onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Newspaper of the year

JOHNNYAITCH

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4370872/Teenage-asylum-seeker-17-fighting-life.html

A terrible incident regardless of the circumstances.

Do the leftist loonies actually think that attacks such as this have RISEN since brexit or are they just more news worthy now? Would this have been called a HATE crime even 10 years ago? Or would it simply be a suspected racist attack?

Advert

No we were not, we were discussing your statement that the hate crime REPORTED has risen but not convictions. Ive proved that untrue, and can also prove easily that hate crime has risen after Brexit. Who is moving goalposts ?

:laugh:

YOU, YOU ARE MOVING THE GOALPOSTS YET AGAIN :laugh:

The links you have posted are from 2009, 2009, 2014 and 2016.

In fact the only one which is published after brexit is about disability 'hate' crimes. I don't remember that being a part of any brexit debate? Do the daily mail encourage people to go and attack disabled people too?

How on earth do they supposedly show that HATE has increased since brexit?

Your links are garbage. They absolutely prove you wrong and they absolutely prove me right. Just because someone commits a crime against someone in a wheelchair, which would have been committed anyway, which someone has now decided is a 'hate' crime doesn't mean that the total number of crimes have increased.

Widening the definition = a lot more crimes now come under the ridiculous heading of 'hate' crime.

Moving the goalposts in a debate about moving the goalposts. Bea Smith really can make it up!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4370872/Teenage-asylum-seeker-17-fighting-life.html

A terrible incident regardless of the circumstances.

Do the leftist loonies actually think that attacks such as this have RISEN since brexit or are they just more news worthy now? Would this have been called a HATE crime even 10 years ago? Or would it simply be a suspected racist attack?

Of course this is a hate crime. (It wouldn't have been labelled as such last decade as the term wasn't really used (AFAIK)). They attacked the guy when he admitted to being an asylum seeker and they kicked the **** out of him. I believe that the Daily Mail's (and others, such as other right wing media and UKIP) constant bombardment of scare stories and lies about asylum seekers makes attacks like this far more likely. I really don't see how you deny that.

Oh, and if you want a serious discussion, leave out the babyish 'leftist loonies' et al comments.

Of course this is a hate crime. (It wouldn't have been labelled as such last decade as the term wasn't really used (AFAIK)). They attacked the guy when he admitted to being an asylum seeker and they kicked the **** out of him. I believe that the Daily Mail's (and others, such as other right wing media and UKIP) constant bombardment of scare stories and lies about asylum seekers makes attacks like this far more likely. I really don't see how you deny that.

Oh, and if you want a serious discussion, leave out the babyish 'leftist loonies' et al comments.

It was a sickening racist attack and cannot be described or explained away as anything else.

Ihelieve that the Daily Mail's (and others, such as other right wing media and UKIP) constant bombardment of scare stories and lies about asylum seekers makes attacks like this far more likely. I really don't see how you deny that.

Jumping in.. not denying that you believe that.....looking for some proof that the mail produced a constant bombardment of scare stories and lies about asylum seeker's that made attacks such as this more likely..will settle for evidence if there isn't proof.

In this current appalling case we have no idea what contributed to their decision to inflict harm on their victims other than it seems them having some sort of prejudiced attitude to this asylum seeker..what has made them that way we dont know.

Main things now are his recovery and catching them and locking them up for a long time.

Don't get your blood pressure raised by Bea.

It's a waste of time .

Yes, I think her Royal highnesses tampons have nearly exploded with 3 angry posts in a row.

But joking aside, this is a great website for Port Vale, but of little meaning on non-football events. I just post what I think when I see the devil at work and don't expect it to change anything as nearly everyone on here has concrete set views on politics.

The football debates are great, but politically what I write, you write or he deigns to put his quill to is pifflingly trivial in the wider view of the world. So I do hope he does have some beta-blockers handy.

But it isn't funny when some poor kid of Kurdish origin gets nearly killed at a bus stop and all that the Beagle can care about is whether it is labelled a hate crime or a racist attack - semantics more important than attempted murder ?

It doesn't matter what you call it Mr soap box, the motive was clear and the lad is nearly dead while you bicker and try to score points off my posts. That fact is far more important than any rubbish you or I post on a football website, no ?

Oh and Johnny Aitch, you forgot to add 'Let's hope some good can come of this' (as you put after the Air Show crash) to your usual sanctimonuious claptrap posts that try to get the Mail, Sun and other hatemongers off the hook when something like this happens, and no remarks about cattleloads of refugees either from you today - you feeling unwell?

:

Do the daily mail encourage people to go and attack disabled people too?[/I] end quote

The stories they print about 'benefits cheats' and the constant Channel 5 programmes encourage a thanfully small but significant number of people to verbally, and sometimes physically attack disabled people. So, yes, quite possible that the Mail doesn't help the situation.

I have been with someone who was in a wheelchair and when they got up, with some pain, and just about managed to walk a few steps to get in the car, some idiot made a filthy remark like 'Oh you can walk when it suits you- bet you're on benefits' - that's what your Mail-type stories lead to[/b]

quote from RB- Just because someone commits a crime against someone in a wheelchair, which would have been committed anyway, which someone has now decided is a 'hate' crime doesn't mean that the total number of crimes have increased.

Wow, your thoughts are actually worse than I thought. The whole point is that it 'wouldn't have been committed anyway' (where on earth did that gem come from ?) but writing things against foreign/gay/disabled/homeless people DOES encourage low-lifes to do these things.

It seems your real problem is just the petty use of words - it actually sounds like you are saying no one must use the term 'hate crime' because it offends your precious sensibility, and that's what matters.

It's not, the crimes and victims are still there whatever you label them and have increased.

Ever thought of having a brain enema ?

:

Do the daily mail encourage people to go and attack disabled people too?[/I] end quote

The stories they print about 'benefits cheats' and the constant Channel 5 programmes encourage a thanfully small but significant number of people to verbally, and sometimes physically attack disabled people. So, yes, quite possible that the Mail doesn't help the situation.

I have been with someone who was in a wheelchair and when they got up, with some pain, and just about managed to walk a few steps to get in the car, some idiot made a filthy remark like 'Oh you can walk when it suits you- bet you're on benefits' - that's what your Mail-type stories lead to[/b]

quote from RB- Just because someone commits a crime against someone in a wheelchair, which would have been committed anyway, which someone has now decided is a 'hate' crime doesn't mean that the total number of crimes have increased.

your beloved bbc did a pretty good job on benefit cheats a few weeks ago, so did the friend of the left the Mirror, in reporting the story. 'Britain on the Fiddle' told the styory of a woman from ghana with 2 ids, milking the system for over £100,000, and she got away with it.

are you suggesting these fiddles, that are costing us over one and a half billion pounds, shouldnt be reported? Are you also suggesting the Mirror and bbc are encouraging people to verbally, siometimes physically, attack people?

or is it just the mail and Channel 5 that suit your red fascist, bigoted, agenda?

:

your beloved bbc did a pretty good job on benefit cheats a few weeks ago, so did the friend of the left the Mirror, in reporting the story. 'Britain on the Fiddle' told the styory of a woman from ghana with 2 ids, milking the system for over £100,000, and she got away with it.

are you suggesting these fiddles, that are costing us over one and a half billion pounds, shouldnt be reported? Are you also suggesting the Mirror and bbc are encouraging people to verbally, siometimes physically, attack people?

or is it just the mail and Channel 5 that suit your red fascist, bigoted, agenda?

Firstly, kit is not 'my beloved BBC' it is yours as well, you pay for it as well, so if you don't like it write to them.

Benefit cheats are not what I'm talking about and you know that perfectly well, as they also rob deserving cases, as dfo tax evaders and avoiders who are much more of a menace.

Multipe id's is a far cry from someone in a wheelchair and nothing to do with it so don't muddy the waters to cover your sewage views.

Are you also suggesting the Mirror and bbc are encouraging people to verbally, siometimes physically, attack people?

Its an interesting point..should stories be published that reinforce some peoples prejudices or violent tendencies? If a newspaper reports for example a story about English football hooligans getting a kicking in say Croatia does that encourage twisted England supporters to want to show how hard they are next time? If it does should they pull the story? But what about our hard won press freedoms?

In theory many stories about a controversial subject could stir up already present prejudices or seem to reinforce them in some twisted minds...I have no doubt that it happens.

Firstly, kit is not 'my beloved BBC' it is yours as well, you pay for it as well, so if you don't like it write to them.

Benefit cheats are not what I'm talking about and you know that perfectly well, as they also rob deserving cases, as dfo tax evaders and avoiders who are much more of a menace.

Multipe id's is a far cry from someone in a wheelchair and nothing to do with it so don't muddy the waters to cover your sewage views.

but you ceertainly are talking about benefit cheats - look at your opening para, you say it in your previous post.

and if they are muddy waters, the sewage is due to the c rap that you keep spewing

What scare stories and lies?

And I think you've missed the point of my post. I'm not denying that this incident is a hate crime, or racist, or terrible or whatever else.

My point is do you seriously think that these incidents are more common now, than they were 10/20/30 years ago?

My answer would be absolutely not. They're much less common and on the whole I think the UK is a very accomodating place for many immigrants. So my next point would be why are the police/lunatics on the left so desperate to try and claim that hate crimes (Racist incidents) are increasing dramatically?

Hate crimes are increasing. Because our society has widened and widened the definition of hate crimes, not becase there are more attacks happening.

I'm not sure the likes of the Daily Mail actually make such attacks more likely because I have serious doubts that the perpetrators of such attacks can read.

Wow, your thoughts are actually worse than I thought. The whole point is that it 'wouldn't have been committed anyway' (where on earth did that gem come from ?) but writing things against foreign/gay/disabled/homeless people DOES encourage low-lifes to do these things.

It seems your real problem is just the petty use of words - it actually sounds like you are saying no one must use the term 'hate crime' because it offends your precious sensibility, and that's what matters.

It's not, the crimes and victims are still there whatever you label them and have increased.

Strange that my issue is "petty words" yet you are constantly inventing things in my "petty words" to be disgusted and offended by.

I'm really sorry that someone was rude to your friend. But as it is not a crime to be rude to someone then I'm not sure what point you are making.

My point is really quite simple, in that 'hate crimes' are not increasing at all. The crimes were still happening 10 years ago, it's just that they were not called hate crimes then.

Your beloved police stats that are so totally accurate will tell you that crime has fallen every year for 20 odd years.

Archived