onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Marcus Harness

Beza

It makes me laugh the amount of people who immediately commented "cracking signing, quality player" on Twitter etc. when they have actually never heard of the lad. Happens every time.

I hope it works out well. With TP up front a bit of pace and crossing ability down the flanks again wouldn't go amiss.

Advert

It makes me laugh the amount of people who immediately commented "cracking signing, quality player" on Twitter etc. when they have actually never heard of the lad. Happens every time.

I hope it works out well. With TP up front a bit of pace and crossing ability down the flanks again wouldn't go amiss.

Well would you rather no comments at all? I didn't know his name although I do recognize him. But we're hopefully signing a player who was on the subs bench at a championship team last season, he's rated at burton and has progressed through the leagues. It's a position we need to fill.

I think it's more than fair to call this a quality signing at this point.

You have to agree though, it's a lot nicer to hear than people slating them, regardless of if they've heard of them or not! :smile:

Work with a Burton fan.Says he's a headless chicken that goes missing.

Played 22 games at the age of 17/18 in Burton's League Two promotion side, & then won Burton's 'Most Improved Young Player' the following season. Also made 13 appearances last season with them being in the Championship.

For him to be used by various managers from the ages 17-21 at continuously rising levels, must have something to him.

This 'going missing ' is a phrase that always intrigues me especially at our level.

JMW and Dodds were constantly accused of going missing, yet their record at Vale stands with the best. That is why they don't play higher. As Ben rightly says Sterling is accused of it and he is on 150 grand a week.

Arnautovic and the Swiss Albanian Kosovan at Lard are also accused of going missing by their fans.

If Harness goes missing he will not be unique , however it is what he does when he is ' on it ' that will determine his value to our team ( if he signs ).

Obviously not a Harness fan, does he mean that he chases all over the pitch looking for the ball and then gets tired? Or does he try runs which nobody feeds? Missing meaning not being fed because he is heavily marked, or because he is not putting himself in positions to receive the ball? Perhaps we may have a different opinion after a few games, assuming he plays.

This 'going missing ' is a phrase that always intrigues me especially at our level.

JMW and Dodds were constantly accused of going missing, yet their record at Vale stands with the best. That is why they don't play higher. As Ben rightly says Sterling is accused of it and he is on 150 grand a week.

Arnautovic and the Swiss Albanian Kosovan at Lard are also accused of going missing by their fans.

If Harness goes missing he will not be unique , however it is what he does when he is ' on it ' that will determine his value to our team ( if he signs ).

Speaking to a Shrews fan last week, he said Dodds was their best player despite this. Scored and assisted a lot last season too.

Most Shrews fans have said that to me too Samwelo, AJ and McGivern were a waste of time but Dodds was easily their best player in an attacking sense.

As regards Harness he's only started 6 games in all competitions. Can you judge a lot on that? Maybe you could say he's not been good enough to earn more starts although it's probably been difficult to get in Burton's side especially during 2 promotion campaigns with players playing well week in week out and then last season at a very good standard(for Burton at least) in the Championship.

On viewing a couple of clips on youtube he appears to have a bit of pace/skill and some nice touches but seems to get snuffed out when it comes to end product but I'm judging on 3 or 4 minutes of clips from different games which is extremely harsh.

im fairly confident far more people in football circles read twitter than a members only forum related to PVFC, the story broke on twitter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't it touching the way some people who post about Vale about as often as we see rocking horse dung find the time to troll round and thank just about any post that criticises me.

Perhaps some are pleased that he hasn't yet signed - and I hope that stement changes and makes me look wrong in the next few hours.

Archived