onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Confidence in the owner.

Spunk Trumpet

Do you have confidence in Norman to get us out of this mess and take us forward.  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in Norman to get us out of this mess and take us forward.

• Yes
    • No

That's your opinion I think all your posts are vindictive and bitter because nobody listened or wanted your advice

And I have proven quite clearly that the above comment is ******** but you obviously chose to ignore that. Timeline, MAY 2013 Tim Barber became alarmed at Normans behaviour and voiced criticism thereafter. NOVEMBER 2014 (after being told on here to back the chairman instead of knocking him) I offered free help if needed, it wasn't needed as Norman decided against offering a Target 5000 type scheme, end of story. That's a whole 18 months after I first started being critical. Do you get that now? Isn't to difficult to grasp is it? Its a silly post above because no one is critical of Norman because he bought the club outright, people are critical for the shambolic way he has run it.

Advert

norman has made huge mistakes and has admitted same so with a substantial wedge owing he isn't likely to lose much of his investment willingly,neither would anyone else in his position so I think we still have a fighting chance,our safety or otherwise is in our own hands.those who think he should PUFO aren't thinking straight the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.just my opinion,for what it's worth.

And I have proven quite clearly that the above comment is ******** but you obviously chose to ignore that. Timeline, MAY 2013 Tim Barber became alarmed at Normans behaviour and voiced criticism thereafter. NOVEMBER 2014 (after being told on here to back the chairman instead of knocking him) I offered free help if needed, it wasn't needed as Norman decided against offering a Target 5000 type scheme, end of story. That's a whole 18 months after I first started being critical. Do you get that now? Isn't to difficult to grasp is it? Its a silly post above because no one is critical of Norman because he bought the club outright, people are critical for the shambolic way he has run it.

So on November 14 you were told to stop knocking the owner tim I don't care when how who or what that's my opinion to norman not you but you chose to add your bit I've always been alarmed at your attitude towards anything positive towards the club

Come off it you've constantly run him and the club down since he took over just waiting for a slip up so you could attack

Well he could have attacked thousands of times then. Face it Smurf is way out of his depth and is running the club in to the ground. Maybe unintentionally but he will not get us out of the mess we are in, it's time to make way for someone who can run the club properly.

So on November 14 you were told to stop knocking the owner tim I don't care when how who or what that's my opinion to norman not you but you chose to add your bit I've always been alarmed at your attitude towards anything positive towards the club

Sorry I don't understand any of that. But just to be clear from my side, I was replying to your reply to me, nothing to do with Norman. You accused me of being vindictive over something that has no bearing on my criticism and happened 18 months after I first started voicing a critical opinion. So not only is your opinion flawed it is incorrect. I don't see many positives in Norman's reign and I always give a reason why I voice criticism. If he was doing a good job there would be nothing to say

norman has made huge mistakes and has admitted same so with a substantial wedge owing he isn't likely to lose much of his investment willingly,neither would anyone else in his position so I think we still have a fighting chance,our safety or otherwise is in our own hands.those who think he should PUFO aren't thinking straight the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.just my opinion,for what it's worth.

Well he could have attacked thousands of times then. Face it Smurf is way out of his depth and is running the club in to the ground. Maybe unintentionally but he will not get us out of the mess we are in, it's time to make way for someone who can run the club properly.

Who I drove up Hamil road yesterday I saw no billionaires waiting to buy a league 1 club

Sorry I don't understand any of that. But just to be clear from my side, I was replying to your reply to me, nothing to do with Norman. You accused me of being vindictive over something that has no bearing on my criticism and happened 18 months after I first started voicing a critical opinion. So not only is your opinion flawed it is incorrect. I don't see many positives in Norman's reign and I always give a reason why I voice criticism. If he was doing a good job there would be nothing to say

So it wasn't you who wrote silly post bit of advice tim if you've got nowt good to say say nowt

Who I drove up Hamil road yesterday I saw no billionaires waiting to buy a league 1 club

This is easily the most laughable argument for Smurf to stay.

Smurf is on one end of the Chairman scale, billionaires are on the other. There is a gulf between the two. An owner with a coherent, thought-out plan and not prone to on-the-whim overhauls is in this gulf. That's all I want.

I could have worded it like that, however you have stated, on more than one occasion on here over the past few days, that you're going nowhere.

So I asked if fans have confidence in you getting us out of this mess.

What most say is spot on. Even the guy who says it's better the devil you know. I can understand where he's coming from.

On a personal level you are so frustrating in that fans are explaining why they have no confidence in you but instead of taking it on board you throw your dummy out. You simply cannot accept criticism.

Until you decide to do that and realise you aren't perfect you'll just blunder from one shocker to another.

And by the way the league table is at the forefront of all our minds but unfortunately your plan b, whatever that was, has failed miserably and we are sinking faster than before.

Here's an idea.

Set up a new thread, rob I'm sure will help you, and entitle it "My plan for the future"

And give supporters a proper detailed plan as to where and how you can take our football club forward.

If you do that then maybe you will get some fans back onside believing.

Sadly, for most of us it just seems that you haven't any sort of short term plan never mind a long term one. You just try and wing decision after decision.

So come on Mr Chairman. The balls in your court. Set up your thread and let the supporters of PVFC know your plans, short term to get out of this mess and to try and keep our league status and the plan for the future should we a) go down and b) stay up.

Still no reply to this, Norman.

However John, you are a terrible judge of character.

Fans don't forget mate that you shouted from the rooftops that Peter Miller was the best we could ever have and that fans should get behind him and that we wouldn't have a club if it wasn't for his money, blah blah blah.

If you had no business connections with Norman whatsoever, you would see why people are so pissed off and why they have grave concerns.

You say he will turn it around.

Please give me details in how and why you think that. Or is it just pure loyalty to the man?

Still no reply to this, John.

Posters like Valenick I actually have no problem with.

Obviously love the club. "We're all Vale aren't we"

However I would love to hear from someone, anyone, as to why they actually think Norman Smurthwaite can get us out of this current mess.

Instead of attacking us for asking questions, please debate the issue and explain why Port Vale supporters should get behind the current owner and back him and believe that he can turn around the current situation.

Why?

And please give me more than blind ******* faith.

Archived