onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Grant's reception on Saturday

boslemportvale91

Why boo?, he stated he wanted to move on closer to his home/kids!, so he has. No doubt on more money for doing the same job. Wouldnt we all do this given the oppertunity?. Isnt this what Jak has done and Popey before him??.

He was always first to sign my daughters shirts or have a photo at any event the vale put on.

I wont boo as he probably saved us points in which we might need at the end of the season.

The same Grant who did not want to sign a contract with Crewe so he could move closer to London and then moves 12 miles to us. Since he left Southend, he has lasted a year at Stevenage, 2 years at Crewe, 18 months with us, wouldn't surprise me if he was looking elsewhere before the end of next season.

Advert

I'll gladly boo this arrogant, self important mardarse. I'd love to see him wound up so much by the crowd that he loses it and gets sent off. After events in November the FA could then impose a long ban on him. Weak character and bad egg. If he had the right attitude he could be a decent Championship player. He hasn't and is at best a lower half L1 player. Glad he's gone.

I challenge anyone to have put up with events at the end of last season, when most of his colleagues were shown the door.

Followed by the events this season with Bruno et al.

Grant was one of a very small number of players left at the club and, unlike Alnwick, is closing in on the end of his career.

Football treats players like commodities.

Fans expect them to have total loyalty to their clubs.

Hypocrisy.

Those fans who slam players for their attitudes would be the first to take umbrage if they were treated in the same way by their employers.

Grant had the dignity to stick by his principles and asked for a transfer from a situation that most on here agree was farcical.

When Vale start treating players (people) with respect, they will attract and retain players.

Keep treating them shabbily and the events of the last 12 months will repeat over and over.

Will I boo Grant?

Absolutely not!

Archived