onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Sheffield Utd

Fosse69

Advert

Kiko is not good enough.

I would not have him anywhere near my team. Throw ins apart, he can't defend and sticks most of his centres behind the goal. His defending today was abysmal. Stop ball watching, get tight to your man and keep goal side of him. He can't even do the basics.

Taylor can't either.

We had a couple of terrible full backs on the pitch at the end and it showed.

+ The chants against NS. Didn't think they'd receive such a good reaction but it's clear that Vale fans are starting to realise that he is an embarrassment to the club and is culpable for the mess we're in.

+ We've still got loads of nutters. Say what you like (and I thought some of the actions were all for show today, namely trying to break down the metal fence next to the Police box at FT) but the anger and bravado stems from a genuine passion for the club. The fact that they all turned up to ensure that Sheff Utd couldn't take the **** makes me quite happy tbh.

- There's only four players I want to see in a Vale shirt again. Smith, Bikey, Eagles and Foley. The rest can well and truly **** off because they neither have the ability or desire to play for us.

- The manager. Browny signed Pugh. And Ryan ******* Taylor. They're his players and he's gone with them over some of the decent foreigners (Amoros etc). He's been unlucky with injuries (Callum Guy's injury was/is a gamechanger) but still, he's picking his favourites who quite frankly couldn't care less if Vale stayed up.

I know we are not doing so good at the moment, but it wouldn't go amiss when yet another blatant penalty and obvious red card was missed in the first minute of the second half.

Not saying we would have got anything as we are probably the worst side ever against 10 men but how the ref didn't see that hand ball is beyond me. Just think we aren't getting any luck that's all... and how we need it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using the onevalefan mobile app

I don't know why we've never tried 3.5.2 especially away from home.

Bikey, Streete and Smith appear a solid back three for me and as you say we haven't got any quick wingers so perhaps better to flood midfield and hope to pinch a goal while remaining tight at the back.

I would not start Kiko, Taylor or Hooper again, unless Purkiss is injured.

What about a back three, Reg and Eagles up top and five across the middle. Maybe Pugh, Foley (who has to do more) & De Freitas.

We can sneer at a point but every point is vital. If we went into the last tough game still alive I think we'd all take that.

Agree with that being saying for a while we should be playing3.5.2 with the players we have in the squad.

Sent from my iPad using the onevalefan mobile app

Kiko is on par with Craig James absolutely shocking

I thought exactly the same yesterday. His defending is woeful, I reckon I'd have a decent chance of doing him and getting my crosses in. All three goals came from his side yesterday and he was personally culpable in the build up to all three, even if Mehmet in goal is like putting a traffic cone in there. Trouble is Tanser hasn't looked any better from the little I've seen of him.

+ The chants against NS. Didn't think they'd receive such a good reaction but it's clear that Vale fans are starting to realise that he is an embarrassment to the club and is culpable for the mess we're in.

+ We've still got loads of nutters. Say what you like (and I thought some of the actions were all for show today, namely trying to break down the metal fence next to the Police box at FT) but the anger and bravado stems from a genuine passion for the club. The fact that they all turned up to ensure that Sheff Utd couldn't take the **** makes me quite happy tbh.

- There's only four players I want to see in a Vale shirt again. Smith, Bikey, Eagles and Foley. The rest can well and truly **** off because they neither have the ability or desire to play for us.

- The manager. Browny signed Pugh. And Ryan ******* Taylor. They're his players and he's gone with them over some of the decent foreigners (Amoros etc). He's been unlucky with injuries (Callum Guy's injury was/is a gamechanger) but still, he's picking his favourites who quite frankly couldn't care less if Vale stayed up.

No mention of the fact that Sheffield supporters were able at will to launch just about anything towards the paddock.I think that's provocation at its worst.

No mention of the fact that Sheffield supporters were able at will to launch just about anything towards the paddock.I think that's provocation at its worst.

I wonder how long we will have to wait to read in the Sentinel that X amount of Sheffield fans have been arrested for possession of flares , throwing missiles in a football stadium.Using the CCTVas evidence?

My dad would be turning in his grave .

What the hell have we become .

Never beat anyone we aint supposed beat .

Soft players who couldnt give a damn if so u couldnt tell they did as after 2 mins we already succumbed then after giving the best team in the league a leg up we never really smashed into them as such .

I love Vale but how can anyone love this Vale .

Same system ,same formation ,same performances every game .

Half time blast from Brown first ten mins of second half excellent then back to useless thats de ja vue cause thats exactly what happened at Chesterfield.

Bad bad times yet the fans were cheering encouraging doing what they could but the playersr so limited its unbelievable .

Wheres a winger ,wheres a game changer ,where a change of formation ,where most importantly is the will to win and not be beaten .

The fans r brill the chairman well u royally messed it up ,the players well u lame because u shouldnt be allowing the disgrace of going down .

U should fight harder ,wheres ya honour .

Thought Kiko's performance today was the worst I've seen since Sam Togwell made his debut for us at Chesterfield in 2005

But both had times neither had cover in front of them. I recall the Chesterfield game clearly and basically it was 2 and sometimes 3 against 1. they just passed the ball around him. As they did with Kiko yesterday.

Our full backs are poor, very poor, but you are right about the lack of cover. Eagles and Hooper don't do their jobs. One hasn't got the legs any longer to track back and cover while the other hasn't a clue that he's supposed to be doing just that!

So many basic weaknesses about this team that it's hard to know where to begin.

Out two current full backs are the worst we've had for years, they have no pace, cant stop crosses, can't head and let opposition wingers waltz them. Adam Yates would be in the team if he were fit and that probably says it all.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Archived