onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings - Part 2

Aussie Rules

So its July, nobody has been announced of being retained. Where are all those players whos contract run out on the 30th of June so will start being desperate to sign?

There is something seriously wrong behind the scenes of the club, and I can guess what it might be.

It is concerning that with the history of the club they cannot keep players of a proper League One or Third division standard.

The future isn't bright unless we have a man who properly invests in the football side of the club

Advert

I think its time now we said goodbye to anyone who hasnt taken up the offer, we need to be bringing in players and whilst i understand players want to get the best deal, we need to get the best squad we can. Time to reallocate the budget and tell the three that the offers are withdrawn, lets be honest too they were quick enough to accept in january when they were on their arse without a club, loyalty for one season isnt much to ask for.

Told you all it was time to push the panic button. It's evident now that we are about as attractive as a bout of conjunctivitis. We are in big big trouble, teams like Yeovil can attract players under contract from other clubs before we can. I was positive two weeks ago, I'm bricking it now.

I agree all these offers to get extra sales but ad no effort to sign any players not even on loan many clubs have loans arranged by now yet we cannot as clubs will asses players in July but I think just to port vale

I see ,any clubs signing new player but not Port Vale

I remember it said on the site that a loan player had been signed and it was agreed that they wanted any part transfer fees in the future

But never heard anything since

As many times they transfer news soon but SAD nothing

but

Yeah I'd be surprised if Eagles does sign now. If the whole thing about Villa is true (doubt he will go to them but aiming high), chances are he won't go below L1 level.

Indeed. It's a shame but does look like he won't be staying. Having been through what he has I'm a little surprised he hasn't decided to stay put with us for a year, Brown having given him a chance to rebuild his career a little(although I can understand we've gone down a level) you'd have thought a bit of stability would have done him good. He must have had a couple of good contracts at Burnley and Bolton so if he's been careful with his money surely won't be short, but on the other tack football is a short career and if he wants to try and play at the highest level he can then fair enough best of luck to him!

Told you all it was time to push the panic button. It's evident now that we are about as attractive as a bout of conjunctivitis. We are in big big trouble, teams like Yeovil can attract players under contract from other clubs before we can. I was positive two weeks ago, I'm bricking it now.

Yeovil, Luton, Cheltenham, Coventry, Swindon, Stevenage and Crawley have all bought players for a fee this summer.

Where has that £100,000 that we bid for Danny Rowe gone?

Plus the £350,000 for Alnwick + Grant?

So its July, nobody has been announced of being retained. Where are all those players whos contract run out on the 30th of June so will start being desperate to sign?

There is something seriously wrong behind the scenes of the club, and I can guess what it might be.

Waiting, supposedly, until players' contracts run out never did make sense to me. If I knew my wages were going to stop at the end of June, I'd make pretty sure I had something lined up well in advance or there'd be some hard explaining to the missus. I can't see why footballers are any different.

Looks like we are going to be the club of last resort - if nothing happens before Saturday, then my slight worries are going to turn into real anxiety. We'll make signings I'm sure but whether we'll sign anyone of any quality is looking increasingly doubtful. C'mon Michael, prove us all wrong!

Archived