onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings?

WalterJ

The bottom line here is folks that whilst a lot of players are away we get the right ones. I do agree though that the silence on all fronts is deafening. People just aren't interested, I know 5 season ticket holders who aren't renewing and are going to just get the 10 game pass, I've not renewed and got my Utd membership again plus 4 tickets for 124 quid. Won't bother with the 10 game ticket at Vale and will just go to away games for a beer I think this year. Don't really give a **** what people on here think of that but away games are more fun with the lads and home games are a morg full of moaners or pink spectacle sad sacks that would clap a skunk running across the pitch because it's black and white

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

You're not alone there. I personally will go for the 10 gamer again myself, I just don't have the 'buzz' for Vale I once had, as much as they are still my team and always will be there are other things in life that are more important. Saying that I could justify one this time money wise(unlike the last 2 seasons when money was a bit tight to fork out in one go!) but I just don't feel enthuiastic about it anymore. Some will probably critisise my approach as 'oh you should just buy one whatever and support the club', not that I have to justify myself but I've been a fan for nearly 25 years and had an ST probably a good 17-18 years out of those. There comes a time for most when you don't just go out of blind loyalty but actually want to be entertained!:yes:

Advert

You're not alone there. I personally will go for the 10 gamer again myself, I just don't have the 'buzz' for Vale I once had, as much as they are still my team and always will be there are other things in life that are more important. Saying that I could justify one this time money wise(unlike the last 2 seasons when money was a bit tight to fork out in one go!) but I just don't feel enthuiastic about it anymore. Some will probably critisise my approach as 'oh you should just buy one whatever and support the club', not that I have to justify myself but I've been a fan for nearly 25 years and had an ST probably a good 17-18 years out of those. There comes a time for most when you don't just go out of blind loyalty but actually want to be entertained!:yes:

Agree completely. I have the money ready and waiting to purchase but I'm not prepared to throw my money away again just for blind loyalty.

I'm waiting to see who we sign. If we sign 5-6 players where I say "great signing, glad we've got him on board" then I will spend. I won't hold my breath though if the rumoured names are anything to go by.

Spot on since 1991 ive gone regularly but all the time seeing no great effort to put bums on seats ,shouting my heart out every minute of every game what for .

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING.

Sleep deprivation regularly .

I could go on .

Not winning big cup ties anymore which turns peoples heads.

What actually have they done in those 26 years won a autoglass ,won a ldv ,won promotion a few times .

The best they players played was before Smurf /wildes took over when i dont believe they were being payed.

So to ask supporters turn up and say its going change well it doesnt work like that u have to start the hard work now if your a player .

We have 3 players Pope Smith and Pugh and thats it as the rest r learning the game .

Dont want go overboard with Browns comments but he was moaning they werent fit enough .

So what if they bring in loads of unfit on loan players ?

What actually have they done in those 26 years won a autoglass ,won a ldv ,won promotion a few times .

Most of the time during this last 26 years, we've been exactly what we are. A mid-table League One team with average supporter numbers. We spent some time in the Championship, and some time in League Two. Quite a few teams of a similar size would bite our hands off for the success we had 1992-2002.

The problem for me is, we could be so much more without the shambolic ownership debacles we've had in the last 15 years. It's totally held us back from unleashing our potential as a club. There's no doubt in my mind, that with forward-thinking ambitious owners, we could have done a Bournemouth, Swansea, Blackpool etc. We're in danger of losing some sections of our fanbase that are the lifeblood of our club. I don't blame Brown for this, the ownership is the problem.

Most of the time during this last 26 years, we've been exactly what we are. A mid-table League One team with average supporter numbers. We spent some time in the Championship, and some time in League Two. Quite a few teams of a similar size would bite our hands off for the success we had 1992-2002.

The problem for me is, we could be so much more without the shambolic ownership debacles we've had in the last 15 years. It's totally held us back from unleashing our potential as a club. There's no doubt in my mind, that with forward-thinking ambitious owners, we could have done a Bournemouth, Swansea, Blackpool etc. We're in danger of losing some sections of our fanbase that are the lifeblood of our club. I don't blame Brown for this, the ownership is the problem.

Perfectly said. We have completely wasted a massive opportunity that arose from promotion too, & I too believe that had we had somebody stable & intelligent at the helm, we could have been challenging for automatic promotion to the Championship, if not possibly even already made it there.

He's doing a very bad job of doing his best with the third worst record of all time in the position he holds!

The position he holds is manager, the record you refer to is that of caretaker manager with gross interference from Smurf, restricted transfer activity, and inheritance of a pile of rubbish that needed to be disposed of.

Any fair person will judge him on his record when he has a significant number of games as full manager under his belt, even better if he worked for new owners.

Would you mind telling us all why you dislike him so much ?

The position he holds is manager, the record you refer to is that of caretaker manager with gross interference from Smurf, restricted transfer activity, and inheritance of a pile of rubbish that needed to be disposed of.

Any fair person will judge him on his record when he has a significant number of games as full manager under his belt, even better if he worked for new owners.

Would you mind telling us all why you dislike him so much ?

Come on. He had more than enough time as caretaker to prove his worth. He couldn't have done much worse. I'm all for giving him a shot this season but I don't understand how he's earned it.

Come on. He had more than enough time as caretaker to prove his worth. He couldn't have done much worse. I'm all for giving him a shot this season but I don't understand how he's earned it.

Could have said that about Rudgey when he was on thin ice, but was given another chance on one cup win. No doubt you and a few others would sooner have got rid .

Sent from my LG-H340n using the onevalefan mobile app

He hasn't earned it, how clear does it have to be ? He was on the books, under contract as a player, cheap as far as managers go and on the premises.

The blame lies firmly at Smurthwaites door,nowhere else.

Think about this........If Brown leaves, would you trust Smurthwaite to pick a successor ?

I know I wouldn't.

It isn't really a question of earning it, although I'm glad to see someone willing to give hi a chance and not slag him off for not having permed hair.

The critical fact is that Smurf is not going to pay for a better manager, a very experienced one - and people who compared our situation to ones where Harr Redknapp and Alladyce had come in are living in dreamland.

This is the imbecile owner who got us relegated and wasted probably a million on a wind-up phone call and catalogue video players signings - and he is not going to lose more to put it right.

At least we have a chance with Brown, who knows what kind of owner he is dealing with and will make the best of a bad situation - any new manager coming in on the pittance that the fat blue blob would pay would probably walk out in a week, or we'd get another Lee Sinnott.

Nothing can change the past - he had a rough time as caretaker, and some of it was his own doing, but not much. It's all been said before, but right from his first month the top striker, the only effective tackler and the goalkeeper were taken away.

He had to sign inexperienced keepers and the couple of good players he managed to attract got injured, as did other players who would have kept us up.

He was forced to rely on some players who didn't want to be here, and now they are gone let's hope their replacements will show some pride - give him a chance and he might just surprise you.

Archived