onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale are NOT going down...calm down

whotobeakiller

All the OTT threads are really agonising to watch. People are now looking ahead of NEXT season and predicting Non-League obscurity. What an over reaction.

Vale have played poor this season...but there has also been glimmers of Promotion form. Vale are now in the bottom four with 9 games left of which they are a game or two in hand over the clubs near the bottom with only three or four points more (Oldham only have two points more) So what's the drama all about?

Vale lost last night to a club whom are down and out...but Coventry had to win last night or they may as well have all packed their bags for League two and forfeited their final seven games...that result last night could have happened to Millwall, Sheff Utd. Fleetwood...in fact any of the top six positioned clubs.

It's about time the club and the fans started to get a realistic proportion of perspective and started to be more positive. Vale are going no where this season...they will finish at least fifth from bottom out of the bottom four...calm down. The home games are now cup ties...get down the Vale and roar the team to wins just like against Shrewsbury and Vale will be sound.

Somebody had to take a reality check:closedeyes:

Advert

Ive been extremely positive, especially after winning on Sat and I think that almost everyone who attended last night were more than confident Vale would go there turn in a similar performance and get a result. However, the manner of the defeat was particularly concerning and I think that was more a reality check hence people's worry, and not just for this season.

Can't share your optimism our performances of late are ***** we don't wake up untill it's too late lastnight a prime example took us 70mins to get going.. Shrews we played decent once we scored that goal before that was shocking.

Looking at the remaining games I just can't see where the points are coming from possibly mk dons, Chesterfield and maybe Wimbledon apart from that I don't think we will have a sniff

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

When was the 'glimmer of promotion form' you speak of? The away form has been garbage all season - no promotion without that - and as soon as our home record went from the start of October we started dropping. I think we'll scrape a point at Chesterfield and lose all the other remaining aways. Which means we simply have to beat MK, Wimbledon and somehow get results against Sheff U and Bolton.

All the OTT threads are really agonising to watch. People are now looking ahead of NEXT season and predicting Non-League obscurity. What an over reaction.

Vale have played poor this season...but there has also been glimmers of Promotion form. Vale are now in the bottom four with 9 games left of which they are a game or two in hand over the clubs near the bottom with only three or four points more (Oldham only have two points more) So what's the drama all about?

Vale lost last night to a club whom are down and out...but Coventry had to win last night or they may as well have all packed their bags for League two and forfeited their final seven games...that result last night could have happened to Millwall, Sheff Utd. Fleetwood...in fact any of the top six positioned clubs.

It's about time the club and the fans started to get a realistic proportion of perspective and started to be more positive. Vale are going no where this season...they will finish at least fifth from bottom out of the bottom four...calm down. The home games are now cup ties...get down the Vale and roar the team to wins just like against Shrewsbury and Vale will be sound.

I love the optimism, I will tell people the same when they ask me but not really believe it deep down.

You are naturally optimistic, and told us UKIP would win 100 seats in the last General Election- I'm not mocking that, but reality has to be considered.

It's on a cliff edge really - we will know more after the next 2 games as anything less than 4 points from them really does mean that's it - and 4 may not be enough.

That part is in Vale's hands - but 2 other things are not. Firstly whether teams still need points when they come to play Vale, notably Bolton and Sheffield United. If United are already promoted they just MAY be a little lax.

And secondly, more important, is when and if our injured players come back. We could almost put out a decent side of injured players - and desperately need them. That, more than anything, will probably determine our League One fate.

I think we will stay up, bad result last night but we have been **** away from home for two seasons now. Why Brown went one up top i will never know, it hasnt worked all season.

Oldham and Shrewsbury have much tougher run ins than us and we still have a game in hand over shrews, two on oldham. Three wins needed from 9 games. We have won ten out of 37 this season, roughly one win every three, question is will 50 points be enough this year.

Did you forget to take your medication this morning?

We WILL be in L2 next season.

Archived