onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Furious Bristol Rovers call for probe into policing at Vale Park

News Feed

Advert

It hasn't kicked off in the ground between rival fans in decades. Chanting at each other is not in itself troublesome. It's actually what gets the atmosphere going more often than not.

It's a lousy place to put fans who pay £23 to watch. There's thousands of seats in that stand, they should be able to sit where they want.

It doesn't cost £23, it costs £22. There were at least a thousand empty seats in the area allocated to them.

It doesn't cost £23, it costs £22. There were at least a thousand empty seats in the area allocated to them.

Whilst that may be true I can't see why away fans can't sit virtually where they like in the Hamil with just the end block near the Railway kept clear. There would be less potential for problems if they spread out more.

It hasn't kicked off in the ground between rival fans in decades. Chanting at each other is not in itself troublesome. It's actually what gets the atmosphere going more often than not.

It's a lousy place to put fans who pay £23 to watch. There's thousands of seats in that stand, they should be able to sit where they want.

I agree. Since the away fans have been moved to that side of the Hamil, the atmosphere as bin pretty ****. Banter in football grounds makes good atmosphere.

There was clearly empty seats in the stand. Not that any of them were sitting down. Since when do away fans decide which block to sit in any way. For whatever reason wrong or right that's where you are put and there was enough seats for everyone. End of story. Well done stewards. BTW Pirates fans there was a game (not the best admittedly ) going on on the green grassy bit if you looked straight ahead.

Port Vale is a **** hole etc.... Port Vale is not actually a place at all my friends of which we are very proud about. Get your facts right numties, sit down and watch the game.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using the onevalefan mobile app

There was clearly empty seats in the stand. Not that any of them were sitting down. Since when do away fans decide which block to sit in any way. For whatever reason wrong or right that's where you are put and there was enough seats for everyone. End of story. Well done stewards. BTW Pirates fans there was a game (not the best admittedly ) going on on the green grassy bit if you looked straight ahead.

Port Vale is a **** hole etc.... Port Vale is not actually a place at all my friends of which we are very proud about. Get your facts right numties, sit down and watch the game.

I think you'll find lots of people are turning away from football precisely because of the "give us your money, sit down, do as you're told" attitude that many clubs show.

They should have the best view available, which many consider to be behind the goal, especially having travelled so far. No wonder away attendances are going down.

One thing about this is that it's given the stewards, police and club a bit of a warm up for the few big games that we've got coming up. Hopefully Bradford will bring a few then later onto Bolton and Sheff Utd. Should be pretty good at crowd control for the start of next season, lets hope that we're not in division 2 when we won't need stewards.

It's just as daft to kick off about being told to sit in a certain area than it is for us to contain them in a certain area. The Hamil is a separate section of the whole ground, the away fans are already segregated from the home fans. I have never seen trouble between opposite fans inside the ground, only out of it. It's pointless to push them as far away from us as possible because it really does kill an atmosphere, especially when it's doubled up with the poor performances we have become accustomed too. I would understand if the away fans had half of the railway with vale having the other half but to make them sit a mile away in their own section is a braindead decision. However, there is no excuse to kick off about it and obviously it's been started off by a few of their rock hard fans. Maybe next season we can just completely get rid of the away stand, use the seats to finish the lorne street and make away fans sit in the park with a pair of binoculars.

Why do we need away fans in order to create an atmosphere?

Verbal exchanges between fans are part of football in many countries. 99.9% of it is harmless.

Having witnessed the embarrassing assembly of 120 Madame Tussauds statues at Gillingham I would choose noisy exchanges any day.

Archived