onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Streete gone

pvfcrule

Disappointing but inevitable news. Streete is far too good for L2 and I expect a Championship club or ambitious L1 club, eg, one of the big boys coming down next week, to snap him up. If only our club had been properly run we could have fallen into that category and kept him which is what would have happened in the Rudge era. Relegation means we start from base zero again and have to build back up to getting young players of Remie's ability to come to Vale Park.

It's depressing.

Advert

As I have already stated, if we had offered him a new contract at the same rate he was on,presumed to be £130,000 we would have been held to ransom by players we are offering new terms to and also agents and players we try to sign,their is no way we can afford to pay those sort of wages at this level.

If he joins a club in Scotland(like Rangers maybe) we would have got nothing, it's not ideal but had we offered him a deal that we knew he is unlikely to sign we may have missed out on replacements whilst we wait a full month for him to officially reject the deal, also doubt any potential fee would have been minimal probably no more than 20-30k

We would still have been eligible for compo if he'd gone to Scotland because he's under 23.

For us to have got a fee for Streete we would have had to offer him a deal on the same money he was already on, then if no body else came in for him we would be stuck with a player who doesn't really want to be here and on a massive wage which would be taking up a large % of the budget on one player.

Obviously like all other vale fans I would have wanted him to stay but can see why we've had to reluctantly let him go.

We must be missing something here. I know this football club is daft, but it can't be that daft.

There must be more to it than that.

It was all very vague and avoiding the point.

Kept saying it was amicable and we wanted to keep Remie.

Comments were raised about Smurf describing Streete as a 'lazy trainer' to a fan, and that probably gives us an insight into why one of the most exciting players at the club will leave for nothing.

We must be missing something here. I know this football club is daft, but it can't be that daft.

There must be more to it than that.

I agree.

Surely we could come to a gentlemans agreement with Streete that we'll accept a low compensation deal, even if it's just a sell on clause?

There has to be something more in this.

For us to have got a fee for Streete we would have had to offer him a deal on the same money he was already on, then if no body else came in for him we would be stuck with a player who doesn't really want to be here and on a massive wage which would be taking up a large % of the budget on one player.

Obviously like all other vale fans I would have wanted him to stay but can see why we've had to reluctantly let him go.

We should have offered it anyway.

He accepts; we get a top end League 1 defender in League 2.

He rejects (99% likely); he leaves anyway and we make a few quid.

He was never going to play in League 2, a young lad as talented as he is. Due to our incompetence we just didn't do anything and here we are.

As I have already stated, if we had offered him a new contract at the same rate he was on,presumed to be £130,000 we would have been held to ransom by players we are offering new terms to and also agents and players we try to sign,their is no way we can afford to pay those sort of wages at this level.

No we wouldn't. We would offer them what we are willing to pay. Players don't sign for us out of the goodness of their hearts. They sign because we offer them better than other options. If we don't they go elsewhere. They aren't going to say "well, you offered streete this amount, if you don't offer it to me I'm going to sign for such and such a club for less".

I thought if a player went to Scotland or abroad you didn't get a fee, similar to when Mcphee went to Portugal for nothing despite being under 23?

The age limit for transfers within the UK is 24, it's 23 in another country. McPhee was under 24 but over 23 so that's why we got nowt for him.

I agree.

Surely we could come to a gentlemans agreement with Streete that we'll accept a low compensation deal, even if it's just a sell on clause?

There has to be something more in this.

No there isn't. He's gone. That's it.

We should have offered it anyway.

He accepts; we get a top end League 1 defender in League 2.

He rejects (99% likely); he leaves anyway and we make a few quid.

He was never going to play in League 2, a young lad as talented as he is. Due to our incompetence we just didn't do anything and here we are.

That's the ideal scenario if we were certain another club would snap him up, but if no one else came in for him is he just going to walk away with no club to go to, or would he want to stay here on the big money we offered him, knowing we can't afford it. A lot were saying Smith would be snapped up in the last window yet no one came in for him.

We weren't in a position to offer Streete the contract in the hope some one would come in for him, because if they didn't we would be stuffed.

Archived