onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael Brown is Port Vale manager on a permanent basis

To be honest I wouldn't have given him the job, but whether we could get someone any better on his wages, we'll never know.

At least we can really see now what he can do with no excuses to be had. Not assistant, interim or anything else, the manager of our football club with enough room in the squad to completely change it round if he wants to.

It's the worrying consistency of playing players the fans are screaming aren't good enough, and a clear unwillingness to adapt the team to our opponents which puts me off the appointment, but he can learn and I will happily come on here and say I was wrong if he succeeds. I hope he does and I will support him!

Advert

Why do we have to keep saying 'lets get behind the manager' because we appoint a rookie manager. A failed one at that. I am disgusted witg Port Vale and Brown as a professional. Its Dean Glover again.

Because calling for the managers head from the word go is a good idea that's going to help us isn't it?

Because calling for the managers head from the word go is a good idea that's going to help us isn't it?

It's not the word go though is it.

My biggest gripe isn't entirely with Brown, even though he's terrible, it's with Smurf just doing the same thing again and again and expecting people to swallow it. The debacle last summer was his antidote for the previous summer and what happened then? The manager left mid season, his assistant took over, he was terrible but got the job anyway- it's exactly the same. People need to open their eyes, the Smurf "on the cheap" tactics are in play AGAIN. He's not trying to rebuild, he's not stepping aside, he's just doing what he's done since he took over, cutting corners and hoping it'll all be okay

Congratulations to Michael brown, who I am certain will be a good manager and help Port Vale recover their pride and ambition.

All true Vale fans wish you well, and we offer our support in these difficult times - be sure that there are many that appreciate your efforts and know that you and those who assist you will all give your best for your club. UTV.

Pious nonsense; blind faith is just that, blind.

Vale actually won 3 of the last 11 under Bruno not one for a start. We were 17th you are correct but free fall is nothing like what we experienced under brown. In the whole of Nov and Dec under Bruno we lost just 4 games.

I'm was talking about the league.

We luckily beat a Stevenage side 1-0 and got booed off by our own fans we were that bad!

Then we beat a Hartlepool side about to be relegated into non-league!

I'm was talking about the league.

We luckily beat a Stevenage side 1-0 and got booed off by our own fans we were that bad!

Then we beat a Hartlepool side about to be relegated into non-league!

Under brown we lost to chesterfield and Coventry who were already relegated effectively, massive improvement?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Positives

- It's been done quickly. He's been planning for months either way it went. We're in a good position regarding summer recruitment and he sounded positive yesterday regarding that. Waiting until June last year was ridiculous for more reasons than just the ones we see in hindsight.

- The effortwas there. I exclude Thomas and Hooper in that (Neither of them gave a toss). We weren't good enough quality-wise, but I've seen most home and away games since Xmas (Cov & Bolton excluded). I never thought the effort was missing, just the quality.

- Commitment - Brown and Morgan would run through a brick wall for Sheffield United. They've been brought up that way. Recruitment I'm sure will focus on players like that in many of the positions. If we can add a bit of quality with that, then I'm sure we'll focus on the right end of the table. A full pre-season with those guys and we should reap the benefits.

Negatives

- The results - They weren't good enough obviously. He'll need a good start, we were one win short. With a poor squad and a terrible January transfer window it was always going to be tough.

- Performances - They did improve in my opinion and I enjoyed watching us more 2nd half of the season than the 1st half. But we were inconsistent. Is that going to change with a full summer of Browny in charge? I would hope so.

- The perception - That he's some sort of puppet of Smurf and a poor manager because we got relegated. It's going to have an impact on season tickets. Whilst it'd be nice to see a reduction in season ticket prices, I don't see it coming. This is what we have, we'll struggle with the season ticket sales because of this appointment.

Overall, I was high on him at the start of the caretaker reign (I thought he was the only man who could take the job given the makeup of the squad). I think he was hampered massively in January and working with some big constraints. We were a decent keeper or keeping Tyler Walker fit away from staying up. Either one of those and I'm convinced we'd be looking at another season in League One and that would have been a great achievement for Brown.

My enthusiasm has waned a bit for him because of the results. However my thoughts that the performances improved and that I think we'll be better for a summer under him make me think this is a good appointment. He made mistakes since he took over as caretaker. I hope they're all out of the way and he starts well. This club needs a boost, being near the top by the end of September would get a lot of people back onside.

Under brown we lost to chesterfield and Coventry who were already relegated effectively, massive improvement?

Nope, an absolute shambles which I agree with! Those results relegated us. But this squad hasn't scored goals all season apart from Jones. We didn't create much under Bruno. It was impossible to pull a proper goalscorer out of thin air in January without spending a fortune, that should have been addressed in the summer by Bruno. Instead we started the season with "the goalscoring sensation of L1" in Saleiro, Cicilia the carthorse, "sicknote" Forrester and bone idle Hooper. Add to that we signed Tavares and Mbamba on a combined wage of £3,000 per week which would have bought a really top quality L1 striker we craved.

Positives

- It's been done quickly. He's been planning for months either way it went. We're in a good position regarding summer recruitment and he sounded positive yesterday regarding that. Waiting until June last year was ridiculous for more reasons than just the ones we see in hindsight.

- The effortwas there. I exclude Thomas and Hooper in that (Neither of them gave a toss). We weren't good enough quality-wise, but I've seen most home and away games since Xmas (Cov & Bolton excluded). I never thought the effort was missing, just the quality.

- Commitment - Brown and Morgan would run through a brick wall for Sheffield United. They've been brought up that way. Recruitment I'm sure will focus on players like that in many of the positions. If we can add a bit of quality with that, then I'm sure we'll focus on the right end of the table. A full pre-season with those guys and we should reap the benefits.

Negatives

- The results - They weren't good enough obviously. He'll need a good start, we were one win short. With a poor squad and a terrible January transfer window it was always going to be tough.

- Performances - They did improve in my opinion and I enjoyed watching us more 2nd half of the season than the 1st half. But we were inconsistent. Is that going to change with a full summer of Browny in charge? I would hope so.

- The perception - That he's some sort of puppet of Smurf and a poor manager because we got relegated. It's going to have an impact on season tickets. Whilst it'd be nice to see a reduction in season ticket prices, I don't see it coming. This is what we have, we'll struggle with the season ticket sales because of this appointment.

Overall, I was high on him at the start of the caretaker reign (I thought he was the only man who could take the job given the makeup of the squad). I think he was hampered massively in January and working with some big constraints. We were a decent keeper or keeping Tyler Walker fit away from staying up. Either one of those and I'm convinced we'd be looking at another season in League One and that would have been a great achievement for Brown.

My enthusiasm has waned a bit for him because of the results. However my thoughts that the performances improved and that I think we'll be better for a summer under him make me think this is a good appointment. He made mistakes since he took over as caretaker. I hope they're all out of the way and he starts well. This club needs a boost, being near the top by the end of September would get a lot of people back onside.

This is the only pro-Brown post I've read worth it's salt.

That is the problem, Vale fans do not seem the brightest bunch. Happy clapping and saying lets get behind the boys when the appointment of Brown and this Chairman is virtually a middle finger to the fans.

It shows a lack of remorse for the damage done. Further shows that we could yet be facing a second relegation battle. Smurf should have thrown his weight behind a manager of experience in League two/One there will be someone out there, just like Micky Adams willing to give it a go. He got us promoted.

Instead we take one the cheapskate option, one that will be very damaging.

My fear is his tactics of playing not to lose will continue, hoping to snatch a goal and hold on or waiting until the second half [70 minutes] to start to play or simply playing for the draw...

We arent going down because we were unlucky so dont expect us to @dominate@ the lower league.... we went down because we were crap and if we stay that way the league will chew us up and spit out the bones... do jelly fish have bones?

That is the problem, Vale fans do not seem the brightest bunch. Happy clapping and saying lets get behind the boys when the appointment of Brown and this Chairman is virtually a middle finger to the fans.

It shows a lack of remorse for the damage done. Further shows that we could yet be facing a second relegation battle. Smurf should have thrown his weight behind a manager of experience in League two/One there will be someone out there, just like Micky Adams willing to give it a go. He got us promoted.

Instead we take one the cheapskate option, one that will be very damaging.

Who is out there? Name names?

Vale fans seemed to think we had a genuine chance of getting Gary Rowett which is where all this anti-Brown talk comes from I think.

Norman nearly appointed bloody Brian Little before Mourinho phoned him!

Archived