onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has Norm Lost It?

Santa

He'd done so well by going a few days without Twitter conflict. It's like he's had his phone taken off him by his Mrs for his own good and when she went to water the weeds, he saw an opportunity to grab the phone and Tweet

He may be able afford a flagpole, but hanging rags from it is surely nothing to shout about

Advert

Have a good look FST.I actually think he should stay off Twitter and stop insulting fans,in response,like everyone else would do.:innocent06:

He should stay off twitter, that we agree on, people shouldn't abuse him, I agree with you there too. But he wasn't abused yesterday, he was criticised, and he responded with insults. It's indefensible.

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

This post shows you're commenting on an issue you've no clue about. Through assumption, you've automatically started defending Smurf before seeing with your own eyes the damage he is causing the club. Your agenda is clear now. Your priority is Smurf, not the club.

He responded to criticism, not abuse, with insults. Embarrassing, small time, unprofessional, childish. This is the bloke running our club.

Also, when you refer to someone on twitter who can't spell, look no further than your precious Smurf.

What are you talking about?Precious Smurf? Seriously?My priority is Port Vale and not an obsession dissing everything someone does.Get a consortium together,I'll back you.You can even moan about yourself and even protest outside your own office.Wait and see how it pans out FST.UTV.

You defended him without even knowing what had happened. Why? Was it to antagonise? Was it to play devils advocate? I don't get why you'd automatically defend him without knowing what had happened. Can you see the damage he does?

I don't "diss" everything he does. I praise when it's warranted, I criticise too.

The last part of your post just decends into drivel that isn't worthy of a sensible response. It's so typical of anyone supporting Smurf. We'll probably see a few more cliches soon, "I can't see a queue of millionnaires up Hamil Road", can't be long until we see that gem.

This is not the reaction of a rational person. NS is clearly struggling. This Ben guy was not abusing him, he was expressing opinions that NS is not a suitable Chairman. It's his prerogative to do that and if NS doesn't like it then tough **** really, customers are entitled to their opinions.

bkH3lDc.png

This is an EXCEPTIONALLY poor do Norman.

If you can't process criticism/complaints without taking it personally and biting back, the writing is on the wall for your longevity.

I may be losing faith in Smurf myself but some people need to get a grip. It's Twitter and no one else outside our club will care. I'd in fact think some fans of some clubs would love it if their chairman was chasing Adu but a lot of our fans do love beating Norman with anything they can. Get a grip, we have more important issues ahead.

What have you praised out of interest?

The Season Ticket promotion. I made a post in another thread where I said I wiped the stats clean and wanted to see a positive campaign to boost sales.

I was happy that we'd released the details so early, frozen the prices (albeit I'd prefer them to be cheaper but I get the issues we have on that front). I think the promotional posters / images could have been better (someone posted a comparison with Colchester) but for me it was a line in the sand. A moment for Smurf to build momentum and really sell the club and attract people to renew, and push the offer further to hopefully attract new fans.

I thought that was a good thing. Could have been better, but definitely something worth praising and supporting.

Unfortunately Smurf has decided to adopt the slightly less orthadox approach to sales of, insulting fans on twitter. Fingers crossed it works though eh.

You defended him without even knowing what had happened. Why? Was it to antagonise? Was it to play devils advocate? I don't get why you'd automatically defend him without knowing what had happened. Can you see the damage he does?

I don't "diss" everything he does. I praise when it's warranted, I criticise too.

The last part of your post just decends into drivel that isn't worthy of a sensible response. It's so typical of anyone supporting Smurf. We'll probably see a few more cliches soon, "I can't see a queue of millionnaires up Hamil Road", can't be long until we see that gem.

I know exactly what happened.I was highlighting the fact he gets abused aswell by another person on Twitter.Its like bullies in the playground.Give it a rest FFS.I support PORT VALE.How about a few more descriptions of the owner.Lost the plot ,Buffoon,Club killer and some advice from certain people on Twitter,**** off Smurf.Danny Pugh is ***k is another gem.The guy hadn't even signed and he gets abused.It is of no use whatsoever.The drama queens on here and Twitter need to chill.Christ knows what it will be like if we get beat on Saturday.

I may be losing faith in Smurf myself but some people need to get a grip. It's Twitter and no one else outside our club will care. I'd in fact think some fans of some clubs would love it if their chairman was chasing Adu but a lot of our fans do love beating Norman with anything they can. Get a grip, we have more important issues ahead.

They do care. Fans from other clubs take the ****. You could argue that potential players / managers / investors could see his tweets, through agents, fellow players etc and take a dislike to the way he conducts his business, the impression he gives through his poor grammar and inability to spell. He represents the club and it gives a bad impression.

Archived