onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The dying of the light

Iron Curtain

Unfortunately after the euphoria of the Swindon game we have been brought back down to earth with a sickening bump.

I fear the worst... that no matter what improvement Browny is making, is is not only 'too little, too late' but were in fact never going to be good enough to turn the tide caused by the gross negligence of the chairman of our football club.

A fish rots from the head. Mr Smurthwaite's complete lack of knowledge on how to run a football club could be forgiven. The arrogant and divisive way in which he has manipulated people and refused to acknowledge and address his shortcomings is unforgivable.

He has turned his back on the vale. Anyone who stands up now to defend him is either deluded or part of his little gang. It's clear to anyone willing to open their eyes that all he wants now is his money back and has little care left for our club.

I hear rumours that Nicky Ajose was at vale park during the transfer window only for his contract to be torn up by smurf.

I hear rumours that a Jamie proctor was at vale park but was turned away due to an argument over £50 a week

I hear rumours that Ben Williams the goalkeeper was at vale park only to be turned away.

This is how Smurf reinvested the money made on the sale of Alnwick and Grant.

I'm fed up of hearing that 'he is ploughing' money into the club. Aside from the fact that he is doing it as loans which is now incorrectly adding to the vale of the club. I unfortunately saw the list of players wages. And some of the names at the top were not laughable... they were worrying. For mbamba to be on what he was on, from the lower reaches of Norwegian football is actually scary. And Smurf signed that off... so yes he put money in. But he was the one wasting it!

Teams in a relegation battle need to pull together. Norman has done nothing but divide our club. I'm not hearing of many people in the world of football who are on his side... and that includes people within the club unfortunately!

Yes he has said he wants to sell up, but even that worries me, because the decision is in his hands!

He said he wouldn't sell to Synetics because they needed debt to finance the deal. Then he says that he is considering a hedge fund deal!! He is an ex financial advisor... surely he knows what a hedge fund is (hint: it's a fund made up of lots of little bits of debt to individuals or institutions)

I am unfortunately ranting after a dissapointing result. But I fear that we fighting against the dying of the light... not only from a relegation view point, but also our very existence.

Advert

When/If we go down I also fear for the clubs existence with Smurthwaite in charge,he has proved he is incapable of making the correct decision, yes its hard running a football league club,but gambling like he did last close season and paying the salaries to untried unproven players is unforgivable.

we aint down yet although most on here have thrown the towel in but browny hasn't so we still have a fighting chance.

Cmon people we still have games in which we can win, starting with friday and tuesday. Come next Wednesday things could look alot better. We are "supporters" after all, so less negativity and more support please.

Depressing times indeed. I'm gutted tonight after that late winner from Northampton . I thought Vale had done enough to get a point . Bad mistake by Fasan , and that's not good enough I'm afraid. Despite making a few good saves earlier , a keeper should never be beaten from 35 yards out. On to Friday , and we just have to win and hope Bury and Oldham get beaten . It's a huge task ahead and the odds are that we will go down . That hasn't happened yet , and I won't give up until it's mathematically certain. We'll be lucky to stay up though , as the team is not good enough. We need experienced men in the spine of the team and we don't have them . Keeper , Centre Half , Midfielder and a good striker. We're ***** and we know it. We have none of those. Maybe we'll get the rub of the green on Friday . I won't be holding my breath. ☘️ UTV

A very sad Houston Valiant

The writing was on the wall when Smurf forced nearly all of last seasons squad through the door. If we'd have kept most of last seasons side, not in a million years would this Vale side be where we are now. Decent players wont come here now, again, due to Smurfs dirty tactics of last summer. Mud sticks. But yet, certain posters still stick up for this horrible horrible man, this man IS destroying Port Vale FC.

Archived