onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Window: Vale ins, outs, rumours etc...

robf

It's pretty clear that neither Page nor Bruno had full control over the playing budget.

Remember Norman is the man who spoke to the ghost of Bill Bell and regarded him as his mentor. For all his faults Bell never interfered with Rudge on the playing side and let him get on and manage. Norman needs to decide if he wants to run the club or the team. Or preferably, let the professionals get on with both.

That's the problem, Page and Bruno called themselves professionals but weren't in reality. I agree in essence with your point though and that's why I fear as good as Brown could be we need an experienced man as unproven managers haven't worked for the chairman and he needs to ensure it's 3 time lucky!

Advert

That's the problem' date=' Page and Bruno called themselves professionals but weren't in reality. I agree in essence with your point though and that's why I fear as good as Brown could be we need an experienced man as unproven managers haven't worked for the chairman and he needs to ensure it's 3 time lucky![/quote']

So you agree with me that Norman has not necessarily made decisions which were in the best interests of the club?

So you agree with me that Norman has not necessarily made decisions which were in the best interests of the club?

Depends what decisions you are referencing and what you are insinuating ;)

He's picked the two wrong managers who after both had promising starts have let the club down with dire football with no attacking edge.

Anyway we are going miles off topic again and there is enough chairman bashing threads, who do you want us to sign?

Can't have it both ways' date=' the manager either has full control over the playing budget or he doesn't. Sounds like the chairman is damned if he does and also damned if he doesn't.[/quote']

You don't have to have it both ways, surely Smurf MUST have had an idea how his money was being spent oh hang on look at Brunos shopping list and Smurf says he got carried away, I hope the bar takings are balanced at the end of the day.

Depends what decisions you are referencing and what you are insinuating ;)

I was refering to his managerial appointments.

Anyway we are going miles off topic again and there is enough chairman bashing threads, who do you want us to sign?

I don't want to bash the chairman, I just want him to learn from his mistakes. You can't keep chucking money at the pitch and penny pinching in the dugout.

With regard to who we should sign - I'm sure Norman already has a long list of players he has scouted. ;)

MacIntosh

Mbamba

Shalaj

Santos

Ferguson

Tavares

Pereira

When you read that list it turns your stomach, I know Norman wanted to win the lottery and sell one or two on for a million or so, but what a gamble and what a failure, at least he admits it was his mistake and one he regrets and he will put it right. Time and actions will tell.

Anyway we are going miles off topic again and there is enough chairman bashing threads.

Whereas you can't help yourself but chip in with comments slating the previous manager every chance you get. I tried to get this thread back on topic but you persisted on slagging off RP rather than discussing transfer targets. Then, when NS came in for a bit of stick you're suddenly all 'ooh, get back on topic, too many threads criticising Norman'. Pathetic.

Whereas you can't help yourself but chip in with comments slating the previous manager every chance you get.

He was crap get over it.

I had a chat with my Cobbler chum today, Page ain't well liked there at all, hes 'taken a free flowing dynamic team and turned them in to a dull, turgid and depressing team to watch'.

Any season ticket holder from last season will recognise those latter comments!

Not sure you get his point REP.

I don't care about Rob Page.

I'm sure he doesn't.

Most don't.

It's done. Dusted.

Sadly you keep bringing him up to paper over the cracks of this season.

Fella, I didn't like Pages football but it was a damn site better than the utter dross I've witnessed this season.

Keep clinging to the early Millwall Scunthorpe games.

It's all you've got.

Worst season performance wise in many a year.

Even when we were 19th in league 2 we weren't absolutely battered most games.

Today was a point closer to the magical 50. The sooner we get there, the better. The sooner you open your eyes the better.

The club is in a right old mess.

John Rudge was a master at finding gems, but t'internet ruined all that. Now you have to be living next door to a

very promising player to sign him. Anyway, regarding Non-League, Vardy is probably the biggest ever rough diamond.

What about that Ricky Miller at Dover that someone mentioned on here , who's getting bags of goals. We need 2 more strikers , a solid midfielder who can take charge,

with none of this pussyfooting around the ball, and an experienced central defender who will kick players up in the air.

Come on lads, you're making good money doing what many would do for nothing. Either Michael Brown or some other manager needs to bring the fire

and get it done. Stop ******* around. The natives are very restless, and tired of watching the same old **** week after week. Sort it out or get out.

That's all I've got to say about that.

Of course they were, interesting he didn't take any of them with him to the Cobblers eh?

They were lazy jobs for the boys signings that showed what a conservative and uninspiring manager he was.

If they were his mate's wouldn't he have signed them for Northampton?

Archived