onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Voter intelligence

Bea Smith

Advert

Serious question to you people who voted leave and are outraged by Tony Blair's speech today. Just before the vote, Nigel Farage was asked what he would do if the result was a close call to remain - I think someone even suggested 52:48 in favour of remaining - and he said that he would carry on trying to get us to leave. I think he used the phrase 'unfinished business'. Presuming you thought that was ok, how can you be so annoyed about Blair taking the same approach?

Serious question to you people who voted leave and are outraged by Tony Blair's speech today. Just before the vote, Nigel Farage was asked what he would do if the result was a close call to remain - I think someone even suggested 52:48 in favour of remaining - and he said that he would carry on trying to get us to leave. I think he used the phrase 'unfinished business'. Presuming you thought that was ok, how can you be so annoyed about Blair taking the same approach?

I respect Tony Blair's right to oppose Brexit. I don't see his involvement as a routine democratic or media involvement. Tony Blair has taken sponsorship from Junker and the EC machine to cause disruption and aim to provke a second referendum won, they think by remainers.

No.....Herr Merkel looks like a bloke and wants to rule Europe like Herr Hitler.

Funny how the other day you were posting link about the outrageous tweets from the labour hopeful because of how he spoke about women? Have you changed your mind, or is calling a woman 'a bloke' because she 'looks like a man' and then likening her to Hitler (showing a complete lack of any historical knowledge) somehow different? Or is it only bad if it's a labour mp? Would love some clarification because this selective outrage is getting confusing.

Democracy is not just about elections. Democracy includes the right to freedom of speech - even if you disagree with the majority opinion. Blair is entitled to his opinion whether we disagree with it or not.

I watched his speech Friday, he spoke well he always did, but all this try to change things from within does not work in the eu, 27 voters all with there own agenda, 1 vote against a proposal and its out...if changing from within was a option then all the meetings leading up to the ref. we'd have at least got a small concession but no, Germany is all powerful, France wants to be but isn't, the rest just want as much money as they can get for nothing eg Italy and Greece...

Blair spoke of this govt's main and only thought is brexit, its got to be, this is the biggest thing since the vote to join the eu, he said the govt. had forgotten the nhs I don't think they have but they have got to tackle the main thing first triggering article 50 and then putting in place the negotiating team, the nhs then must come next its management top heavy, the drug companies are killing the goose with their prices...

As long as its outter,s and remainer,s we will struggle, we are divided we've all got to pull in the same direction, the US are just the same they had the election and the impossible/unthinkable happened its no use chanting "he's not my president" he is and for 4yrs unless he gets impeached.

Anyway all this pales when we look to this pm's match its a must win, but we all know what happens when we say that...but if the footballing God's are reading this PRETTY PLEASE 1-0.

Funny how the other day you were posting link about the outrageous tweets from the labour hopeful because of how he spoke about women? Have you changed your mind, or is calling a woman 'a bloke' because she 'looks like a man' and then likening her to Hitler (showing a complete lack of any historical knowledge) somehow different? Or is it only bad if it's a labour mp? Would love some clarification because this selective outrage is getting confusing.

I'd wager you don't get a response from this Andy.

People only pull together if there is a common goal, perhaps as the negotiations proceed some indication will be given of the likely costs to the different levels of society of the changes. After all the economy is the biggest factor in peoples lives, whether it affects wages, living costs, housing or essential services. Could well have to wait 18 months for that sort of detail.

Because he's everything that the Brexiteers voted against,the bloke that turned greed into a new way of life,wanted the euro and opened the floodgates to mass immigration.

Because he's everything that the Brexiteers voted against,the bloke that turned greed into a new way of life,wanted the euro and opened the floodgates to mass immigration.

So because of that he should be denied the right to freedom of speech which is a cornerstone of democracy?

What?? I have mixed opinions of Tony Blair but he wasn't in the same league as people like Thatcher or 'Call me Dave' Cameron when it comes to greed. The Euro point I acknowledge but as for 'opening the floodgates' that's just a complete misnomer, we've had mass immigration since the 50's and no government since then has made any serious efforts to control it, which is because they actually want it. Whatever anyone's view on immigration is that's the reality of it.

So you can't answer then. Again, how does Blair wanting to fight on despite the referendum result and not leave Europe differ from Farage's stance when he thought that the leavers had lost?

Was your original question:- "How can you be so annoyed about Blair taking the same approach?"

Or has it changed?

Archived