onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Furious Bristol Rovers call for probe into policing at Vale Park

News Feed

You don't blame them ? 30 Bristol fans ejected for fighting and racially abusing a steward when there were seats to the right of them available, if they had been in the middle they would have wanted to move even further towards the Railway and I'm sorry if that's the kind of atmosphere you want at a game its not for me. Violence is not the answer,

I'm not quite sure where I said violence is the answer?

Advert

What's mental about sitting in the seat you have been allocated ? I take it standing in the aisles and fighting over seats isn't mental?

I think suggesting not sitting in your allocated seat could lead to "another Hillsborough" is what's mental. Not least because the crush at Hillsborough happened on terracing.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Away fans at Vale get a crap view for their money, because they are stuck up a corner whether they like it or not. The pecking order is clearly one that puts making life easy for stewards first.

Our away support is crap compared to theirs...I'd bet the last time we took that many to Rovers was in the 88-89 playoff year.

If they think that is a crap view they ought to sit in the bycars they are in luxury compared to the home fans.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Away fans at Vale get a crap view for their money, because they are stuck up a corner whether they like it or not. The pecking order is clearly one that puts making life easy for stewards first.

Our away support is crap compared to theirs...I'd bet the last time we took that many to Rovers was in the 88-89 playoff year.

Moving the away fans to the Lorne Street side of the Hamil does not give them a crap view. It's no worse than the view we get at some away grounds and a lot better than many. If some of the lads in the Paddock didn't spend the match shouting at and trying to provoke the away fans, perhaps it wouldn't be necessary to move them?

Moving the away fans to the Lorne Street side of the Hamil does not give them a crap view. It's no worse than the view we get at some away grounds and a lot better than many. If some of the lads in the Paddock didn't spend the match shouting at and trying to provoke the away fans, perhaps it wouldn't be necessary to move them?

Gosh, fancy that. Shouting and singing at the away fans. How beastly.

Far better to sit there in silence like a stuffed dummy. That's a much better atmosphere.

I dread to think what going to football will be like in 5 years time.

I think county cricket will have a better atmosphere.

What have the stewards done wrong the ground rules state that isles steps gangways should be kept clear they where doing there job asking people to clear the exits if they refuse they can be asked to leave the area if not they could be removed or arrested in the end stewards moved the netting along the seats so gave way to the away fans extra police came in but just stud by the police box like dummies watching it I just hope no vale fans got involved with the trouble outside the away end and the gentleman who was pushed over is alright. I am not condoning the steward he should have stud back and cooled down like he should have been trained to do.

I think the away fans are put in that side as its as far away from our idiots in the paddock...and if it kicks off there's time to get between them. On a video from there supporters I think the policeman who's first there when it starts is a Bristol policeman, lastly if the 30 odd who had been thrown out were heading back in it wasn't to get their programmes, it was to cause trouble...

I think the away fans are put in that side as its as far away from our idiots in the paddock...and if it kicks off there's time to get between them. On a video from there supporters I think the policeman who's first there when it starts is a Bristol policeman, lastly if the 30 odd who had been thrown out were heading back in it wasn't to get their programmes, it was to cause trouble...

It hasn't kicked off in the ground between rival fans in decades. Chanting at each other is not in itself troublesome. It's actually what gets the atmosphere going more often than not.

It's a lousy place to put fans who pay £23 to watch. There's thousands of seats in that stand, they should be able to sit where they want.

Why box them into the corner - oh that is too keep them away from the Vale fans.

All fans want to sit behind the goal and watch the action, not from the side. That way your closer to the action in the goal mouth, so can understand why they felt t'd off.

However, that does not condone what happened.

Does it make that much of a difference having a couple of extra blocks of seats separating home and away fans? Clearly it's tolerable enough when there's a big away following. What would happen if we finally completed the Lorne Street?

Not a problem Santa. I sit in Lorne St and the current football is emptying it fast.

Archived