onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Newspaper of the year

JOHNNYAITCH

Daily Mail named newspaper of the year at annual press awards. Well deserved...especially the thought provoking columnists and the excellent sports coverage. Some of its campaigns (bullying in cycling and the witchunt against British soldiers for example} deserve much praise. Some of it deserves no praise but no newspaper is perfect.

I await the criticism of it from those that don't read it as well as praise and criticism from those that do :wink:

Advert

You are trying hard to get a response JA so I'll reply!

Being to the left of centre necessarily means that I don't rate the Mail at all, apart from it's use as toilet paper, container for fish and chips, or lining a budgie's cage.:wink: But it's good value for money, has some useful sections - like sport and finance - and it's TV magazine at weekends is second to none.

I find it far too right wing for my liking - way over the top at times. For example, its attack on the Supreme Court judges was deplorable.

I can see why some might like it ( like Kim jong-un:shutup:) but it's very biased.

Being to the left of centre necessarily means that I don't rate the Mail at all, apart from it's use as toilet paper, container for fish and chips, or lining a budgie's cage.:wink: But it's good value for money, has some useful sections - like sport and finance - and it's TV magazine at weekends is second to none.

I find it far too right wing for my liking - way over the top at times. For example, its attack on the Supreme Court judges was deplorable.

I can see why some might like it ( like Kim jong-un:shutup:) but it's very biased.

They are all biased!!!

The judge thing re the EU was absolutely worthy of condemnation

Dangerous, hate filled rag. Along with The Sun, The Express and, to a lesser extent as everyone surely regards it as little more than a comic, The Star, it must take a large amount of responsibility for the rise in hate crimes against vulnerable minorities. It's blatant hypocrisy, disingenuous peddling of lies and constant appealing to it's readership's baser instincts means that I'd rather have a copy of the National Front's newspaper in the house than this vile, glorified piece of bum wad. In other words, not a fan.

Each to their own but the Daily Mail provides the Guardian and the Mirror with some excellent opposition.

And George Osborne to be editor of the Evening Standard!!!! Newspaper of the year 2018?????

Good luck serving his constituents 200 miles away. Not sure which one out of being an MP and being a newspaper editor is a part time job. Both, seemingly. *****.

Regarding the Mail, a good mate of mine works for them on the sports desk, mostly covering the cricket. He is of the view (backed up by those I have met) that it is populated by good, talented people who are writing for an awful publication, in terms of the politics of the paper.

Good luck serving his constituents 200 miles away. Not sure which one out of being an MP and being a newspaper editor is a part time job. Both, seemingly. *****.

Regarding the Mail, a good mate of mine works for them on the sports desk, mostly covering the cricket. He is of the view (backed up by those I have met) that it is populated by good, talented people who are writing for an awful publication, in terms of the politics of the paper.

After dinner speeches etc, pays a lot more. Just an extra meeting of a morning then toddle off to the house.

Cameron is raking it in too. 120k an hour he charges. That would make your eyes water on the streets of Cobridge.

I think we've all suspected for many years, and known as a fact since the Telegraph's revelations about MPs expenses, that the majority of them are in it for the money, but I suppose we'd all have our noses in the trough given a chance. Me apart, of course!:wink:

Archived