onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Paedophile coach at Crewe?

valeparklife

I'm not sure I agree with all this stuff about things being different back then. Don't you remember the issues in Cleveland over a child sexual abuse ring which raised the topic in the media? That was in the 80s. It was a result of that dispute that the Children's Act was passed in 1991. I can't accept that people in the 80s thought this sort of thing was OK and shouldn't be talked about. That certainly wasn't the case in my job.

Advert

I'm not sure I agree with all this stuff about things being different back then. Don't you remember the issues in Cleveland over a child sexual abuse ring which raised the topic in the media? That was in the 80s. It was a result of that dispute that the Children's Act was passed in 1991. I can't accept that people in the 80s thought this sort of thing was OK and shouldn't be talked about. That certainly wasn't the case in my job.

People didn't think it was "ok"..some did but the overwhelming majority did not. But it was perhaps dealt with in a 'case by case' basis with no joined up approach rather than linking cases together.

I also believe the details didn't come out..as in just how far these sickos went was not widely known. Grooming was not something widely known about either.

The Wonder stuff did a song about PIE and an equally repulsive group called MBLA ( Man Boy Love Association) , the song is aptly called ' Wish them all dead' . The lyrics are urging vigilante action and murdering Paedos, can,t condone murder but well done Miles Hunt, this song was in 1991.

I wasn't ready for this

It isn't something you'd miss

I'm gonna spit every word

So that my hate can be heard

It's for the M.B.L.A.

I wish them cancerous decay

That puts an end to their days

You know I wish them all

Dead

I wish them all dead

When you consider the groups/sections of people that this for the want of a better word filth happened in ie. government, the church, entertainment, the forces to a lesser extent, now football. I feel very lucky to have lived my 60 odd yrs with no "interference". If they've gone, then to hell I hope, if they are still with us then dragged over burning coals for eternity...:angry:

Gradi must have a sweat on now. Not only is he embroiled in the Crewe cases (didn't know a kid had been assaulted in his house???) he's now getting roped in to the Chelsea investigation, apparently visiting a kid's parents to smooth over the misdemeanours of Eddie Heath.

I've got to be honest and admit I'm flabberghasted at the extent this sort of thing seems to have been going on.

It was just as serious back then but the mechanisms surrounding it were different... in a number of cases children simply werent listened to or believed, reporting of cases were usually local papers and low profile offenders. Victims were often questioned/viewed as though they had done wrong or making things up... and people couldnt or didnt want to believe.

29_30_40 years ago there was a stigma attached to being a victim, they were terrified of their abusers and not many wanted to be identified or admit they had been abused...

So true Geo

This topic reminds me of a lad in our village - a loner - who complained of being 'fiddled with' by A N Other. It was mid 1950s and the adult male was said to be a well respected member of our community. Most knew what was happening, but it was their word against his with parents afraid to make a fuss. The lad was called a liar by the said well respected 'gentleman' and threatened with Borstal.

Archived