onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Duffy & Dicko & O'Connor

boslemportvale91

Seems like Notts county fans are not Impressed with the former vale trio. Duffy especially has received criticism for his defending while it seems like O'Connor has missed quite a few games due to suspension/injuries.

Notice Notts county are near relegation , with a squad like that you'd think they would be near the top half !

Advert

Doesn't surprise me too much. I liked O'Connor a good lower league midfielder at his best who took a reasonable set piece but he wasn't the same player last season and with a few injuries I can imagine him being a frustration to County fans. Duffy a thought was good for us in League Two the year we went up but after that was distinctly average. Dickinson was similar a steady player and committed but never really offered much more than that.

Dodds was the only 1 of the 6 I was that fussed about going which is proving pretty accurate(despite Shrewsbury's poor position he's been their best player by someway although he was poor against us!)

I have a mate who was a Notts County season ticket holder for years. He now only goes the odd match as he says they slipping quickly to oblivion.

He agrees that Duffy is non league standard, Dicko is full of good intentions but sadly lacking in defensive capabilities and O'Connor is not fit and looses his composure too easily. All 3 are no improvement on what County already had.

As far as I am concerned those at Shrewsbury too were not up to Division 1 standards as is being proved. I was not a Dodds fan but wished him well when he left and perhaps he is the only 1 I would say would get a game back with us, as a regular sub.

Vale move on. Whoever leaves us are the past. We are now looking forwards with our new management team. Valiants should stop looking backwards.

Duffy was a reasonable L2 right back. He was never a centre back but played mainly there for us. He had a two month spell playing well in that position, then got found out time and again. O'Connor was OK but missed lots of games through injury. Dicko gave everything, was a decent captain and looked OK at left back generally.

Of the players we've lost over the last few years we miss Pope the most and have never replaced him. Hopefully this will be addressed in the next few days!

Dicko has made nearly 300 appearances at all four levels of the English league system, Kiko has made around 55 mostly in Portugal, he wasn't even good enough to get in the Vitória F.C.team last season and went on loan to a second flight Portugese club. He may have potential to become a better player than Dicko but he certainly isn't right now.

Dicko has made nearly 300 appearances at all four levels of the English league system, Kiko has made around 55 mostly in Portugal, he wasn't even good enough to get in the Vitória F.C.team last season and went on loan to a second flight Portugese club. He may have potential to become a better player than Dicko but he certainly isn't right now.

I think he's better than dicko. Didn't rate him at all always out of position and always suspended. Proven by his drop to league 2 where he has been just as bad. I also certainly think knopps is a better left back than him.

Archived