onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Signings?

WalterJ

In the real world and putting things in to perspective Nathan Smith hadn't even made his debut at the age Davis was sold. Would he have developed better and quicker if he had stayed put? Maybe. At the time we weren't doing season long loans and I suspect he would have benefited from spending a couple of years doing what Smith did, rather than playing odd first team games. We need at least 2 centre halves and ideally someone who can play fullback and centrehalf. Very similar in style to Smith, yes we also need a more physical player for that position but he's certainly got the potential to be a decent squad player and maybe more.

Apart from a couple of mistakes i actually thought Davis had potential,i just feel he got singled out over those mistakes by Adams just as Morsy was,so if it is Davis coming back then i will certainly give him a chance under Brown

Advert

I hope we don't sign Davis, not the type of player required for L2 I'm afraid. Need more of a physical presence in defence.

I wouldn't be too disappointed with Montano as a backup winger but we would need 3 more (first choice) wingers to sign also.

Don't know much about Lainton but doesn't seem too bad on paper.

Cant understand why you think Montano would be back up when he will easily be the first choice winger yet you then say Lainton doesn't look bad on paper...a 27yr old keeper who has played around 30/40 first team games

Cant understand why you think Montano would be back up when he will easily be the first choice winger yet you then say Lainton doesn't look bad on paper...a 27yr old keeper who has played around 30/40 first team games

I've seen Montano play against us for a few clubs, he looked very average to me. All left foot and lazy. To me, he's one of those "luxury" players that's brilliant when he can be bothered, but is rarely up for it. Hopefully Brown and Morgan can instil some sort of work ethic into him.

As for Lainton, Flitcroft at Bury was always raving about his professionalism and positive effect in the dressing room. And last season, Bury's horrendous losing streak came to an end when Lainton got back in the team. Add to that he's been part of a promotion winning squad so those reasons are why I'm saying he looks okay on paper.

I would rather us sign Chris Neal however.

We never said they were' date=' we were just proving your previous post wrong.[/quote']

Your message was wrong. People knew who the singer was in London before they bought tickets.

My point is: Display and advertise the goods to attract sales.

We can argue for a long time about who's fault it is but the plain fact is that attendances are declining and the "atmosphere" has become non existent. Something positive needs to be done fairly quickly if we are to avoid a terminal decline. Signing some players would be a a start...

The bottom line here is folks that whilst a lot of players are away we get the right ones. I do agree though that the silence on all fronts is deafening. People just aren't interested, I know 5 season ticket holders who aren't renewing and are going to just get the 10 game pass, I've not renewed and got my Utd membership again plus 4 tickets for 124 quid. Won't bother with the 10 game ticket at Vale and will just go to away games for a beer I think this year. Don't really give a **** what people on here think of that but away games are more fun with the lads and home games are a morg full of moaners or pink spectacle sad sacks that would clap a skunk running across the pitch because it's black and white

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

No signings =no interest .

Decline yes major only strong characters required .

Bad times for Vales 2000 Loyal which usedbe 1500 more than that but h reap what u sow.

Last years failure was always going lead to this .

No signings =no interest .

Decline yes major only strong characters required .

Bad times for Vales 2000 Loyal which usedbe 1500 more than that but h reap what u sow.

Last years failure was always going lead to this .

This is what you get with an owner like Smurf. I will support Brown as he is trying his best despite terrible pressures of working for a greedy, incompetent, lying boss.

Archived