onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Streete gone

pvfcrule

Advert

In agreement too. It's a shame to loose him but not the end of the world.

Hope we can bring in another young aspiring centre half to play alongside Bikey and Smith

Isn't the son of Steve Davies of Crewe on loan in Scotland. I am sure he would like to return to his local area and his wages wouldn't be brilliant at Crewe. He has plenty of experience in league 1 and league 2.

Agree Bikey with Smith will be enough for the division below. My big concern is that Smith will also leave.

At some point Nathan Smith will move on with all our good wishes. However he is on a long contract so we should get decent fee for him. I would prefer that he stayed for at least another season though.

Players aren't stupid. It is normal process to offer a contract to protect your assets. There is no way he would accept. If he did we have a player who is worth money. Some are saying it was lose lose, but it was win win. We either get a few, or own a player who could be sold. I don't know any other club who lets their most saleable assets leave for nothing out of choice.

Port Vale isn't any other club,here is where the improbable is accepted as normal and the absolute crass stupidity is par for the course.:angry::angry::angry:

Isn't the son of Steve Davies of Crewe on loan in Scotland. I am sure he would like to return to his local area and his wages wouldn't be brilliant at Crewe. He has plenty of experience in league 1 and league 2.

Suggested him in Jan. Would be available on a free

Sent from my Moto G (4) using the onevalefan mobile app

Am I the only 1 who is not depressed about Streete leaving?

Yes I thought he did a good job in general in a very ropey defence but I feel in Bikey(if we can get him alongside Smith) we have an excellent pairing for the 2nd Division.

Streete had many good games but you can't confirm that he "commanded" certain very good centre forwards against us. Bikey will muscle and bully other forwards and I believe that is a requirement in Division 2.

Wish Streete well as he would have more than likely moved on even if we had stayed up. Time for the new Vale to stand up and now be counted.

The wage Streete was on has to be spent wisely by Brown I know, but I'm confident that our central defence will not be weakened.

Our priority, as it has been for years now is to get goalscorers in so I feel more anxious about up front and midfield than central defence.

No issue with him leaving at all as currently we have cover but giving away our second most valuable asset for free is like deciding you can't afford your mortgage which has 100k equity in it but deciding to simply give the property back to the bank rather than trying to sell it.

It is absolutely scandalous stupidity.

There is no way he would have stayed so offer him the same deal and take the compo.

Garlick, Fradley and Brown have quite literally had a nightmare and sold the club down the river. I know the owner is taking a back seat but he should have stepped in to prevent these idiots ruining the club.

It's the job of Garlick and co to act in the best interests of the club so offer Streete a contract that matches his current one in the hope he doesn't accept it. If he goes we get a fee. if he says "Alright I'll sign that" and we can't afford it then withdraw it and take the hit. Not nice but they aren't in their positions to be nice.

It is widely acknowledged that the club has a bad reputation in football, thanks to Smurf's morally questionable treatment of Rob Page, getting rid then laughing and boasting at the compensation.

We are told that players refused to join in January and it may have directly cost us a relegation.

So your idea to improve the situation is to aqdd fuel to the fire by tricking a player - do you really think it would not get round that we had stooped so low.

Easily the most idiotic post I have seen for a long,long time, and finally we get to see your true character revealed - and some might be tempted to say that only a cheat and a liar would suggest such a ridiculous idea.

It is widely acknowledged that the club has a bad reputation in football, thanks to Smurf's morally questionable treatment of Rob Page, getting rid then laughing and boasting at the compensation.

Players refused to join in January and it may have directly cost us a relegation.

So your idea to improve the situation is to aqdd fuel to the fire by tricking a player - do you really think it would not get round that we had stooped so low.

Easily the most idiotic post, and finally we get to see your true character revealed - a cheat and a liar.

It's widely acknowledged by complete fools.

It didn't stop 4 former premier league players from signing in January did it?

He won't like you!

Firstly, this is the poster who complains about abuse then comes back with 'complete fool'. Beagle the hyprocrite ?

Do me a favour - I don't like or dislike him because I don't know him, but just out of interest what do you think of the 4 premier league players, don't be shy now... you never are other times. Amazing how someone like Pugh can change from a Blackpool reject to an ex-Premier star when it suits you.

Typical distortion - there are probably hundreds of past-it and useless ex-Premier players out there and I am NOT saying our 4 are past it or useless - but they didn't command a fee, and were paid modestly. Pity we didn't get someone with some of the £350k+ that Smurf got for Alnwick and Grant.

I'd stick to whining about people using the term 'hate crime' if I were you Beagle paws.

Firstly, this is the poster who complains about abuse then comes back with 'complete fool'. Beagle the hyprocrite ?

Do me a favour - I don't like or dislike him because I don't know him, but just out of interest what do you think of the 4 premier league players, don't be shy now... you never are other times. Amazing how someone like Pugh can change from a Blackpool reject to an ex-Premier star when it suits you.

Typical distortion - there are probably hundreds of past-it and useless ex-Premier players out there and I am NOT saying our 4 are past it or useless - but they didn't command a fee, and were paid modestly. Pity we didn't get someone with some of the £350k+ that Smurf got for Alnwick and Grant.

I'd stick to whining about people using the term 'hate crime' if I were you Beagle paws.

Ok, so my point is null and void because we didn't sign an actual premier league quality player?

It was you that claimed 'It was widely acknowledged'

Show me evidence that supports that statement. I've shown you evidence that supports my view (the 4 players with premier league experience) how about the promising youngsters that signed on loan? How about the son of an England international?

How do you know that players didn't sign for us due to our 'reputation'? I'd suggest that they got better offers else where (Wages/League position/Geographical location/1st team guarantees/Friends at the club etc etc)

I'm sorry if you think fool is abuse.

Ok, so my point is null and void because we didn't sign an actual premier league quality player?

It was you that claimed 'It was widely acknowledged'

Show me evidence that supports that statement. I've shown you evidence that supports my view (the 4 players with premier league experience) how about the promising youngsters that signed on loan? How about the son of an England international?

How do you know that players didn't sign for us due to our 'reputation'? I'd suggest that they got better offers else where (Wages/League position/Geographical location/1st team guarantees/Friends at the club etc etc)

I'm sorry if you think fool is abuse.

Since when does being the son of an ex-England international make you a good player ? (Though in this case, he WAS a good player, but a players fathers profession does not have ANY bearing on their ability, only a fool or a hate crimer would think differently.

If you choose to ignore what everyone else knows is fact about the bad reputation Smurf has lumbered the club with, that is your choice.

Archived