onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Furious Bristol Rovers call for probe into policing at Vale Park

News Feed

Away fans have the right to sit in the best seats available in the away end given that they pay top dollar to enter that stand. An end that I believe has 4700 seats should not be so restricted. The end couple of sections could be cordoned off allowing supporters to sit behind the goal. The police are just as bad as referees for making **** decisions at football matches. Brain dead.

Whilst understandable point, if the police or the club due to an agreement with police now put the away fans that side then their fans have to respect that. I had a **** seat at Bolton, wet through and the goal was in the way but I put up with it as that was the rule in place (sit in seat). There is no justification for fans to start fighting and away fans have sat in that side all this season without any issue whatsoever.

Advert

Away fans have the right to sit in the best seats available in the away end given that they pay top dollar to enter that stand. An end that I believe has 4700 seats should not be so restricted. The end couple of sections could be cordoned off allowing supporters to sit behind the goal. The police are just as bad as referees for making **** decisions at football matches. Brain dead.

Fans have a right to sit where they are allocated seats. Unless you want a hillsborough disaster all over again?

I was watching this unfold as it was more interesting than the match.

It all started when a steward was looking to eject a Rovers fan (I don't know why) so grabbed him in the usual manner and tried to drag him out. Then about 10-15 of their fans ran down from the top of the stand and piled in trying to "release" the fan. Next thing it all kicked off and punches were being thrown by Rovers fans and then returned by one steward, who was "windmilling". The police were nowhere to be seen at this point until one copper ran over and pulled the windmilling steward away.

Make what you want of that.

Agree with all of that.

A couple of stewards looked like they were throwing someone out when a load of their fans surged down the gangway from the back of the stand and waded in. Then it spilt over on to the area of netted off seats. It all got a bit Keystone Stewards at that point.

Also, what was their idiot doing with the flag in the first half?

Some fans on their forum were blaming their own supporters. They reckoned a fair number of them were standing in the aisles. The stewards asked them to move, some of them did but a number of them just stood there and refused to move. The stewards tried to eject them and that's when the trouble started. On Bristol's forum one bloke reckoned some of their fans were just out for trouble.

There were hundreds of empty seats in that section but we seem to have the issue you often get when Vale take a big following. Lads turn up at the last minute from the pub and expect to be able to sit together in the best seats. Had these lads moved to where there were hundreds of seats further over there would not have been an issue.

Fans have a right to sit where they are allocated seats. Unless you want a hillsborough disaster all over again?

To anyone who isn't a Vale fan reading our forum, this user in no way represents us as a fanbase. Very few of us hold this mental opinion.

As far as I can see from some of the footage I've seen it appears that a number of Rovers' fans - for some reason - stood in the gangways and were posturing with the stewards and refusing to move.

As Jacko says it probably kicked of when a few dozen who were worse for wear wanted to move behind the goal but were refused by the stewards/police.

We can all debate the rights and wrongs of making them remain within their own restricted area but there was plenty of room for them there.

I'm well aware of our fallouts with Burslem's finest over the years but if fans are tanked up and aggressive what do they expect? They'll be told to sit down and shut up, threatened with removal and even arrested if they don't behave. 99% of law abiding fans don't seem to get involved in these situations because they keep out of the way and do as they are requested but for some reason there's always a tiny vociferous, often tanked up minority looking for trouble.

It'll be interesting to see what the Club and Police say about it all but we can do without this publicity - again.

I have a friend who is a steward and from his understanding in a bid to get down policing costs Norman has said no police to enter the immediate area of the stadium as this means he doesn't have to pay policing costs and will only have to pay if Police are called in by the club/stewards when the stewards can't deal with it..like on Saturday which goes with the delay in police moving into the stand. The decision to move the away fans over there was made by someone as they think by putting the away fans in the far corner where there are no other fans to argue with will prevent any problems!! I had noticed more stewards but hadn't thought much of it until my mate got a job there and told me why.

Don't see this as a police issue. We don't pay for them unless they are on club property and as Norman dosnt allow them onto his property so as to avoid paying for them you can't really expect them to intervene unless asked to do so by the club which probably leads to the club then paying for them.

The Rovers fans surely have no right to complain about the accommodation we give them. Down there you can either stand in the rain on an open terrace or sit in one corner of the tent behind the goal. The latter should come with a health and safety warning - a large pipe fell onto the Vale fans there when the ball hit it this year. The Hamil End is complete luxury by comparison.

The Rovers fans surely have no right to complain about the accommodation we give them. Down there you can either stand in the rain on an open terrace or sit in one corner of the tent behind the goal. The latter should come with a health and safety warning - a large pipe fell onto the Vale fans there when the ball hit it this year. The Hamil End is complete luxury by comparison.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Away fans at Vale get a crap view for their money, because they are stuck up a corner whether they like it or not. The pecking order is clearly one that puts making life easy for stewards first.

Our away support is crap compared to theirs...I'd bet the last time we took that many to Rovers was in the 88-89 playoff year.

Archived