onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit ......in or out ?

upthevale

I have been reading many articles and forums regarding Brexit. It got me thinking, if there was a second referendum would you now vote in or out given the information that is available that we didn't have prior to the vote? It seems that there are so many problems and the main reason for the out vote was immigration, and it looks ever more likely this won't be resolved as we were initially told.

So my question is, in light of the current situation what would you now vote and why ?

Advert

I have been reading many articles and forums regarding Brexit. It got me thinking, if there was a second referendum would you now vote in or out given the information that is available that we didn't have prior to the vote? It seems that there are so many problems and the main reason for the out vote was immigration, and it looks ever more likely this won't be resolved as we were initially told.

So my question is, in light of the current situation what would you now vote and why ?

wouldn't change my mind I'd still vote the same way, remember the famous advice, watch out for the hun in the sun.

Out. Even more so having seen the vote. The young voted for free stuff, they couldn't be arsed to vote when free stuff wasn't on offer. Sums up the youth of today, can't be arsed to work as they have the labour drilled entitled to opinion. Someone who doesn't work should have the same privileges as someonr who works 80 hours a week......

Out. Even more so having seen the vote. The young voted for free stuff, they couldn't be arsed to vote when free stuff wasn't on offer. Sums up the youth of today, can't be arsed to work as they have the labour drilled entitled to opinion. Someone who doesn't work should have the same privileges as someonr who works 80 hours a week......

'The youth of today'...

My god how old are you. Surely it's another 20 years before you should be hitting this point in your life.

I agree. I'd vote out again in a heart beat.

The youth of today are self entitled and believe that they don't have to work hard to get what they want.

They moan about tuition fees or house prices as if there is some conspiracy against them but they've all got the latest iphone, a new car on finance every 3 years, a holiday abroad every year etc.

You are so wrong to label young people in this way.

I have two daughters who work very hard, my youngest has two jobs and has just completed a 60 hour week.

She is doing this because we don't qualify for the full loan to allow her to go to university. Oh and she bought her own car, a old ford KA but it is hers because she worked hard, saved up and paid for it.

I am very proud of both of my very hard working daughters and find it very offensive that people like you label them in this way.

I have two daughters who work very hard, my youngest has two jobs and has just completed a 60 hour week.

She is doing this because we don't qualify for the full loan to allow her to go to university. Oh and she bought her own car, a old ford KA but it is hers because she worked hard, saved up and paid for it.

I am very proud of both of my very hard working daughters who both work hard and find it very offensive that people like you label them in this way.

I don't think that any of the posters here would mean to label ALL youngsters in this way as there always has been, and always will be, "do'ers & do'nters". However, I do think it's fair to say that there is a much higher proportion of today's youth who don't work and have no intention of working. Walk around the City centre in the day and see how many youths are wandering around (ie not working). This was not the case in the 60's & 70's. And please don't tell me there's "no jobs". There's plenty of jobs if you WANT to work. But do they WANT to work ? And for what it's worth I would still vote remain. Undoubtedly.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

I think Socrates was similarly disappointed...

..."The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.'

I don't think that any of the posters here would mean to label ALL youngsters in this way as there always has been, and always will be, "do'ers & do'nters". However, I do think it's fair to say that there is a much higher proportion of today's youth who don't work and have no intention of working. Walk around the City centre in the day and see how many youths are wandering around (ie not working). This was not the case in the 60's & 70's. And please don't tell me there's "no jobs". There's plenty of jobs if you WANT to work. But do they WANT to work ? And for what it's worth I would still vote remain. Undoubtedly.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

I was a youth of the 80s-90s and don't think it was any different then, I've also had my own business (90s-00s)and had to interview 100s of teens and 20s who only turned up, if they even bothered to turn up for the only reason of having to show their intentions of supposedly looking for work.

In my opinion there are 2 types of people, those that give back to society and want to work hard and those who just want to take and are nearly always the moaners of how life is unfair.

I have also been unemployed for 9 months about 6 years ago and found it tough, especially as I had £750 a month rent, £170 a month council tax to pay and I couldn't claim a penny as I was previously self employed but I worked in bars and was out looking for the right job for me every day. I didn't resent the fact that I couldn't have a penny but every time I went to the dole office to sign on I resented the chavs who were there with no interest at all in ever doing an honest days job.

Oh, to keep on topic I voted out and would do again every time, my reason wasn't for immigration but ageee there was a lot that did because of this, I believe in not free movement of people but maybe preference for EU citizens, EU citizens should be allowed to remain if they were residents before the referendum, I agree with Labours policy on staying in the single market without all the other restrictions if the EU agree to this but should pull out if they want to continue with restrictions and I think we should start now on building trade agreements with countries we were unable to before rather than waiting to see what deal we strike with the EU.

I think Socrates was similarly disappointed...

..."The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.'

The more things change the more they stay the same Barry

Youth is wasted on the young

I'd still vote out, we need to stop the stupid amounts of money we pay out for Europe(foreign aid etc)and get next to nothing in return. I'm led to believe that the EU want us to pay compensation for the projects that we have already sanctioned. I reckon we should continue with them and reap the rewards off them. If we are to pay this compensation, we should also get a refund on the money given to Greece, Italy and Ireland to prop up their economy.

I am very proud of both of my very hard working daughters and find it very offensive that people like you label them in this way.

They are not all the same mate... when they find themselves in a hole some find a way out others keep digging

Archived