onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Newspaper of the year

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

You obviously are not capable of understanding the situation, hence your reference to Spit the Dog who probably talks more sense than found in your posts.

Get used to it - hate crimes are not going to be tolerated in a decent society - go and live in Trumpland if you don't like it.

Personally, I don't care what you say but if you upset other people who are more vulnerable, that deserves to be stopped.

Bullying people by hate crimes is not 'opinion'.

grow up and learn not to go crying to the police every time someone calls you a naughty name. Its not bulling, its just a word - your attempt at jumping on the 'I'm offended' bandwagon is juvenile and pathetic

Meanwhile, there's actual racists and proper criminals out there whilst the police a dealing with this horrendous white british on white british racism.

You still fail, or possibly pretend to, to acknowledge that Kelvin McKenzie did NOT see it as white British on white British because he knew of the players partially ethnic background.

He knew only too well what he was saying and the offence it would cause, and used a specific hate crime term to match that. Is that so difficult to grasp ?

And don't undersell the lovely Mr McKenzie - given time and the correct police action that we are seeing he could well end up being seen as a 'proper criminal'.

He is for most decent people everywhere, and just about everyone in Liverpool already, even if you seem to think he is such a paragon of moral virtue.

grow up and learn not to go crying to the police every time someone calls you a naughty name. Its not bulling, its just a word - your attempt at jumping on the 'I'm offended' bandwagon is juvenile and pathetic

Another person who cant read posts accurately. I haven't gone crying to the police - it is public characters, far more important than me. And the likes of you won't stop them by calling me names, try it with them and see what happens my little hate merchant friend.

Despite your post (which is aggressive in tone but makes me feel as threatened as I would be by a dead ant), I haven't reported or been offended by any reporters remarks.

You just don't like my opinion (up to you) so you IMAGINE that it is me rather than the authorities who I heartily support in their fight against hate crimes.

But many words that do upset people are not 'naughty names' - teenagers who have committed suicide thanks to Facebook and Twitter bullying and people who still use terms like n*g*** and so on are not just naughty.

You can call ME what you want, as I really don't see any difference between you (an anonymous digital poster and over-excitable nonentity) and something I might have trodden in, but try it with a newsworthy person and correct and appropriate action will be taken against you - not by me, but by the police you fail to respect.

Is that so difficult for you to understand ?

You still fail, or possibly pretend to, to acknowledge that Kelvin McKenzie did NOT see it as white British on white British because he knew of the players partially ethnic background.

He knew only too well what he was saying and the offence it would cause, and used a specific hate crime term to match that. Is that so difficult to grasp ?

And don't undersell the lovely Mr McKenzie - given time and the correct police action that we are seeing he could well end up being seen as a 'proper criminal'.

He is for most decent people everywhere, and just about everyone in Liverpool already, even if you seem to think he is such a paragon of moral virtue.

Look, I don't care about Ross Barkley's grandad. He didn't say "your grandad is a gorilla" he said Ross Barkley looks dead behind the eyes, like a gorilla.

Is Ross Barkley black? No.

Is Gorilla an intrinsically racist word? No.

Is comparing a white person's eyes to a gorilla racist? No.

Do journalists check what race someones grandparents are everytime they write about them? No.

There's actual people out there who want to hurt others because they hold different beliefs or different passports, or have a different skin colour. What is being gained by trying to crowbar a shitty piece of journalism into a horrendous CRIMINAL racial attack? Absolutely nothing is being gained and if anything I think it would have a negative effect on race relations.

How sad must it be to live your life constantly thinking about ways to not be racist, and ways to tell everybody how not racist you are. Every word that is printed must be checked and double checked because someone might have been related to someone with a different ethnicity who was born 80 years ago.

Hate crimes are an absolute joke and they don't protect anyone bar the left wing loonies who get a warm fuzzy feeling because they've managed to sneak their crazy ideas in when no one was looking.

Another person who cant read posts accurately. I haven't gone crying to the police - it is public characters, far more important than me. And the likes of you won't stop them by calling me names, try it with them and see what happens my little hate merchant friend.

Despite your post (which is aggressive in tone but makes me feel as threatened as I would be by a dead ant), I haven't reported or been offended by any reporters remarks.

You just don't like my opinion (up to you) so you IMAGINE that it is me rather than the authorities who I heartily support in their fight against hate crimes.

But many words that do upset people are not 'naughty names' - teenagers who have committed suicide thanks to Facebook and Twitter bullying and people who still use terms like n*g*** and so on are not just naughty.

You can call ME what you want, as I really don't see any difference between you (an anonymous digital poster and over-excitable nonentity) and something I might have trodden in, but try it with a newsworthy person and correct and appropriate action will be taken against you - not by me, but by the police you fail to respect.

Is that so difficult for you to understand ?

:laugh: Hate merchant?!?!

This is exactly the problem. Whipping yourself up into a frenzy over absolutely nothing. Anyone who disagrees with you is a hate merchant.

Can you not take a step back and see how crazy this is?

We're not talking about actual racial language (N*****) we're not talking about kids being goaded into suicide or what other extreme examples you want to make up to try and justify your crazy views. We're talking about a white journalist saying that a white footballer was dead behind the eyes like a gorilla, nothing more, nothing less.

If that's a crime then we may as well give up now.

What was the point of the article in the newspaper? Comments on his skills or otherwise as a football should be the topic, throw in pay,social life, etc for a bit of interest is surely enough. Picking on non-football physical characteristics is surely not relevant, why authorise the article?

If you don't wish to buy the Sun Mr Yukon you have my full support of your right not to do so. Those that wish to buy this legally avaible publication have the right to do so and also have the right to info from the same sources that other papers have access to...if not then we no longer have a free press and those that don't want a free press have won.

Everton choosing not to deal with the sun is the same as Trump refusing to deal with CNN

If you do buy the Sun, I think you're scum. I'm a football fan & the Scum lost their privilege to report on it 28 years ago. Your pious brand of right wing cack won't convince me otherwise.

Daily Mail/ anti-abortion? Get back go the 19th century.

JFT96

I thought all businesses, shops, pubs, etc. could decide on what to sell and what not to sell, as well as choosing their customers. It hasn't anything to do with censorship, just personal choice.

The article was appalling and deserved every criticism it got. If Everton want to ban the journalists from the Sun that's their prerogative isn't it?

No one has said that they don't have the right to ban the Sun...but people/posters have said they don't agree that it's right to ban the Sun.

Meanwhile, there's actual racists and proper criminals out there whilst the police a dealing with this horrendous white british on white british racism.

If proof emerges that McKenzie knew of the player's ethnicity and did this deliberately/knowingly then throw the book at him but until then it's just unpleasant and possibly defamatory in some peoples' eyes (including mine) and no more than that and the readership, owners/management and the player can make their decisions according to how they feel about it.

Archived