onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The dying of the light

Iron Curtain

Advert

I never thought I'd live to see the day when I looked back to Bill Bell's tenure as a golden age, biscuit tins and all.

I didn't think it would end, I thought we were established in Tier 2,with magnificent new stand being built ready for a tilt at the Prem. Not the right sort of thinking for a Vale fan, far safer knowing your place. Plenty of points to go for yet though.

Bury, having to avoid a 11-0 defeat the last match of the season was another escape.

Yeah I started typing out the 2-0 win v QPR the week before that made the Bury game pointless. That was 99, the last season goals scorer was used over goal difference if I remember rightly. If it was goal difference we'd have gone down.

I'm no Smurf supporter, but I've not given up hope yet that we can survive. If we do it will be down to Brown getting the best from a poor squad.

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

Keep the faith we had 1 set back .We still have a good opportunity to get pts on the board against our closest rivals. Must win back to back games coming up then we can all feel better about ourselves. We need fans to be loud and proud again Friday. Together we can stay up!

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

If we can say that the bottom 3 are gone (it's going to be a huge ask for even one to stay up) then, theoretically, we need to chase only one team.

To beat Shrewsbury on Friday would put us two behind them with two in hand on them.

Things would look a lot rosier despite what the other teams around us do on Saturday.

It's not over by any stretch of the imagination. It's going to be hard but Friday is huge and we have to believe.

If we can say that the bottom 3 are gone (it's going to be a huge ask for even one to stay up) then, theoretically, we need to chase only one team.

To beat Shrewsbury on Friday would put us two behind them with two in hand on them.

Things would look a lot rosier despite what the other teams around us do on Saturday.

It's not over by any stretch of the imagination. It's going to be hard but Friday is huge and we have to believe.

Personally I live more in hope than expectancy. I am hoping that we can find a goal on Friday and keep the Shrews at bay. Then Coventry will be a massive test because though they are obviously poor our own away record is rather hopeless but if we do succeed in beating the drop and we will all give a huge sigh of relief. That said if we are still lumbered with our present owner will he have learned from this year? That I doubt because from his previous track record he appears to learn nothing so I will spell it out in capital letters for him it isn't rocket science:

IF YOU HAVE A GOOD MANAGER WHO IS ALLOWED TO BRING IN DECENT QUALITY PLAYERS THE CROWDS WILL RESPOND AND GROW. PAYING PEANUTS WILL ONLY ATTRACT SQUIRRELS, T1T5 AND MONKEYS AS WE HAVE CLEARLY SEEN THIS SEASON.

Having read the news reports on the homepage I reckon this is all shaping up perfectly for Cecilia to come back from injury and fire the goals needed to keep us up,it's written in the stars. Smurf will take all the credit for signing him and then tell us all he's fallen in love with the club ( again ) and is giving us a promotion budget next season ( again ) but this time we'll be going for quality over quantity ( again ) ...... And then we can all go through this again this time next year, it's like a CCTV stuck on loop !

Having read the news reports on the homepage I reckon this is all shaping up perfectly for Cecilia to come back from injury and fire the goals needed to keep us up,it's written in the stars. Smurf will take all the credit for signing him and then tell us all he's fallen in love with the club ( again ) and is giving us a promotion budget next season ( again ) but this time we'll be going for quality over quantity ( again ) ...... And then we can all go through this again this time next year, it's like a CCTV stuck on loop !

Spot on! Including Reggie the cult hero

The man in charge is unhinged and unqualified.

But, on the pitch we're looking better. If it wasn't for a rookie keeper throwing a couple in on Tuesday, we'd be three unbeaten and be right up for tomorrow. Anyone who went on Tuesday will tell you we didn't deserve to lose. I'm happy to put all the off field stuff to one side until the summer - all our energy has to go into helping the boys out of this mess.

The man in charge is unhinged and unqualified.

But, on the pitch we're looking better. If it wasn't for a rookie keeper throwing a couple in on Tuesday, we'd be three unbeaten and be right up for tomorrow. Anyone who went on Tuesday will tell you we didn't deserve to lose. I'm happy to put all the off field stuff to one side until the summer - all our energy has to go into helping the boys out of this mess.

Bang on. I'm buzzing for tomorrow.

Maybe Michael brown will think that it is wise to put Reggie on the bench and then give him a run out sometime in the second half to help bring him back to full fitness gradually. Also to be an impact player in the last twenty/thirty minutes.

Archived