onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Newspaper of the year

JOHNNYAITCH

Advert

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39601728

Wow, apparently a white guy calling a white guy a gorilla is racist now.

Thank god for hate crimes.

Yes, but you conveniently forgot to mention that the 'white' player insulted has a grandfather born in Nigeria, didn't you ?

Which was the crux of the matter, and rather invalidates your post which was a waste of space anyway.

You really mustn't get your tail in a twist every time the words HATE CRIME appear, mr beagle, you'll be hearing it more and more often.

I notice also that this took place in Liverpool, and the so-called journalist was Kelvin McKenzie, responsible for the Sun headline 'Hillsbro- the truth' whci lied about fans stealing from and urinating on the dead - didn't mention that in your post either did you ?

Thank God some of us tell the full facts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39601728

Wow, apparently a white guy calling a white guy a gorilla is racist now.

Thank god for hate crimes.

Liverpool's mayor refers to a racial stereotype of Liverpool..so now Liverpudlians are a race? Who knew.. Yes its a stereotype and an unpleasant and wrong one but racial??? Trivialises real racism to make such claims. I wonder if McKenzie was aware of the players ethnicity? If so its insensitive at best and possibly a lot more sinister at worst

Liverpool's mayor refers to a racial stereotype of Liverpool..so now Liverpudlians are a race? Who knew.. Yes its a stereotype and an unpleasant and wrong one but racial??? Trivialises real racism to make such claims. I wonder if McKenzie was aware of the players ethnicity? If so its insensitive at best and possibly a lot more sinister at worst

If McKenzie was NOT aware of the players ethnicity, as you so quaintly put it, then that makes him an even more incompetent and useless investigative journalist than he is a nasty hate-merchant. I'd say he is both.

And Liverpool does have a strong tradition of having a largish mixed-race population going back far longer than recent immigration, so the remarks about racism are perfectly valid and totally appropriate.

Perhaps the lovely Kelvin is not the only person who needs to reaearch his facts before steaming in with opinions that point fingers where there is nothing wrong.

The mayor is now pushing Everton to ban the Sun and it's journalists from Goodison and Finch Farm?

Yes, but you conveniently forgot to mention that the 'white' player insulted has a grandfather born in Nigeria, didn't you ?

Which was the crux of the matter, and rather invalidates your post which was a waste of space anyway.

You really mustn't get your tail in a twist every time the words HATE CRIME appear, mr beagle, you'll be hearing it more and more often.

I notice also that this took place in Liverpool, and the so-called journalist was Kelvin McKenzie, responsible for the Sun headline 'Hillsbro- the truth' whci lied about fans stealing from and urinating on the dead - didn't mention that in your post either did you ?

You are right.

I'm going to have to start checking everyone's ancestry before I insult them from now on.

Just out of interest, how many generations should I go back before it's not racist to call a white guy a gorilla?

I don't care what his grandfather had for breakfast, I don't care what colour socks his aunty wears or what the weather was. None of it is relevant.

This is a trumped up ridiculous (typical left wing 2017) racism claim that is completely bogus and the mayor should be investigated for wasting police time. It is because of hillsborough, if this was written about any other player in any other city who may or may not have had a relative from Nigeria, no one would care.

were you a member of the Stasi in a previous life, controlling everything people said, wrote and probably might have thought? or just an admirer of the organistation?

I have to say, liverpool (and possibly everton) banning the sun over hillsborough is fine in my eyes, they've got legitimate ground to do it and they're not doing it for censorship reasons.

But trying to accuse a white guy of racism against another white guy for calling him stupid - like a gorilla is beyond me.

I have to say, liverpool (and possibly everton) banning the sun over hillsborough is fine in my eyes, they've got legitimate ground to do it and they're not doing it for censorship reasons.

I disagree...its a reason not to buy the Sun, not a reason to ban it.

But trying to accuse a white guy of racism against an other white guy for calling him stupid - like a gorilla is beyond me.

If McKenzie did know about his ethnicity then there could have been something more sinister behind it but he says he didn't..he been a provocative columnist and it is all very unpleasant and for me hes gone too far. The mayor of Liverpool claiming this is racism towards Liverpudlians is being ludicrous..Liverpudlians are a mixture of just about every race there is so as a group therefore cannot be a race...you could call it prejudice but not racism.

I disagree...its a reason not to buy the Sun, not a reason to ban it.

I mean banning reporters from the clubs, not banning anyone else from selling it. I'm totally against anyone imposing restrictions on other people buying it.

I don't think it's censorship if you don't want to deal with a media outlet and I also think as a club, Liverpool have a legitimate reason to not want sun journalists in their press conferences.

Archived