onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Grant's reception on Saturday

boslemportvale91

Advert

Remember his quote to my last year when I saw him in the gym,

Me: Hey Granty, pick push for these last few games to see if we can get into the playoffs?

Him: Nah mate, done my bit this year, leave it to the rest if they want that.

Changed my opinion of him right there, whether he meant it or not - w**k**!

9 bookings and a known ********.

It will be a challenge to get him booked early doors.

My bigger worry is that he will know the Vale inside out defensively and what with a rookie keeper...........

Over to you Callum Guy:ohmy:

Remember his quote to my last year when I saw him in the gym,

Me: Hey Granty, pick push for these last few games to see if we can get into the playoffs?

Him: Nah mate, done my bit this year, leave it to the rest if they want that.

Changed my opinion of him right there, whether he meant it or not - w**k**!

I don't believe that story as there's no yellow card involved.

I certainly wouldn't boo him, usually when you do that players have an amazing game and have the last laugh! I also don't think he deserves to be booed anyway. He made a decision a while ago and finally got what he wanted. He's been indifferent this season but it's not like he kicked up a massive stink and refused to play for the club. But on the other hand he's certainly no legend either, and although one of our better midfielders for a while when at his best he doesn't come close to some of the greats we've had. He was only here for a couple of years and I don't have any sort of affection for the bloke either way.

Hopefully he'll have a pants game tomorrow, though it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't have the bit between his teeth and be man-of-the-match.

I will just be saddened that once again the fact that there is very little loyalty in football is underlined. That said I do feel the lack of ambition within the club was the main reason why both he and Doddsie wanted to leave so badly.

The owner of the club waffles on about play offs and promotion then sanctions or even signs a load of no hopers and freebie chancers. Smurf gets more like his cartoon character every day.

Actions speak louder than empty words.

I will just be saddened that once again the fact that there is very little loyalty in football is underlined. That said I do feel the lack of ambition within the club was the main reason why both he and Doddsie wanted to leave so badly.

The owner of the club waffles on about play offs and promotion then sanctions or even signs a load of no hopers and freebie chancers. Smurf gets more like his cartoon character every day.

Actions speak louder than empty words.

Both Grant and Dodds were not good enough to get us to the play offs.Look where they are now.

Dodds is struggling in a team trying to avoid relegation.

Grant hasn't really got the move of his dreams moving to Peterborough at a similar level to Vale.

I really think with Michael Brown as manager we will move on to bigger and better things rather than relying on Grant and Dodds to keep us up.

I won't boo him for leaving this great club. For a professional this is a job and if he can earn money elsewhere he will do so. I don't blame him for that. I will boo him like any other opposition player if he dives, cheats or fouls to the detriment of my beloved team. There are only a handful of ex Vale players I would applaud if they came back; Popey, Doddsie, Andy Jones, Robbie Earle, Steve Guppy spring to mind.

I wonder what the odds are for him to get a card of some colour from the Ref today?

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Is he actually playing today?

Someone suggested earlier in the week that he wasn't playing.But IF he does play and get's a yellow card or a red card.Then a nice little song 'Same old Granty,nothing change's' song would go down well.(Think he is just 1 more booking from a ban anyway)Maybe being the 1 booking away from a ban is why he isn't playing today(if true)

Archived