onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Black and Gold 2?

Eddie Hitler

Advert

The only way to get rid of this buffoon of a chairman is to hit him in the pocket. I am Vale through and through but have not gone to one home game this season as Smurthwaite is not getting another penny off me. I go to as many away games as I can (when I am in the country) and will support the team this way.

I would love to get my black and gold scarf and protest but there really does not seem any fight in the supporter base after the way we were treated by our own fans to get rid of Bratt and then MOLD. Even though these fans now know we only protested for the good of our beloved club, they could not see that we were doing it for the greater good of PORT VALE FC and I fear that these same fans would not see that trying to get rid of Smurthwaite would also be for the good of the club.

Fans saying that we should support the team until after our last game are kidding themselves. Once the season is over we will not have anyone to protest against until The start of next season and then fans will say give the team and manager our support to see how we are going to do.

If Smurthwaite keeps losing money and having to dig into his sweety jar to keep paying the bills then this will be the time he will think he will need to cut his losses and run. Believe me there is an amount of money where he will say enough is enough and sell up. The less money fans put into the club, the sooner he will leave. So Vale fans, stand up for the club and stop putting money in ti the club and let's force this clown out.

It was difficult enough getting fans onside even when we had credible buyers waiting.

Despite all of the chatter about Synetics, they don't seem keen to go public and by the time they may do so, the Club will be ******.

The experience of being abused by fellow fans will live long in my memory and despite the misery of being a Vale fan, I fear that few are prepared to do anything about it.

some of us older fans want a quiet life not a fight or a slanging match,there are more things in life than following a club where the owner looks down on the supporters as something he's trod in so if we are relegated I will feel depressed but life will go on and season ticket monies will buy other items to make our remaining years as pleasant as can be.

It was difficult enough getting fans onside even when we had credible buyers waiting.

Despite all of the chatter about Synetics, they don't seem keen to go public and by the time they may do so, the Club will be ******.

The experience of being abused by fellow fans will live long in my memory and despite the misery of being a Vale fan, I fear that few are prepared to do anything about it.

I think it is unfair to criticise Synetics for not saying anything. I think they are keeping a diplomatic stance and just waiting for Smurthwaite to come to his senses and to sell the club for what it is really worth and not the price he is asking. Let's be honest Al if you had the money to buy the club would you pay well over the odds?

Are most of the fans on here just looking for a scapegoat for our poor league position or something?

Smurthwaite isn't perfect, but i'm not sure what he's done to be so villainized. Comments like 'it will get nasty' are just ridiculous, the guy has put a decent wedge in since he's taken over.

Are most of the fans on here just looking for a scapegoat for our poor league position or something?

Smurthwaite isn't perfect, but i'm not sure what he's done to be so villainized. Comments like 'it will get nasty' are just ridiculous, the guy has put a decent wedge in since he's taken over.

Loaned the club a decent wedge, that he wants back in any club sale...

Another naïve soul who has believed all of the nonsense that has come out of his mouth.

I bet that he hasn't put as much in as owners of other L1 clubs have over the past few seasons. All he does is tells us about what he allegedly has put in.

If as he said he had a meeting with Bill Bell months after Billy had died I won't believe a word that he has said.

Loaned the club a decent wedge, that he wants back in any club sale...

In that case he'd need to find a buyer willing to pay an extortionate price for the club which isn't going to happen, so he can want his money back all he likes.

Regardless this is only a potential issue with Smurthwaite. Sure, things could be better on the commercial side of things but overall I don't think he's a bad lower league chairman.

Calls for protests and even a thread about starting a new club from scratch just make the majority of the posters on this forum seem irrational, which undermines the whole anti Smurthwaite campaign.

Completely agree. Burslem FC and Black & Gold 2? FFS!

Norman is obviously out of his depth, I don't think anyone can deny that, and has displayed quite a malicious streak at times, but some of the posts on here are laughable. Of course, anyone who has the temerity to state that they don't believe some machiavellian asset stripper gets shouted down for being naive or an asslicker or labelled as pro-Smurf.

The reason we are where we are in the league is his ridiculous recruitment and treatment of the last lot of players!

And he hasn't 'put in a wedge' he has loaned us a wedge. He wants it ALL back!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived