onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fans Forum 27/07/17

valeparklife

Panel of Joanne Stanner, Colin Garlick, Ned Kelly, Michael Brown, Chris Morgan, Darren Wrack, Chris Kirkland, Dan Thompson, Tom Eastwood

Some points noted:

• Brown thinks Gunning has "done ok" in pre season and the club are talking to him as regards a deal but not sure if he will sign or not. Brown is a bit wary of his previous injury troubles.

• Mike Calverley made the trip to Spain due to the attitude shown since coming into first team training. Was the only 1st team scholar to travel there. Morgan enthused about his character.

• Dan Thompson is utilising various data from games and analytics. Looking at the data from the promotion campaign under Micky Adams to see what trends they can replicate this season.

• Garlick has only spoken to Norman 3 times in last 6-7 weeks. No indication a sale is close.

• Garlick looking into trying to make season tickets more affordable by maybe introducing instalments to pay for them.

• Captain's armband has been rotated around during pre-season but no decision has been made yet.

• Big emphasis on fitness throughout a lot of their answers. Players were given a training regime over the summer before they came back for pre-season. We will be a lot fitter than last year.

• Adam Yates hasn't signed yet but Brown will speak with him next week and assess his knee.

• Doesn't look like Eagles will sign. Brown has spoken to him a lot this summer. Brown was talking to Lawrie Wilson in a bar in Alderley Edge and Eagles actually walked in! But he feels Eagles wants "something different".

• Brown spoke with Rowett today at a managers meeting and asked about Callum Guy again but was told he's still not fit. Still working on getting him back.

• Tom Walker gone on trial at Stevenage.

• Brown denies saying that Remi Street has "12 months left" on his career.

• Brown says that Michael Tonge can add something to the club. Not going to be box-to-box but Brown will be speaking to him about signing with a view to also begin coaching.

• Recruitment has been well thought out. Brown felt we were missing "characters" last season when the going got tough and feels we have addressed that this year.

• Pope played a big part in bringing Antony Kay to the club. Brown tried to sign Pope in January but a deal couldn't be done.

• Knops is unable to fly home and see his family due to his injury. Appeal made to send him letters/cards to keep his spirits up.

• Promotion is the aim. Signings deliberately recruited from a high level on 2 year deals with a view to having that same group together in L1 next year.

Advert

Are you feeling more positive about our chances following this forum?

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I'm certainly feeling more positive about the communication and apparent enthusiasm shown by all staff so far. Much better than the previous few seasons. with regards to our chances, I'll sit on the fence at the moment until the full squad is installed and we've seen a few games but yes I'm happy with the fact we obviously potentially have a better squad than last season.

Are you feeling more positive about our chances following this forum?

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I do. Their emphasis on hard work really struck a chord with me. If we don't achieve our aims, it won't be through a lack of trying that's for sure!

Was funny when Brown was talking about Darren Wrack (our chief scout) saying he is literally living and breathing player recruitment at the minute and regularly phones Brown all day every day about players! Brown had a phone call from him at 10pm one day and had to say "Thanks, but go and spend some time with your family!" :laugh:

The whole backroom staff seem like a good bunch to work with, they came across extremely professional but also told a few jokes and had the crowd laughing along. Brown and Morgan really reminded me of Micky Adams in that respect!

I have just finished watching the video of the Fans Forum. I was impressed with what I heard.

Obviously there is a difference in talking a good game and delivering... but it all sounded very sensible and based on having a well drilled squad, who want to play for each other, that's full of leaders.

Hopefully they will be given time (if they earn it) to follow through on the long term plans.

That is the first time I've seen the entire backroom staff at a forum of this nature. A refreshing change.

They also looked like they are all working together as a team.They are happy to be working together.

Archived