onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Both offers rejected...

Arthur

If you seriously believe that REP then you must be on something illegal. Smithie is a good player at L1 level but no Championship club will fork out anywhere near the figure you are insinuating. It would be £250,000 with add on's that will include the never ever.

Don't you realise that our money grabber will snatch whatever paltry figure that is waved under his snout.

I honestly don't believe you believe what you've just posted Owd.

He's clearly worth at least 1.5 million based on market values UNLESS he has a specific release clause.

I'm certain what both parties were referring to must have been player sales.

Advert

I think that you know something fella. I've pretty much heard the same.

Mentioned this before but whether it matters or whether people believe me might be irrelevant but his accountant is a friend of the family and apparently he has enough money that a million pound loss wouldn't keep him up at night.

Much as i have come to hate Smurf in the last 18 months i dont think we can expect him to sell for 1.25m when the new owners could recoup that immediately IF Smith & Hugill were to be sold. Clearly this needs to be factored in to a deal. Similarly you cannot expect new owners to pay 2.5m to Smurf for events that may not happen and one isnt even in Vales control. But to just dismiss the offers tells me that he isnt serious about selling. I fear for our club now. ST sales will collapse, followed by the Budget and i can see us doing an Orient next season sadly. Cant see how this helps Smurf, i dont think housing is viable at VP - in any case there is plenty of better sites available. Ego and arrogance are playing a large part here imo. Assuming Smith doesnt have a 250k release clause of course!

Mentioned this before but whether it matters or whether people believe me might be irrelevant but his accountant is a friend of the family and apparently he has enough money that a million pound loss wouldn't keep him up at night.

I've no idea but rich people don't get rich by simply giving up money. They always seek to get the best deal they can.

Here's a crazy theory. What if Norman doesn't so much want the money back, as he needs the money back? What if the money he put in wasn't exactly his in the first place?
Santa has heard something me thinks! Perhaps it wasn't his own brass that paid most of the Club's purchase price!!

I think that you know something fella. I've pretty much heard the same.

Nah, can't claim to know much about Smurthwaite that hasn't been reported before. I'm just basing my opinion on the past four years. He retired at 50

after 25 years of property investment having originally made some money selling an engineering firm that he inherited off a mentor type person. He could then afford to spend £1.25 million on a new project that consumed his efforts and attentions. He claims he put a few more million into this project, though without independent verification let us not treat that as fact, though let us suppose that he could afford to do so if he had chosen to. I don't suppose that he would have spent his entire life savings on buying a football club. Plus he was interested in buying Torquay United a couple years ago, so he probably has a few million stashed away.

But I would suggest that if he had say £50 million to spare he would have bought a bigger club than Port Vale, and when he was mad keen on the project then I would suggest he'd go bigger than Cicilia and Mbamba as his big outlays. Speaking of them two, we can quite clearly see that Smurthwaite isn't a business genius, especially as he struggles to find the right balance of football programmes and pies etc after four years of practice. Hell we all know he isn't Daniel Levy. That being the case, it is hard to imagine him being such a success in business that he'd make tens of millions.

That's my take.

Here's a crazy theory. What if Norman doesn't so much want the money back, as he needs the money back? What if the money he put in wasn't exactly his in the first place?

I thought the same and thought the money behind Smurf was Penny Black hence the basis of my questions to PB 2-3 weeks back. Smurf being worth ca 80m doesn't add up, his owning ca 150 propertias at some time doesn't add up, eg there's no record of any management company to manage them etc.

My guess is Smurf's worth ca 5-10 million but not 80million hence why he won't sell and take a "loss", he wants even needs his money back.

Norman gambled last summer and should have had the guts to remain and put right his mistakes in the main to pay up the contracts of the European non performers.He has broken his word however and given up wishing to sell. OK Norman name your sensible price say £2 million to cover the cost of the shop and the floodlight upgrade over and above your very cheap initial price of £1.25 million.

If you had 2 million would losing 1 million keep you up at night? Personally if I had 200 million I'd lose sleep over a million quid down the drain. Depends on your friend's view on life I suppose.

he' got no intention of selling, there's always going to be something else he wants in the sale. It's the same situation as when mold were in charge, the fans started staying away the reasons, apathy, the excuses "i'm not going again till mold have sold, till the managers gone, fill the rest in here...

Gorm wont sell because he wont admit hes failed, no matter what the offer and we wont know because of "the confidentiality clause", he will always have a excuse.

I have said it just on a Status on The Wonder of Port Vale Facebook page. Expect Port Vale Football club to be under the ownership of NS well into next season perhaps the season even after. 1.25 million is clearly a few million behind whay smurf wants. What really hurts is that he undermines SS for an offer which would hurt the club 'financially' but has done so himself. I just pray he leaves before he does even further significant damage in which could be the final blow to OUR Port Vale.

Sent from my SM-G903F using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived