onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Window: Vale ins, outs, rumours etc...

robf

Advert

Can't imagine him watching tranmere players, Warren said they were dire:innocent06:..

I'd be inclined to take more notice of Tranmere's recent form and current league position than some post by someone who may have seen them on an off day.

I can think of a few Vale games recently where 'dire' would also be a fair overall description of the team performance, but it wouldn't stop anyone who needed good players from wanting to sign Smith, Streete or Alnwick, for example.

Norwood and Cook(from Tranmere) both have very good records in the Conference over the last few years. Could be worth a go?

Norwood especially I was surprised didn't go to a league club when he left Forest Green and went to Tranmere.

Not sure what deals they are both on? Norwood's been their 18 months so could be out of contract in the summer but Andy Cook only signed for them in the summer so would probably cost more of a fee(assuming he's on a 2 year deal?)

I was more than impressed to see Michael Brown giving up a day with him family and getting out and watching players himself rather than relaying on his scouts. My belief is that we've got a good manager this time

Agreed. With the last few managers (Adams, page, bruno), the signings were often lazy and you wondered if they had ever seen them play before. It seemed gone are the days when the likes of rudgie used to drive the length and breadth of the country trying to search out a rough diamond.

So he could be of interest? I think he scored yesterday,how would you describe him as a midfielder?

I see another midfielder Lewis got 3,what is he like?

When Macc played Oxford on TV in Dec, Lewis looked the best player on the pitch to me. A strong midfield player who got forward into goalscoring positions on many occasions - something we definitely lack. On the other hand, what do I know?!!!

Agreed. With the last few managers (Adams, page, bruno), the signings were often lazy and you wondered if they had ever seen them play before.

I feel I need to defend Page here; the signings he made in his last season were nearly all really good successful players, certainly one of the more impressive 'hit rates' in the post-Rudge years. Admittedly his use of the loan market could be poor but the likes of Alnwik, Purkiss, Grant, Foley and Kelly can't be sniffed at.

Nathan Smith features prominently, along with a lot of bigger names, in an article in today's Telegraph about likely targets of big clubs.

I can't decide which is more surprising - that Smith is in that list or that Nick is reading the Torygraph.

Nathan Smith features prominently, along with a lot of bigger names, in an article in today's Telegraph about likely targets of big clubs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/01/transfer-rumours-top-100-targets-january-transfer-window-2017/gylfi-sigurdsson/

Only other player in league one to be listed is a lad from Charlton for 7m going to prem clubs. I hope were getting a good deal for Nathan.

I can't decide which is more surprising - that Smith is in that list or that Nick is reading the Torygraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/01/transfer-rumours-top-100-targets-january-transfer-window-2017/gylfi-sigurdsson/

Only other player in league one to be listed is a lad from Charlton for 7m going to prem clubs. I hope were getting a good deal for Nathan.

The charlton player will be lookman i presume

Archived