onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurfs Achievements

raywalkersbananakick

Try and express one next time.

I am no Smurf devotee by any stretch of the imagination and consider it's past time for a new owner if a suitable one can be found but in the meantime, money is more than likely coming from somewhere to keep Vale afloat and it certainly doesn't grow on trees.

Yes he bought the club but since Wildes left taking all of the positive ambitions for the Club with him. Since then we have been left with an extremely obnoxious man who has no football knowledge or nous who, thinks that employing desperate young ex-players who will take on the management of the Vale and work for peamuts then give them a ridiculously low budget and expect them to build a winning team out of players that nobody else wants.

It won't happen but what will happen is the club will spiral into oblivion. Lets face it the future looks very bleak unless the owner sells up for a realistic price which currently is about the price that he bought the club for in fact that could be over valuing Port Vale on current prices because when he purchased the club we were nailed on for promotion and now we are just as likely to be relegated.

All of this gibber about the money that he has put in is pure conjecture but all I can comment is that this investment has been inputted in the wrong way.

One thing that really tiddles me off is the way most people refer to the bloke as 'Norman' to me that is almost an endearment and hardly the way to describe a man who has turned our Port Vale world into a complete nightmare. Norman my backside I suppose you could compare him with Norman Wisdom because he like Smurthwaite acted the fool but at least some found him funny!

Advert

Yes he bought the club but since Wildes left taking all of the positive ambitions for the Club with him. Since then we have been left with an extremely obnoxious man who has no football knowledge or nous who, thinks that employing desperate young ex-players who will take on the management of the Vale and work for peamuts then give them a ridiculously low budget and expect them to build a winning team out of players that nobody else wants.

It won't happen but what will happen is the club will spiral into oblivion. Lets face it the future looks very bleak unless the owner sells up for a realistic price which currently is about the price that he bought the club for in fact that could be over valuing Port Vale on current prices because when he purchased the club we were nailed on for promotion and now we are just as likely to be relegated.

All of this gibber about the money that he has put in is pure conjecture but all I can comment is that this investment has been inputted in the wrong way.

One thing that really tiddles me off is the way most people refer to the bloke as 'Norman' to me that is almost an endearment and hardly the way to describe a man who has turned our Port Vale world into a complete nightmare. Norman my backside I suppose you could compare him with Norman Wisdom because he like Smurthwaite acted the fool but at least some found him funny!

Here we go again. "Nailed on for promotion" he officially took charge of the club on 20th November. How the hell can anybody be nailed on for anything in November? On that basis we were nailed on for safety this season. Oh wait a minute.....

Here we go again. "Nailed on for promotion" he officially took charge of the club on 20th November. How the hell can anybody be nailed on for anything in November? On that basis we were nailed on for safety this season. Oh wait a minute.....
Lets put it this way then the future was looking far more rosy then than it is now that is for sure and the gates were considerably higher too!

Actually, on 20th November we were in second place and 6 points clear of fourth. At the end of the season we were in third place and 2 points clear of fourth. Just saying like.

I do hope you weren't one of the many people who said we were in a relegation fight and Micky should leave........ After 8 matches.

For what it's worth, Smurf did once call me personally to apologise for the trouble I had handing over my ST money. He called from his own mobile and told me to call him back if it didn't get sorted.

I'm guessing he's lost interest and that's a very dangerous position for us as a club.

Archived