onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has Norm Lost It?

Santa

I'm sick of this "let's all be nice to Smurf or he'll let us fold".

Why is this a mantra? Why is this being considered? Port Vale has been around for over a century, why are we pandering to a man just because people think he'll let us go under?

Any who argues this as a reason for backing Smurf needs to look at themselves. If they see withdrawal of funding for the club as a viable response to criticism, then we're done.

These fall under the "not very bright" section of Smurf supporters.

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

I'm sick of this "let's all be nice to Smurf or he'll let us fold".

Why is this a mantra? Why is this being considered? Port Vale has been around for over a century, why are we pandering to a man just because people think he'll let us go under?

Any who argues this as a reason for backing Smurf needs to look at themselves. If they see withdrawal of funding for the club as a viable response to criticism, then we're done.

You need to get a grip, the world isn't ending because we're on a poor run of form. This isn't panic stations

You need to get a grip, the world isn't ending because we're on a poor run of form. This isn't panic stations

Have you even read the context of my post?

People were making the point, as many often do, that there's nothing to stop Smurf withdrawing his funds in the face of mounting criticism. They often follow this with "who knows what will happen to us then".

Smurf won't let us fold, cus he would lose a lot of money. I was just rebuking a standard Smurf is God argument.

Have you even read the context of my post?

People were making the point, as many often do, that there's nothing to stop Smurf withdrawing his funds in the face of mounting criticism. They often follow this with "who knows what will happen to us then".

Smurf won't let us fold, cus he would lose a lot of money. I was just rebuking a standard Smurf is God argument.

He's about as much a god as Clapton is.

Well he will **** off soon you will all have what you want but then when the cheques stop being written who will save the club then!!

OMG. Do you ever question what the man's doing?

His experiment Part 3 or 10 has failed.

He'll continue to write the chequers for the simple reason being that there are massive Directos loans owed by, weirdly, his business to him.

How anyone can defend smurf still is beyond me. Can anyone actually tell me what success he has brought to the club ? and I'm not talking about promotion as we were already half there when we were in admin. Since then he has slated fans numerous times , made the club look a joke in many interviews including the JFH saga , Spit his dummy out on twitter and hurls abuse at fans , suggested selling the club with stupid demands , split the ground from the club ,Purposely cut the budget on Page so he would walk (granted the football was dull at times but atleast we were steady and secure) hired a manager from a phone call instead hiring for the right reasons , signings players because of videos on youtube. Matchday is depressing , no atmosphere in the ground atall , catering and marketing is a joke even though many folk have offered to help for free and he still says no. Quite frankly even the best manager in the world couldn't turn this around because Norman will always have the last say. The amount of good players we let slip because they left for better pay says it all , We even lost out on Bogle who went on to sign for then non league Grimsby ! and he's now in the championship.I don't expect big signings and demand we be in the championship , I just want my club to be competitive and have some drive and desire.But with Norman in charge we will carry on in mediocre lackluster performances and dwinding crowds while we float away to Non league like clubs as Tranmere. And i refuse to believe there is no one out there better with idea's and proper knowledge on how to properly run a football club that can see the potential in PVFC

Or maybe they care about the club so much they don't like it when people support him unconditionally, even when it's clear he's damaging the club.

The only conclusion I can come to is that those that go out of their way to support him are either; wums, have a business related interest in him remaining, aren't very bright, hate PVFC, or a combination of each.

Or maybe aren't interested in the politics behind it and just want to go watch the team they support? Why is somebody thick just because they want to go watch the vale and actually back the club?!?

Or maybe aren't interested in the politics behind it and just want to go watch the team they support? Why is somebody thick just because they want to go watch the vale and actually back the club?!?

You missed the part where I said, go out of their way to defend Smurf. People that simply go to watch the football and don't get involves in the politics weren't mentioned in my post. I have no issue with them.

Whoever is in charge you have a handful of 'Ego's' who think they know how to run a football club and will never be happy whoever is in charge FACT!!

Love to see some of these more 'sensitive' supporters attempt to run the club see if they like the constant criticism they constantly dole out!!

Archived