onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Post Manchester Arena explosion - views and opinions...

valeparklife

So for 1000 years we've been on their lands attacking them? Probably why sections of them hate us so much I'd imagine.

Those teenage girls didn't attack that British guy who slaughtered them.

If they are pissed off about military action on 'their' soil they should **** off back to it and fight. Not live and benefit from one of the best countries in the world whilst secretly planning to bomb teenage girls because a Christian killed a Muslim 1000 years ago.

There is no justification for terrorism. It is a complete and utter joke to suggest we caused this and have bought it in ourselves. This is a group of potentially hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people who are radical and uncivilised. They hold disgusting beliefs from women, gays, westerners and even other muslims.

Their right to believe whatever they want does not extend to them blowing up children at a pop concert. That is the bottom line.

Advert

Those teenage girls didn't attack that British guy who slaughtered them.

If they are pissed off about military action on 'their' soil they should **** off back to it and fight. Not live and benefit from one of the best countries in the world whilst secretly planning to bomb teenage girls because a Christian killed a Muslim 1000 years ago.

There is no justification for terrorism. It is a complete and utter joke to suggest we caused this and have bought it in ourselves. This is a group of potentially hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people who are radical and uncivilised. They hold disgusting beliefs from women, gays, westerners and even other muslims.

Their right to believe whatever they want does not extend to them blowing up children at a pop concert. That is the bottom line.

No they didn't. You're quite right. It was a sickening, cowardly and barbaric act for which there is no excuse or justification.

However, to suggest that our foreign policy over the last 20, 100 even 1000 years has not contributed to the hatred towards us, and the desire for revenge, is ridicules. They are forever linked. If you continue to oppress people hey will fight back in any way they can. Cause and effect.

We need to do everything we can to protect ourselves in the short term, to identify and nullify the threats before they are acted upon.

In the long term, we need to totally revamp our foreign policy so that, in a few generations times, they might not be queuing up to blow us, and themselves, up.

Trump's restrictions on people traveling from Libya wouldn't have been a bad idea after all then?

Despite his previous badness, Gadhaffi had renounced terrorism and not been involved in it for about 10 years, and Libya was a reasonably stable country and had a leader who was prepared to work with both the US and the UK.

But of course, just as in Afghanistan, Iraq, Egypt and Syria the USA and indeed in Libya's case NATO could not wait to start a war by fermenting the so-called ''Arab Spring' .

It wasn't long before Cameron was itching to bomb Libya's government out of existence and create a vacuum of power that has seen that country almost destroyed.

If this hadn't happened then these Libyans would almost certainly not been in Manchester and whilst I totally condemn them and ISIS in every way, if we (the West) do not look at the true causes of how this cancer in our midst has developed we will never begin to have a chance to defeat it.

It's far too late to say 'act hard' and 'death penalty' - how stupid to propose the death penalty as a deterrent to someone who is a suicide bomber - it would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

NO, again we must dig deeper and the very first action should be to abolish ALL FAITH SCHOOLS - Islamic, Jewish, Catholic, Hindu or whatever and make sure children are taught about all religions and make up their own mind. Parents do not own their children and do not have any right to force a religion on them. This will infuriate some people but is something that should be done whether there are terrorist attacks or not.

Our children must be integrated, immigrant children must too, all faiths must mix from the earliest age to get rid of hate and prejudice, whether that hate comes from race, creed, religion or anything else. The young are the key.

Isn't that a contradiction in terms??

Possibly and I've not worded it great I admit. But I feel that it answers the point you were trying to make in that Islamists and Muslims are two different things. As I've said they worship the same god, the same scriptures in the same buildings. They may take different exits but they're on the same motorway.

no you're right, there's no link between police funding and their ability to protect people

(also nobody is talking about policing ON THE NIGHT, but this guy was known to the police. the muslim community had warned security services numerous times that he was a risk, and yet it wasn't prevented - if you don't think that's cos they're overstretched to the point it prevents them from doing their job properly then you're in cloud cuckoo land)

Even you are doing it now. Why have they got their own community????

Possibly and I've not worded it great I admit. But I feel that it answers the point you were trying to make in that Islamists and Muslims are two different things. As I've said they worship the same god, the same scriptures in the same buildings. They may take different exits but they're on the same motorway.

Wouldn't just about everyone in the IRA claim to be Christian ?

What shared religious sites are there in Western Europe?

The whole history of Israel is a mess and involves barbaric acts on both sides. And people being removed from their homes, never mind refused access.

as you say the history of Israel is a mess and the rest, but what I said was access to holy sites of Christianity was denighed, to pilgrims, that's why the crusades occurred to guarantee the pilgrims safe conduct to and from...

My rose tinted glasses are only for Vale, but the crusades were not a fight against oppression they were given Papal sanctions to defend the Catholic faith, and its sacred relics and sites...

Archived