onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Both offers rejected...

Arthur

Advert

Is Gorm likely to make more money out of selling the club and ground for a reasonable offer or by running the football side out of business and then building a new housing estate on the land?

If it's the latter, then we should be very worried as the ONLY thing he cares about is getting as much of his money back as possible.

In 2014 someone at the club told me how underhanded and nasty Smurthwaite was. In 2015 Smurthwaite's stories about racist fans beating him up told me how the man was a complete fantasist. In 2016 Smurthwaite swapped Page for Ribeiro and that proved to be the man was an idiot.

Still, until today he had the chance to bow out gracefully, leaving the club in good hands and himself with a fat cheque to boot. But no, he remains and will remain for some time yet.

Is Gorm likely to make more money out of selling the club and ground for a reasonable offer or by running the football side out of business and then building a new housing estate on the land?

If it's the latter, then we should be very worried as the ONLY thing he cares about is getting as much of his money back as possible.

He can't do that for many years and because of many mineshaft. That can't be an option.

Maybe we were in advanced talks with kev jones before they put the offer in. Maybe a conspiracy theory, I don't know. Something doesn't add up. Whatever it is, fradley is looking more like a puppet happy to be a 'mar mate' again.
Was Jak /Rangers an instalment arrangement over a year or more?

Personally I'd argue its best player is worth more than that alone and based on statements I'd imagine both the owner and Synetics think so too.
If you seriously believe that REP then you must be on something illegal. Smithie is a good player at L1 level but no Championship club will fork out anywhere near the figure you are insinuating. It would be £250,000 with add on's that will include the never ever.

Don't you realise that our money grabber will snatch whatever paltry figure that is waved under his snout.

The question I ask myself is how keen is Norman for the money. If he has the resources he claims and if his health is being affected as he claimed around Christmas, why quibble over the odd million quid. He could find that down the back of his sofa if his personal wealth is as stated and go back to Monaco or wherever he was before he bought Vale. Why put himself through all this hassle, becoming the most hated man in Burslem in the process? Why stay in charge of a football club which he isn't going to watch any more and apparently has no further interest in running? Why admit that he has made an almighty cock up of running the club then hang on like a leach when the chance to cut his ties arises. Why say he wants to make sure that he sells to the right people, then saying after their bid last year that Synectics were very good and community based but now seem to want nothing to do with them?

I feel for anyone who tries to buy the club because negotiating with Norman must like be knitting fog.

There isn't any reason to believe he is as wealthy as all that. He is one of those people who can be enormously rich or struggling for spare change depending on what suits. He must be worth at least £5 million+ but I don't think he is anywhere near being rich enough that the thought of losing a million pounds doesn't keep him up at night.

When NS bought the Club we were heading for Division One, with bigger gates, more enthusiastic supporters, a better squad of players and no debt.

He's run the Club into the ground, taken us down to Division Two, with hardly any decent players left and fans leaving in drones.

How on earth the Club can be worth much more than he paid for it is a mystery.

He gambled on Bruno and failed. He's admitted to making an almighty cock-up. He alone should bear the burden of his stupidity, not the Club or the fans.

Clinging on is only making things worse for everyone.

There isn't any reason to believe he is as wealthy as all that. He is one of those people who can be enormously rich or struggling for spare change depending on what suits. He must be worth at least £5 million+ but I don't think he is anywhere near being rich enough that the thought of losing a million pounds doesn't keep him up at night.
I think that you know something fella. I've pretty much heard the same.

Archived