onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Confidence in the owner.

Spunk Trumpet

Do you have confidence in Norman to get us out of this mess and take us forward.  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in Norman to get us out of this mess and take us forward.

• Yes
    • No

Give them what they want Norman sell to Synetics let them borrow what they need to finance the club which would probably be the same as your Directors Loans at present!

Or the Hedge Funders just like Coventry City and Sisu then they would have something to moan about when things go wrong!

If a Consortium bought us with say 6-8 Directors each having a stake of say a £1 mill each whats the difference to us owing money to them individually or to just one man?

Better the devil you know I say he will turn it round!!

John

Come on your a decent bloke to understand smurf will not be able to turn this around to many fans have left us now

It's also funny how only u and guppy for England stick up for the chairman now where there used to be loads of us

Does guppy work for the club??

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Give them what they want Norman sell to Synetics let them borrow what they need to finance the club which would probably be the same as your Directors Loans at present!

How do you know that this was Synectics John?

Or the Hedge Funders just like Coventry City and Sisu then they would have something to moan about when things go wrong!

If a Consortium bought us with say 6-8 Directors each having a stake of say a £1 mill each whats the difference to us owing money to them individually or to just one man?

I've never seen a more convincing argument for 'Smurf out'.

Better the devil we know. How we've fallen.

I have no confidence in Smurthwaite to run the club, and I don't really have confidence in him finding the right buyer, if we are to reflect on his previous decisions.

I don't understand how people have confidence in his ability to get us out of this mess. Prior to the Q+A, he's made mistake after mistake after mistake. He's already admitted he got us into this mess in the first place.

Since we've been in the mess, his actions have been as follows;

- He's created a situation where no one knows what's going on with the managerial position. Created instability.

- We had a disastrous transfer window, and whether he was present or not, his handling of players and Managers over the last few seasons have had an impact on our ability to attract quality.

- He's argued with and insulted fans on here and Twitter, bang in the middle of the early bird season ticket period. He should be selling STs (he doesn't d building a buzz), not putting customers off.

- He's then undertaken a Q+A on here over the last few days, during which time he's ruled out ticket initiatives based on the fact that others have failed. He's then admitted that the marketing campaign for one of those initiatives entailed printing off 100 flyers and placing them in the stadium. Surely, alarm bells must be ringing at this point.

- He's stated that his plan is based on hoping we get lucky "with a fair wind" etc.

- The whole Bill Bell scenario, what was that about??

The list goes on and on. Maybe I've missed something, I'd love to feel positive about how things are at the moment and have complete faith in Smurf, but I honestly don't know what to base it on at the moment. Could someone help me out please?

I think you should set up a new Forum as l do not know how to do that

And the title

Do you have confidence in Smurf selling to the right party

For me that is more important than any that is posted here

Other than our table position that is what preoccupies my mind most

Do you have confidence in SMURF selling to the right party for SMURF?

Do you have confidence in SMURF selling to the right party for PVFC?

The former becomes the barrier for the latter

You can either reflect, change and put it right or continue smashing the fanbase and creating a legacy that is nothing to be proud of. The tone, the statements and lack of evidence that you are listening to suppprters and still don't even appear to have a plan going forward, makes the above questions pretty simple to answer.

I've never seen a more convincing argument for 'Smurf out'.

Better the devil we know. How we've fallen.

I have no confidence in Smurthwaite to run the club, and I don't really have confidence in him finding the right buyer, if we are to reflect on his previous decisions.

'Better the devil you know'.Did Kylie sing that to Tim at the weekend?

Do you have confidence in Smurf selling to the right party

I think you will if they pay the asking price. The problem is.....

You've alluded to the fact in the past that you've never lost on a business deal and you aren't starting now. But surely you have to admit that the mistakes you've made should come at your own cost rather than the purchasing party? Say you want to recoup your money, that's £5m (£1.25m orginal purchase, £3.7m loans). Aside from the valuation of the ground at £9m, can you tell me which valuation process of a business can be used to get back to £5m? A sensible multiple of EBITDA won't get you there.

What I'm getting at is that I don't think you're going to get all your money back should you wish to sell to the right party, because the right party will quite rightly not value the club at £5m.

So, you either stay as owner and try to turn it around. You sell to the wrong party to recoup your losses, or to the right party for a loss. I think you'll be waiting a long, long time for someone to come in and give you all your money back. If you wait a long time, you'll either spend more money at the club, therefore pushing up the asking price or not spend any money and watch the club drop down the leagues making the club less attractive to potential new owners.

So, both situations see the club in debt. One of the debts is to an individual, and individual who has so far failed to increase revenue to pay off the loan. The debt is increasing, year on year.

You say he will turn it around? What gives you that impression? What were your thoughts on the Bycars ticket initiative, and Smurfs marketing plan which entailed printing off 100 flyers that were placed in the toilets and concourse of the stadium? Does that fill you with confidence that we have a man running our club that has the ability to attract new fans to the club?

I want to feel as positive as you do, I'd love to. But blind faith, and comments like, better the devil you know, were all the quotes that V2001s supporters came out with during that fiasco.

lets face it the clubs on its backside yet again ! we have no money , little hope of staying up albeit still possible , a diminishing crowd base , ageing 3/4 empty stadium , no positive momentum to cling to at all . league two will no doubt see even further playing squad cuts and to coin a recent phrase " no one wants to come and play here" .

smurf is not going to take us forward but who the hell will take this club on ? non lge on the horizon i'm sad to say .

I would think that Synectics would be a good bet as they seem to have a thriving business and good cash flow. And they are local and interested.

It's also clear that they understand the issue the club is facing long term, evidenced recently when they introduced the scheme to award tickets to youngsters at Sandyford Cricket Club.

Interestingly, as I was typing this I noticed a letter in the office from the Staffordshire chamber of commerce, their letterhead lists their patrons. They include some prominent local businesses, well respected in the area and nationally. Their website is here https://staffordshirechambers.co.uk/ and on the front page their patrons are there for people to scroll through.

They're thriving, they're interested in North Staffs, they're growing, and they love the club. Given they know how to grow a huge business, they fill with a lot more confidence of their ability to make the Vale a success, than Smurf does. His track record to date proves he hasn't the ability to increase revenue, on the contrary, he's increasing our level of debt year on year.

Hard to have confidence in a man who uses this negative argument as a reason not to try to sell more ST's:

'The problem l had was in the event of not hitting the target having to request the difference owed which seemed quite negative

The problem exists where you take the higher fee then need to refund if achieved

What would be easier is if say we hit 3500 then a free beer or pie or programme is available or similar'

What chance do we have?

He was positive about the resurgence of the Ceramic Industry just off the top of my head so that's not true
I did not realize that SOT as a city had the highest % of manufacturing employment in England, was another point.

Archived