had as plan B in mind - same goes for Callum Guy

Pugh

Tonge

A D F

Reeves

We all moan of service to the front players coming from the wings

but the wingers too need service.

A ball played down the line from the full back or lumped up from the back

is the last thing a winger needs to be receiving.

Sent from my SM-A510F using the onevalefan mobile app

I don't think it is Michael Browns fault that Chris Eagles would rather have no club than play for Vale.

As much as I would like to see him return,surely he is not the only person out there capable of doing the job ! Brown'y should have made alternative plans as the saying goes " Snooze and you lose "

Archived