onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Sheffield Utd

Fosse69

My prediction before the game was 4 nil so did slightly better than I thought but yet again another abject performance apart from a 15 minute spell just after half time. Other than Smith and Bikey who were really good at the back, kept Billy Sharp quiet and Reg who did ok with a lack of service, the rest were pretty awful.

Again Brown made many baffling decisions, we were poor against Chesterfield and he only makes the 1 change. Kiko whose confidence looks shot kept his place again, Tanser despite not being the best is surely a better option. How did Ryan Taylor keep his place after last week as well.

Eagles was probably man of the match the last 2 or 3 home games and then played on the left today, why can't Gibbons get a game, he can't be any worse than Purkiss or Taylor at right back.

Tend to agree. Those 3 you mention did well but the rest were not good enough.

Kiko's defending is deplorable. Taylor looks shot. Hooper needs a rocket up the arse. We are carrying 3-4 lads every game and not creative enough up front. It's frustrating because the other teams remain within reach but we have zero quality up top, despite Reg's efforts.

Advert

This certanly will be the great escape.

Yep. How a comfortable mid table side escaped from League One via the back foor by alienating their manager and all their best players over the close season, swapping stability for utter chaos.

I can forgive players who lack ability (Cicilia, Kiko) but Purkiss, Taylor, Hooper, Eagles should hang their heads in shame because they didn't give anywhere near 100% effort.

Michael Brown should go now, to continually pick players who don't give a damn if Vale win, lose or draw is disgusting.

Injuries? I've seen players walk off the pitch this season with 'injuries' that Aspin, Porter, Hunter, Sproson, Hazell....... etc would have laughed off. We've had some genuine injuries no doubt but we've got players who are all to willing to hide from the pressure.

I think a lot of the players use injuries as an excuse, they just don't want to play. Plus we've signed a lot of injury prone players. Get rid of Forrester, Thomas and co. Half a dozen games a season and being paid for it is no good for us.

Two mins and all the bulid up to the game was ruined .

Id like apologise to all the Vale fans who have gone today ,all week i have being positive then that after two flaming mins that optimismwas banished .

What the hell was Kiko doing and who was Osheas man .

My heart is downcast now in my opinion we rolled over and had our tummies tickled .

The fans encouraged the best they could .

All the best to you fab Vale fans who have witnessed a season of total rubbish in the main

I think most of the shirts were as clean as they left the field as when they took to the field .

Embarassed by the players who dont have what it takes .

I just want the season end now .

No more rally cries the football club is dead .

I need get away from football its not what it was .

Utv

I completely agree with you mate. I'm very downhearted tonight with another shambles from the start.

I don't know why we've never tried 3.5.2 especially away from home.

Bikey, Streete and Smith appear a solid back three for me and as you say we haven't got any quick wingers so perhaps better to flood midfield and hope to pinch a goal while remaining tight at the back.

I would not start Kiko, Taylor or Hooper again, unless Purkiss is injured.

What about a back three, Reg and Eagles up top and five across the middle. Maybe Pugh, Foley (who has to do more) & De Freitas.

We can sneer at a point but every point is vital. If we went into the last tough game still alive I think we'd all take that.

Yeah,more fans than them.That's proved a few on here wrong.Still a shocking home turn out.Hang your heads in shame you glory hunters who ever you are.

Don't think the phrase glory hunters is right, I just think people are fed up,with the dross which is being served up each week and are staying away.

I thought we created a few half chances and Sheffield United didn't do a great deal but found themselves 2-0 up. I guess that's the difference between top and bottom, they have Sharp and Clarke to take the few chances they had, we've got Big Reg and Hooper and no guesses as to what happened with our chances.

There are so many things I can't comprehend today;

1. Why scapegoat DeFreitas for last week's loss?

2. Why pick the same team as against Rochdale?

3. Whycplay Kiko at left back with no protection in front of him?

4. Why put Foley out wide after the injury?

5. Why play Hooper?

6. Why waste Eagles out wide when he is clearly dangerous as a number 10?

7. Why put Kelly on and give up with 10 minutes to go?

8. Why more muscle injuries?

9. Why allow ****** from both sides to throw flares?

10. Why ask the United fans to sit down twice and make yourself look stupid?

11. Why announce the attendance and make our club look tinpot?

12. Why on earth did the manager come out all upbeat after that terrible performance?

WHY, WHY, WHY?

Agree with all of that. That bloke on the tannoy needs sacking, it's embarrassing. We look a tinpot club run by a tinpot fat chairman.

Archived