onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The dying of the light

Iron Curtain

Advert

So you would have all those that have left?Duffy,Dickinson,McGivern,Birchall,Dodds.There isn't a decent five a side team there.What a season you're having beasty,Arsenal and Vale.Dear me.:yes:

Yep Arsenal and Vale have been toss again.. Though same with your red devils i guess and especially Pogba. .But i admit Vale are toss, but my heads not buried in the sand is it H.

Unfortunately after the euphoria of the Swindon game we have been brought back down to earth with a sickening bump.

I fear the worst... that no matter what improvement Browny is making, is is not only 'too little, too late' but were in fact never going to be good enough to turn the tide caused by the gross negligence of the chairman of our football club.

A fish rots from the head. Mr Smurthwaite's complete lack of knowledge on how to run a football club could be forgiven. The arrogant and divisive way in which he has manipulated people and refused to acknowledge and address his shortcomings is unforgivable.

He has turned his back on the vale. Anyone who stands up now to defend him is either deluded or part of his little gang. It's clear to anyone willing to open their eyes that all he wants now is his money back and has little care left for our club.

I hear rumours that Nicky Ajose was at vale park during the transfer window only for his contract to be torn up by smurf.

I hear rumours that a Jamie proctor was at vale park but was turned away due to an argument over £50 a week

I hear rumours that Ben Williams the goalkeeper was at vale park only to be turned away.

This is how Smurf reinvested the money made on the sale of Alnwick and Grant.

I'm fed up of hearing that 'he is ploughing' money into the club. Aside from the fact that he is doing it as loans which is now incorrectly adding to the vale of the club. I unfortunately saw the list of players wages. And some of the names at the top were not laughable... they were worrying. For mbamba to be on what he was on, from the lower reaches of Norwegian football is actually scary. And Smurf signed that off... so yes he put money in. But he was the one wasting it!

Teams in a relegation battle need to pull together. Norman has done nothing but divide our club. I'm not hearing of many people in the world of football who are on his side... and that includes people within the club unfortunately!

Yes he has said he wants to sell up, but even that worries me, because the decision is in his hands!

He said he wouldn't sell to Synetics because they needed debt to finance the deal. Then he says that he is considering a hedge fund deal!! He is an ex financial advisor... surely he knows what a hedge fund is (hint: it's a fund made up of lots of little bits of debt to individuals or institutions)

I am unfortunately ranting after a dissapointing result. But I fear that we fighting against the dying of the light... not only from a relegation view point, but also our very existence.

My God--that's about the most depressingly negative posts I've read in a while!

Unfortunately after the euphoria of the Swindon game we have been brought back down to earth with a sickening bump.

I fear the worst... that no matter what improvement Browny is making, is is not only 'too little, too late' but were in fact never going to be good enough to turn the tide caused by the gross negligence of the chairman of our football club.

A fish rots from the head. Mr Smurthwaite's complete lack of knowledge on how to run a football club could be forgiven. The arrogant and divisive way in which he has manipulated people and refused to acknowledge and address his shortcomings is unforgivable.

He has turned his back on the vale. Anyone who stands up now to defend him is either deluded or part of his little gang. It's clear to anyone willing to open their eyes that all he wants now is his money back and has little care left for our club.

I hear rumours that Nicky Ajose was at vale park during the transfer window only for his contract to be torn up by smurf.

I hear rumours that a Jamie proctor was at vale park but was turned away due to an argument over £50 a week

I hear rumours that Ben Williams the goalkeeper was at vale park only to be turned away.

This is how Smurf reinvested the money made on the sale of Alnwick and Grant.

I'm fed up of hearing that 'he is ploughing' money into the club. Aside from the fact that he is doing it as loans which is now incorrectly adding to the vale of the club. I unfortunately saw the list of players wages. And some of the names at the top were not laughable... they were worrying. For mbamba to be on what he was on, from the lower reaches of Norwegian football is actually scary. And Smurf signed that off... so yes he put money in. But he was the one wasting it!

Teams in a relegation battle need to pull together. Norman has done nothing but divide our club. I'm not hearing of many people in the world of football who are on his side... and that includes people within the club unfortunately!

Yes he has said he wants to sell up, but even that worries me, because the decision is in his hands!

He said he wouldn't sell to Synetics because they needed debt to finance the deal. Then he says that he is considering a hedge fund deal!! He is an ex financial advisor... surely he knows what a hedge fund is (hint: it's a fund made up of lots of little bits of debt to individuals or institutions)

I am unfortunately ranting after a dissapointing result. But I fear that we fighting against the dying of the light... not only from a relegation view point, but also our very existence.

Ajose was almost certainly a target for Vale and he was close to signing BUT then there are 2 different what happened nexts,one was as you say his contract was torn up and the was that he said he wouldn't join a club run like ours.....now maybe the latter was due to the first bit

Ajose was almost certainly a target for Vale and he was close to signing BUT then there are 2 different what happened nexts,one was as you say his contract was torn up and the was that he said he wouldn't join a club run like ours.....now maybe the latter was due to the first bit

Swindon are as in a big a mess as us if not worse, you only need to read their message boards.

Was hoping for a point from Northampton and was not expecting a win. However desperately need 3 points against Shrewsbury because other teams around us are picking up points and we need to get on a winning run . If we are to get out of this mess it very much needs to be sooner rather than later because later will mean League 2 football.

Personally I think Norman bought into some kind of pipe dream as to what owning and running the Vale could be, although I don't subscribe to his blaming virtually everything on Paul Wildes, he has to take a fair share of the responsibility and if Paul Wildes 'sold him a pup' then that's 100% his own responsibility. Whatever the reality of that the situation now appears to be he'd like to get out but wants all his dosh back, a situation that's pretty unlikely. I can understand him being wary of the so-called Norwegian hedge fund, not because he's bothered about the club but because they're unlikely to pay any agreed purchase price up front and he'll be worried about them not being able to meet any payment agreements. If he really wants out then he should pitch at a realistic price and sell to whoever meets that price and gives him the money in a straight 'cash' deal. If that deal was available why would Norm give a hoot as to who they are, he's not a lifelong Vale fan with the irrational emotional attachment to the club us supporters have? I very much doubt anyone would buy the club without the ground and basically the club is only worth what the value of the ground is, probably a couple of million quid, maybe three? Most of the players are a liability not saleable assets.

Things could have been so different if it weren't for some proper crackpot ideas, the worst of which has been recruiting huge squads of players largely not good enough to compete at the level we're at rather than getting a smaller number of good players who could have kept us at least in L1 and maybe even improved us. Lots of the players on our books currently will not be good enough to keep us in the Football League never mind being appreciating assets that will be sold on at a profit!

All this leaves us desperate for significant change, both on the playing side and in the way the club is run, whether that continues to be by Smurf or not. No or little change will see us fade into oblivion and history.

They do throw the towel in easy don't they Howjy?

When will you stop finding Vale's plight amusing and something to smirk at and realise that all those who thanked the opening post are not just talking about relegation or not, but are concerned with the future of the club and its very existence.

You and your mates will still be posting your self-satisfied posts when Smurf beggers off with his money and Vale depart the league.

Michael Brown is doing his utmost, the proper supporters care passionately that we stay up, but are not prepared to stand by whilst a Smurf's shambles of mismanagement kills the club, aided and abetted by those few fans who are only too happy to help him divide and conquer the main fan base.

So easy for him thanks to your puerile posts...

I wonder how many supporters expected a return from Northampton now that they have a manager who appears to know what he's doing,a point would have been an unexpected bonus.

We didn't exactly walk off easily with three points when they had a (decent) manager who you and your type would say DIDNT know what he was doing, if your brain can remember that far back. Rob Page wasn't so useless that he knew how to get a win at Vale Park before we had imploded under Bruno.

3 points in that game would have made our chances much better now.

After the way the team played at Gillingham and Southend, a point would not have been an unreasonable expectation. However, injuries conspired against Vale in a massive way again.

I am very sorry to say that there are a small number of Smurfetes who seem almost happy to go along with what seems like a one way trip into oblivion under this cretin of a Chairman.

Lets get it straight those who still attend in the hope of an unlikely escape from the drop but register their deep concerns about the way the club is being both funded and run are in my opinion the ones who actually care the most.

I'm glad for those who don't lose any sleep over the Vale's plight but I can tell you that I sat up most of the night thoroughly depressed by the situation that we now find ourselves in.

To suggest as Howjy has done that the present squad is stronger than the squad of last season is truly ridiculous a quick peep at the league table is ample proof that that comment is absolute nonsense. Some of those that are now gone may not have been world beaters but they cared far more about Port Vale than the group of mercenaries and loanees that Brownie is now saddled with.

I cannot just sit back and watch our club fall back into the bottom division because the efforts of the team that won us promotion deserve better and so do the real fans.

When will you stop finding Vale's plight amusing and something to smirk at and realise that all those who thanked the opening post are not just talking about relegation or not, but are concerned with the future of the club and its very existence.

You and your mates will still be posting your self-satisfied posts when Smurf beggers off with his money and Vale depart the league.

Michael Brown is doing his utmost, the proper supporters care passionately that we stay up, but are not prepared to stand by whilst a Smurf's shambles of mismanagement kills the club, aided and abetted by those few fans who are only too happy to help him divide and conquer the main fan base.

So easy for him thanks to your puerile posts...

Thank you to one of my favourite followers.

Archived