onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Has Norm Lost It?

Santa

Whoever is in charge you have a handful of 'Ego's' who think they know how to run a football club and will never be happy whoever is in charge FACT!!

Love to see some of these more 'sensitive' supporters attempt to run the club see if they like the constant criticism they constantly dole out!!

Didn't you used to be one of those people? I knew it wouldn't be long until the word fact was typed in capitals, it doesn't make it more of a fact just because you pressed caps lock. It's still just your opinion. I wish Smurf made a success of his Chairmanship, I really do. The stats don't lie though. Attendances, divided fan base, debt growing, don't own our ground, poor managerial appointments, damaged reputation...the list goes on. OVF is a platform to raise concerns, and there are many things to be concerned about at the moment, would you disagree with that?

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

Or maybe aren't interested in the politics behind it and just want to go watch the team they support? Why is somebody thick just because they want to go watch the vale and actually back the club?!?

Nobody's criticising those who attend and support the team and as far as I'm concerned the more who do that the better no matter how they think about what goes on behind the scenes. The problem is that those people are getting fewer and fewer due to a large degree to how poorly the club is run by the idiot at the top.

Whoever is in charge you have a handful of 'Ego's' who think they know how to run a football club and will never be happy whoever is in charge FACT!!

Love to see some of these more 'sensitive' supporters attempt to run the club see if they like the constant criticism they constantly dole out!!

Interested to see what makes you think we're sensitive.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again. If I was a boss of a business, and made a mental decision to fire my steady workforce and replace them with cheap, inexperienced labour, and it all went wrong, I would expect criticism.

Just get over your own ego when it comes to Smurf, and accept that this season has been an unmitigated disaster as a direct consequence of his poor decision-making.

Is the 'FACT!!!' a satirical reference to Mr Trump?

Well he will **** off soon you will all have what you want but then when the cheques stop being written who will save the club then!!

I have some sympathy for this point of view. I feel that some of the comments about our Chairman have gone beyond what is reasonable. It is not for us to question how he developed his wealth and his business practices and whether or not he inherited money, none of that is relevant. We have a right to discuss his role as Chairman of our football club, nothing more.

I have offered critical comment about our Chairman in respect of some of his decisions, although I respect him right to make those decisions. I have also offered critical comment about his style, method and manner of communication. If he chooses to go public with his thoughts then he must expect a public response.

I have also offered support and understanding around some of the issues he has had to deal with where his response has been a positive one.

However, we should not be grateful that he simply continues to sign cheques.

I would be grateful for implementation of a strategy that generated income in its own right. You could legitimately argue that he has to sign cheques firstly to protect his investment and secondly to cover the gaps left by the absence of coherent marketing to better generate income.

I, along with most Vale fans, do not WANT a negative, what I WANT is for Port Vale to be well run, financially secure, to offer good entertainment, and to play competitively at a decent level. It does not matter to me who is on the Board or who is the Chairman, what matters is the outcomes delivered by that Board and Chairman to deliver football that we want to see in an atmosphere that we enjoy, supported by an off field team that adds value to our community.

To be frank, I would rather watch us as a premier non-league club if we delivered all the outcomes shown above. To continue as we are is not an option.

The Chairman must realise that change is necessary, let us work with him to ensure that the change is positive and meets everyone's objectives!

It seems like the smurf bashers have some 'elitist' gene that allows them to be little other fans who have a different view than them sad *******

Going off twitter lately it seems that smurf likes to belittle fans who dont bow down to him or dont have as much money as him and i am saying this as someone who has very much backed smurf but now feels its time to change for someone who actually loves the Vale

So fans with a different opinion than you are sad ******* who try belittle other fans?Then you come out with a post like that.:doh:

Melv,i would love to know what his blanked out word was because if he was calling me that he would be quite welcome to come and say it to me which i doubt very much he would.

Well he will **** off soon you will all have what you want but then when the cheques stop being written who will save the club then!!

You really have a problem if you think Smurf would just go without getting anything back of course he wouldn't or has he polluted your mind that much that you believe he will? There will be buyers if he sells at a realistic price not the 6m he wanted before

I'm just stunned by the negativity towards attracting what would possibly be a bit of a circus but someone who has been a good player. Maybe twitter isnt the place to have that chat but realistically if Freddy Adu was open to a move to England nad happy to playing league 1 i don't think we would be the only side interested. For a side that desperate for a striker, would Brown turn down the addition of Freddy Adu when the transfer window is closed?

I don't like the methods but at least he trying to add to the squad. Who is to say Brown and Smurf havent discussed it prior to the tweet? Personally I dont mind the prospect of a young player lost form and had major pressure piled on him coming to Vale, he has something to prove and maybe working under someone like Brown who has the gritty attributes to show him the ropes could turn his career around.

Who here would moan if it came off, he scored 10 this year and 30 next only to move on for 1m? Gambles are what have to be done in the lower leagues so lets treat every opportunity as just that not jump on everything that happens with an anti Smurf message before we see the results. I genuinely think if we signed Ronaldo people would be on here saying we should of got Messi and Smurf is out of his mind. Blind pink spectacle following is crazy, but so is blind irrational hate

I genuinely think if we signed Ronaldo people would be on here saying we should of got Messi and Smurf is out of his mind. Blind pink spectacle following is crazy, but so is blind irrational hate

You've just dreamt up a scenario there and ran with it. Do you think that would happen, you use the word genuinely, but do you hand on heart, genuinely believe that would happen? Behave yourself.

I see no evidence of blind irrational hate. I see plenty of posters raising serious, genuine concerns, backed up with reason and evidence to demonstrate the problems we're facing and how Smurf is responsible for them. Blind following on the other hand? I see plenty of. I haven't seen one compelling argument in favour of Smurf yet, not one person can demonstrate in a positive way why we should support him. Everything is simply based on fear. Ironically, this comes from the fear that a domesday situation will unfold should he leave. A situation, he has led us to, which clearly demonstrates how his model is unsustainable.

Freddy Adu. Deary me.

Remember when we signed Christopher Mbamba and I warned he would be rubbish. I was slated left right and centre on here. I know the Norwegian league and he was playing at a level similar to Alsace Town. And it's been proven. He can't hack it.

Freddy Adu has just left the Finnish 3rd division. That level is similar to Sunday morning pub team leagues.

If, and it's a big if, Norman was actually being serious in wanting him to come to the club, it just highlights that he hasn't learned the lessons from the summer and also highlights that our recruitment policy continues to have little to no thought in it whatsoever.

He continues to butt in on footballing decisions he admittedly knows nothing about.

Freddie Adu has never ever lived up to expectation though? He moved to Benfica who in turn loaned him out multiple times before playing for clubs that no one has heard off in various countries.

In this day and age though you cant question the quality of a player who has been at DC United, Benfica, Philadelphia Union, AC Monaco, Real Salt Lake and a few other side which are far far above the quality of League 1. Its not worked out for him a few a few places, but it hadnt for Tom Pope, Leon Constantine and few others before they found a slot in our team.

You've just dreamt up a scenario there and ran with it. Do you think that would happen, you use the word genuinely, but do you hand on heart, genuinely believe that would happen? Behave yourself.

I see no evidence of blind irrational hate. I see plenty of posters raising serious, genuine concerns, backed up with reason and evidence to demonstrate the problems we're facing and how Smurf is responsible for them. Blind following on the other hand? I see plenty of. I haven't seen one compelling argument in favour of Smurf yet, not one person can demonstrate in a positive way why we should support him. Everything is simply based on fear. Ironically, this comes from the fear that a domesday situation will unfold should he leave. A situation, he has led us to, which clearly demonstrates how his model is unsustainable.

Ive dreamt up a senario? this entire thread is a dreamt up thread with people stating things about conversations they know nothing about.

*Smurf going above Browns head and approaching Adu via twitter..... No proof anywhere this has occurred

*Smurf picking the team.....no proof this has occurred at all or ever has done

The whole thread is based around these theories and i'm dreaming things up....Jesus wept

best post on the thread every ones an expert sat at home behind their PC, having invested a few hundred quid in a season ticket. This chaps invested possibly millions of his own money but doesnt know what hes doing, not that hes made any money before....

Archived