onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Coventry C v Port Vale

Fosse69

They weren't that good Sage, it was just we were woeful. Two goals handed on a plate to them by Brown and Tavares.

Tavares didn't hand them the 2nd goal on a plate. He had no one to pass to, no movement and he had no option but to try a hopeful long ball to Shalaj which was cleverly read by the Coventry player.

Advert

These next 2 games are a huge opportunity, I just hope we don't bottle it. By 5pm on Saturday it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could be in 17th on 47 points, with a game (or 2 games) in hand on the teams above us, never mind below us. It would take a lot of things to go our way for that to happen. We need to win them first of course, but if we do it takes us level on points with MK (still 1 game in hand) and Charlton (still 1 game in hand). Given the other teams have games against the top 3, and Gills have Posh, it could happen. I've got everything crossed and remain as positive as I've been for a long time, but we could be sitting in a much much healthier position in a few days time.

These next 2 games are a huge opportunity, I just hope we don't bottle it. By 5pm on Saturday it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could be in 17th on 47 points, with a game (or 2 games) in hand on the teams above us, never mind below us. It would take a lot of things to go our way for that to happen. We need to win them first of course, but if we do it takes us level on points with MK (still 1 game in hand) and Charlton (still 1 game in hand). Given the other teams have games against the top 3, and Gills have Posh, it could happen. I've got everything crossed and remain as positive as I've been for a long time, but we could be sitting in a much much healthier position in a few days time.

I would think Brown knows this too, Vale have surely got much more to play for than Cov.

I had a 55p each way bet (most sky would take) for a 7 race accumolator on the last day at Cheltenham which would have won me 500k. The first 6 came in but not the 7th so I am definitely not going to have a bet on the Vale game.:angry::sad:

should have had a stop at a winner bet.

The last two away performances have been a huge improvement, and if we go with the same hard work and pace going forward, then we can cause them problems tomorrow night.

My only issue would be that they looked dead on their feet on Friday towards the end and we're relying on many players who haven't played regularly for a while (Taylor, Eagles, Streete, Kiko, Foley etc).

I can understand the reasoning behind the odds, but the motivation factor is big and I think we're definitely worth a fiver.

I thought they were tremendous, caused us endless problems. Nearly backed them for promotion after that game, thought they were going to do a Barnsley.

Thought they were just a normal mid table side. We were horrendous that day other than One lad for them they looked very average.

I can see us taking closer than 1k than 500.. It's anyone's guess by how much but our current form, results and overall positivity has got people feeling better about things. It's not far to go and it's still a biggish club to visit.

I honestly think if we can stay out of the bottom four come April 30th we can build on a whole new wave of support and optimism for next season. The support at the last two home games has been superb, and I'v no doubt we're making a big difference to the team.

Whatever happens, I hope those who feel Michael Brown deserves to be in charge next season let the Chairman know how we feel. We simply can't afford another of his hare-brained appointments!

Archived