onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Streete gone

pvfcrule

Advert

Only my humble opinion,but for me we were stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

As already stated Remi was on a very high wage and even if we had have offered him the same terms,their is no way he would have signed a new contract as their will be clubs in far better positions vying for his signature,for those of you saying,then at least we would have got a fee for him.We may have well done,but we would have also opened the door for stupid wage demands,both from players already here and also from players we attempt to sign. Sorry to see him go,even more so for free,but I think we were in a no win situation.

seems like the budget wouldn't stretch to an offer, frightened that he would accept it and knacker up the recruitment plans we'll be lucky to survive in league 2,promotion budget my hearse.:sad::sad:

Or Streete made it perfectly clear that he wasn't interested in an offer from a league 2 club? I think thst was probably closer to the truth.

Streete was the clubs highest paid player,130k per year was rumoured, the Vale would have to match that or he goes for a free.

The gamble was if no one came in for him we would have a good 2nd division player on 130k,I guess that would fund two players, money is tight very tight so we must live within our means.

Correct. But it would fund three players at this level not two.

Only my humble opinion,but for me we were stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one.

As already stated Remi was on a very high wage and even if we had have offered him the same terms,their is no way he would have signed a new contract as their will be clubs in far better positions vying for his signature,for those of you saying,then at least we would have got a fee for him.We may have well done,but we would have also opened the door for stupid wage demands,both from players already here and also from players we attempt to sign. Sorry to see him go,even more so for free,but I think we were in a no win situation.

Players aren't stupid. It is normal process to offer a contract to protect your assets. There is no way he would accept. If he did we have a player who is worth money. Some are saying it was lose lose, but it was win win. We either get a few, or own a player who could be sold. I don't know any other club who lets their most saleable assets leave for nothing out of choice.

Streete was the clubs highest paid player,130k per year was rumoured, the Vale would have to match that or he goes for a free.

The gamble was if no one came in for him we would have a good 2nd division player on 130k,I guess that would fund two players, money is tight very tight so we must live within our means.

The money (or at least a good percentage of it) freed up in the wage budget now needs to be spent on a quality striker. No more false economies in front of goal.

Or Streete made it perfectly clear that he wasn't interested in an offer from a league 2 club? I think thst was probably closer to the truth.

That is irrelevant. As I understand the ruling, so long as an offer is made that at least matches the previous contract then the player can set fire to it and **** on the ashes but we would still be entitled to a fee. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong. If he has made it clear he has absolutely no intention of playing in League 2 next season i would suggest that would have made it more likely for us to offer him a deal to ensure we were entitled to a fee.

Maybe the truth will out but if he was on the rumoured basic of 130k that would fund two or three players at this level, so maybe we opted to go for that instead of waiting around for a few months to see whether or not he decided to sign.

The playing budget will have been cut drastically and I guess we are now trying to make what little we have go that bit further. Who knows?

If he joins a club in Scotland(like Rangers maybe) we would have got nothing, it's not ideal but had we offered him a deal that we knew he is unlikely to sign we may have missed out on replacements whilst we wait a full month for him to officially reject the deal, also doubt any potential fee would have been minimal probably no more than 20-30k

should have offered him a deal, if he went we get money great if he stayed great just reduce number of squad players to compensate --its totally important we get the best quality spine of the team to give us the best chance filled the rest with ave players if we must but a weak spine and a weak squad will make us worse off than last year on the playing front.

Players aren't stupid. It is normal process to offer a contract to protect your assets. There is no way he would accept. If he did we have a player who is worth money. Some are saying it was lose lose, but it was win win. We either get a few, or own a player who could be sold. I don't know any other club who lets their most saleable assets leave for nothing out of choice.

Correct. If this is the brains behind the club, we are in more serious trouble than I thought. No club with any sense misses up on the opportunity to protect its assets, especially when the risk a contract offer would be accepted was so minimal.

This shows how far we have fallen. Streete was a bench warmer under Page and perhaps would have remained so had all our first team squad been sold. The fact he was one of the highest earners after the 2nd year of a two year deal which when signed placed him nowhere near our highest earners exposes just how much the budget was cut last year under Smurf.

Correct. If this is the brains behind the club, we are in more serious trouble than I thought. No club with any sense misses up on the opportunity to protect its assets, especially when the risk a contract offer would be accepted was so minimal.

The same fans assuming they know better than the chairman and manager when really you know nothing why start a frenzy of negativity it really does make me laugh

Archived