onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Furious Bristol Rovers call for probe into policing at Vale Park

News Feed

Advert

I don't blame them.

Most fans if given the choice would sit centrally to their allocated area for the best view. For some stupid reason, we put away fans in a corner when there are thousands of seats they could sit in and get a better view for their £23.00.

Instead we shoe-horned them into 2 blocks and tried to keep them there.

For the person whose decision it is to put away fans there, I'd ask - would you feel you were getting a good deal for your money?

Smithie, I would not be surprised if the "stupid" people who say the away fans have to sit in those blocks are the police... After all, so far we've had a fence, an away-only pub foisted on the club - it would not surprise me if the police have said that away followings need to be as far as possible from the Railway Stand.

A friend overheard two stewards talking during the game. They reckoned two were arrested and 35 had been ejected. Everyone could see the steward having a good go back from the home end. The video doesn't show it very well but he was windmilling.

I didn't witness any issues between the two sets of supporters. The Pirates fans looked like they just wanted a good day out and were in good spirits.

Think the trouble started because their fans were claiming they were crushed in but seemed enough space for the 760 odd in that section. Ultimately if your told to sit in a section then sit there! Violence isn't the answer and as we have seen before the police don't deal with trouble very well at Vale (Wolves stands out in memory with the dogs!)

The Bristol lads in the Social seemed alright but sounds like they did bring their moronic element with them Saturday. There was video's of trouble outside the entrance to the stand on social media also.

Smithie, I would not be surprised if the "stupid" people who say the away fans have to sit in those blocks are the police... After all, so far we've had a fence, an away-only pub foisted on the club - it would not surprise me if the police have said that away followings need to be as far as possible from the Railway Stand.

I'm not sure the police CAN dictate these matters. If they can, why do home and away fans sit almost side by side in grounds with far bigger attendances?

I'd be interested to know the answer to this, because it has killed the atmosphere at Vale this season.

I was watching this unfold as it was more interesting than the match.

It all started when a steward was looking to eject a Rovers fan (I don't know why) so grabbed him in the usual manner and tried to drag him out. Then about 10-15 of their fans ran down from the top of the stand and piled in trying to "release" the fan. Next thing it all kicked off and punches were being thrown by Rovers fans and then returned by one steward, who was "windmilling". The police were nowhere to be seen at this point until one copper ran over and pulled the windmilling steward away.

Make what you want of that.

Saw a steward on the floor then the other stewards waded in to get him out. This is clearly visible on the footage from the bristol fans.

Also why are they trying to get back into the stadium after the game has finished, obviously some fans were looking for trouble after the game seeing as their coaches were parked in the opposite direction.

6 of one half a dozen of the other. However, we all know how pathetic the policing is at VP.

Thats exactly what happened, theres another video from a vale fan on facebook where you can see 10-15 lad rush down the steps and a couple fall pushing everyone forward (very likely how the disbaled fan was hurt if that was in the stand as people flew everywhere). The fan ejected from what I could see was the one who put his flag up and stood giving hand signals to the vale fans before the police moved him back into the main group. Plenty of room for all the fan in that area, just most wanted to sit as close to the vale fans as they could.

Away fans have the right to sit in the best seats available in the away end given that they pay top dollar to enter that stand. An end that I believe has 4700 seats should not be so restricted. The end couple of sections could be cordoned off allowing supporters to sit behind the goal. The police are just as bad as referees for making **** decisions at football matches. Brain dead.

I don't blame them.

Most fans if given the choice would sit centrally to their allocated area for the best view. For some stupid reason, we put away fans in a corner when there are thousands of seats they could sit in and get a better view for their £23.00.

Instead we shoe-horned them into 2 blocks and tried to keep them there.

For the person whose decision it is to put away fans there, I'd ask - would you feel you were getting a good deal for your money?

You don't blame them ? 30 Bristol fans ejected for fighting and racially abusing a steward when there were seats to the right of them available, if they had been in the middle they would have wanted to move even further towards the Railway and I'm sorry if that's the kind of atmosphere you want at a game its not for me. Violence is not the answer,

Archived