onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Confidence in the owner.

Spunk Trumpet

Do you have confidence in Norman to get us out of this mess and take us forward.  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in Norman to get us out of this mess and take us forward.

• Yes
    • No

Who I drove up Hamil road yesterday I saw no billionaires waiting to buy a league 1 club

What time did you drive up the Hamil though, because when I drove up yesterday I saw a bloke outside the oatcake shop with a big sign over his head saying "I'm a billionaire looking to buy the Vale, can someone point me in the right direction?". So I suppose it depends what time you were there.

Who I drove up Hamil road yesterday I saw no billionaires waiting to buy a league 1 club

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

What time did you drive up the Hamil though, because when I drove up yesterday I saw a bloke outside the oatcake shop with a big sign over his head saying "I'm a billionaire looking to buy the Vale, can someone point me in the right direction?". So I suppose it depends what time you were there.

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

can you prove it? Pictures, copy bank statements etc? If not stop spreading wild rumours, its dividing the fanbase, VTID in Smurf we trust etc

So on November 14 you were told to stop knocking the owner tim I don't care when how who or what that's my opinion to norman not you but you chose to add your bit I've always been alarmed at your attitude towards anything positive towards the club

I think Tim is waiting for the club to do something positive first.

I've had plenty of squabbles with Tim in the past, but I would always say his first thoughts are for the club to be doing well. Isn't that what we all want?

I put this on another thread but it is probably belongs on here.

I keep saying this on various threads and I'll say it on here - we need a chairman who knows 'how to build the buzz' around the club rather than alienating the fan base. He has absolutely no idea what running a football club entails and it seems to me that he sees just numbers in terms of income rather than looking at the bigger picture unlike both Bradford and Huddersfield have obviously done.

He will probably say that he is pumping in money but he's not he is loaning it and wants it back.

Smurf - you say that you have never made a loss on a business venture but I find that extremely hard to believe on the evidence of the business acumen you have demonstrated so far with your stewardship of the club.

There is nothing positive around the club at the moment and that is entirely down to you , nobody else! So either sell up at a reasonable price and take a hit or take a back seat, keep your gob shut and leave it to someone who knows what is required to sort the club out as you clearly don't.

Just for the record I won't be renewing my season ticket after God knows how many years as you will, based on all the evidence available, waste it. I will attend matches when it suits me and when I get the urge as this club is in my DNA but you sir are seriously ripping that out of me.

I'll say it one more time..ownership is not the issue.

Norman needs to step away from running the club as IMO he has demonstrated that he does not have the skills/knowledge/experience to run it well. He then needs to bring in (or start using) someone who has the relevant skills/knowledge/experience and let them get on with it.

Step away and let an expert run things or let someone else take over the club and bring in that expertise...it cannot carry on as it is

norman has made huge mistakes and has admitted same so with a substantial wedge owing he isn't likely to lose much of his investment willingly,neither would anyone else in his position so I think we still have a fighting chance,our safety or otherwise is in our own hands.those who think he should PUFO aren't thinking straight the alternative doesn't bear thinking about.just my opinion,for what it's worth.

Posters like Valenick I actually have no problem with.

Obviously love the club. "We're all Vale aren't we"

However I would love to hear from someone, anyone, as to why they actually think Norman Smurthwaite can get us out of this current mess.

Instead of attacking us for asking questions, please debate the issue and explain why Port Vale supporters should get behind the current owner and back him and believe that he can turn around the current situation.

Why?

And please give me more than blind ******* faith.

Totally be fair st the only thing a fan can have in a chairman manager player is blind faith football is a funny game you never know what is around the corner

I put this on another thread but it is probably belongs on here.

I keep saying this on various threads and I'll say it on here - we need a chairman who knows 'how to build the buzz' around the club rather than alienating the fan base. He has absolutely no idea what running a football club entails and it seems to me that he sees just numbers in terms of income rather than looking at the bigger picture unlike both Bradford and Huddersfield have obviously done.

He will probably say that he is pumping in money but he's not he is loaning it and wants it back.

Smurf - you say that you have never made a loss on a business venture but I find that extremely hard to believe on the evidence of the business acumen you have demonstrated so far with your stewardship of the club.

There is nothing positive around the club at the moment and that is entirely down to you , nobody else! So either sell up at a reasonable price and take a hit or take a back seat, keep your gob shut and leave it to someone who knows what is required to sort the club out as you clearly don't.

Just for the record I won't be renewing my season ticket after God knows how many years as you will, based on all the evidence available, waste it. I will attend matches when it suits me and when I get the urge as this club is in my DNA but you sir are seriously ripping that out of me.

:clap::clap::clap: Same here mate

I'll say it one more time..ownership is not the issue.

Norman needs to step away from running the club as IMO he has demonstrated that he does not have the skills/knowledge/experience to run it well. He then needs to bring in (or start using) someone who has the relevant skills/knowledge/experience and let them get on with it.

Step away and let an expert run things or let someone else take over the club and bring in that expertise...it cannot carry on as it is

Wouldn't work. Who could possibly work under Norman, he likes to be in total control. We saw what happened with Page and I can see why Wildes walked away.

He has to go.

Totally be fair st the only thing a fan can have in a chairman manager player is blind faith football is a funny game you never know what is around the corner

So with all the factual evidence about what is happening, with Norman making mistake after mistake after absolute howler and me willing to listen as to why we should give him another chance to rectify things, that's it? Blind faith?

Is there any sort of argument for him being here because he can run a football club well? Anything at all?

Wouldn't work. Who could possibly work under Norman, he likes to be in total control. We saw what happened with Page and I can see why Wildes walked away.

He has to go.

It totally agree that if he's not prepared to step back it won't work..if he isn't prepared to 'let them get on with it' then no point in doing it.

It's a no from me. I have defended him in the past, but coming on here the last few days, undermining the new Chief Executive by talking about matters that Garlick is now in charge of, undermining Brown by saying he isn't his first choice and belittling fans who have a different opinion is unprofessional and not what we need. We all needed to stick together and be one at this time, and he's blown that opportunity with his divisive messages on here.

I have been banging the drum on prices for months on here. Whilst a lot of things have to go right to increase the supporter base, ticket prices are a massive barrier to entry in our area. Whilst I applaud Smurf for getting season tickets available early for next season, we had a chance to do something different, shoot for the moon and try and bring people back in. No change is not a positive move. The lack of enterprise is staggering. Norm, if you're going to sink £800k of your own money into the club each season, do something with the ticket prices and put it in the price range of everyone who wants to come, not just some of us. I'll be buying one, but not everyone is in the same position as me. Stop just thinking about the people who come every week, and start thinking about the people who don't come every week. Make that Garlick's aim, to increase crowds by a certain % a year. Only then will we start to build this club again.

I can understand the yes respondents. Smurf puts money in to the club and if brings the right people in to help him then he could turn the club around. But I think that's a long shot now. Don't scold the yes people for having a different opinion to yourselves.

He was positive about the resurgence of the Ceramic Industry just off the top of my head so that's not true

But everyone in the potteries knows that the pottery industry has been on the up for some time.

Archived