onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Both offers rejected...

Arthur

Norman: "A subsequent offer, later that day, was then made by the Synectics Solutions Lawyer to which if accepted could have had serious financial implications going forward for Port Vale Football Club and was again rejected."

Synectics: "Subsequently, Norman informed us that there were potential, additional short term revenues which would increase the value of the club. In light of this information, we increased our offer subject to full disclosure prior to any deal being agreed. This increased offer did not impact our funding plans for running the club. This offer would not have caused serious financial implications as alleged or at all."

Is this definitely about player sales? Obviously everything Norman says has to be taken with a large sack of salt, but how could any increased bid due to imminent sales have serious financial implications? If that's the case, can't they just sign a % of the transfer received to NS? That's pretty common when managers leave clubs, isn't it?

Advert

People need to get real, the historic name of Port Vale is worth £1.25 million never mind the ground and assets. Forget it's Smurth for a minute and realise what our great club is worth. Yes we want him to sell but what we want is funding to the level he has been able to make but without the hassle, mistakes and ignorance. Bidders need to think that they will pay £1.75million at least and need a similar amount going forward.

The club's worth what someone will pay for it. If Vale was an animal, a vet would recommend putting it out of its misery. We've got no ground, a dying fanbase and are moving backwards; how can we be worth more than what NS paid for us?

Indeed, Santa. We were either in advanced negotiations with Kev Jones so the comment in the owner's statement were rubbish, or we were in advanced negotiations with someone else whom we were prepared to dump, or we weren't in negotiations with anyone at all and Mr Fradley made it up. None of those look good do they.

Maybe we were in advanced talks with kev jones before they put the offer in. Maybe a conspiracy theory, I don't know. Something doesn't add up. Whatever it is, fradley is looking more like a puppet happy to be a 'mar mate' again.

I can understand the initial offers being rejected, but why no sitting round the table to thrash out a deal??? Absurd.

My thinking is he's sitting it out to flog Smith and claim the hugill sell on then he's off.

I think you could be right although I'm still not convinced he's that serious about selling the club.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

The statement basically says "no you can't buy the club, but would you like to give me some money so I can carry on running it like an idiot?"

It also contradicts what TF said last week about negotiations with a shirt sponsor being at an advanced stage. If we haven't got a sponsor by now then we're in a bad way, I wonder if we'll get the new kit out and on sale before the start of next season?

Honestly I don't think anyone takes Fradders seriously. He was part of the trio that has let our second most valuable asset walk away for nothing!

People need to get real, the historic name of Port Vale is worth £1.25 million never mind the ground and assets. Forget it's Smurth for a minute and realise what our great club is worth. Yes we want him to sell but what we want is funding to the level he has been able to make but without the hassle, mistakes and ignorance. Bidders need to think that they will pay £1.75million at least and need a similar amount going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

You don't do business deals with your heart you do them with your head. As much as anyone may love the Vale, as a business with the debt it's got and the fact there are literally no assets, it's not worth any where near 1.25 mill.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Sorry but I can't agree the club without the ground is worth much at all. What's Coventry City worth? The only real non-tangible asset Port Vale FC has is its EFL membership and I can't see that having a value of £1.25m.

However, surely the two bids are opening bids and make it clear that the bidders do not see the value of the club, including ground, as a massive amount more than that and they're probably right. The ground is worth whatever the non-football development value is and the club is a bit more added on to that. The current playing staff aren't worth anything much in transfer value either.

I expect revised bids but of not significantly greater amounts, it's then up to Norman to either find a mug who'll pay what he wants, accept he isn't going to recover the money he's wasted on harebrained player 'investment projects' or keep hold of the club and either invest properly or lose the lot over time.

Maybe we were in advanced talks with kev jones before they put the offer in. Maybe a conspiracy theory, I don't know. Something doesn't add up. Whatever it is, fradley is looking more like a puppet happy to be a 'mar mate' again.

There is definitely another bidder and apparently they are willing to pay more, still don't know the name.

You don't do business deals with your heart you do them with your head. As much as anyone may love the Vale, as a business with the debt it's got and the fact there are literally no assets, it's not worth any where near 1.25 mill.

Personally I'd argue its best player is worth more than that alone and based on statements I'd imagine both the owner and Synetics think so too.

The question I ask myself is how keen is Norman for the money. If he has the resources he claims and if his health is being affected as he claimed around Christmas, why quibble over the odd million quid. He could find that down the back of his sofa if his personal wealth is as stated and go back to Monaco or wherever he was before he bought Vale. Why put himself through all this hassle, becoming the most hated man in Burslem in the process? Why stay in charge of a football club which he isn't going to watch any more and apparently has no further interest in running? Why admit that he has made an almighty cock up of running the club then hang on like a leach when the chance to cut his ties arises. Why say he wants to make sure that he sells to the right people, then saying after their bid last year that Synectics were very good and community based but now seem to want nothing to do with them?

I feel for anyone who tries to buy the club because negotiating with Norman must like be knitting fog.

Archived