onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time for Plan B? Discuss.

TheSage

Advert

Why should he make a loss after what he's put in' date=' he's not v2001 you know?[/quote']

The chances of him breaking even are very slim at best. If he was injecting 80K a month to break even before he is either injecting more now or he is paying peanuts, and you know what you get if you do that... reading some of the game reviews he could well be.

I am hoping that plan B involves our egotistical chairman realising the true worth of Port Vale FC and selling up at a sensible price and leave the club to someone with more football nous than him.

He'll sell the club for a "sensible price" but the ground is the real bargaining chip.

Defo. Get Brown in. We've got a squad of 36 players and at least half of those are simply not good enough and is just wasted budget for me. What the hell has happened to Shalaj? Why isn't Amoros playing instead of the rapidly deteriorating Tavares? Why have we loaned out a forward to our rivals and replaced him with a player who is considerably worse? What was the point of signing the Portuguese goalie? Or Taylor? Or Hart? Why are we constitently putting squares pegs in round holes? Why are we persisting with a formation and style of play that is blatantly not suited to the players we have? Why are we not learning lessons from heavy away defeats? I could go on....but all in all, we have the wrong man in charge for me.

I think it is obvious that Brown is waiting in the wings and that would be plan B,i would prefer a more experienced manager BUT i think Brown can at least see whats going on and will instill some bite back into the team and if he can attract players like Thomas and Taylor then thats great...I aren't one for wanting a manager sacked so early but it is clear that fans are voting with their feet and the football is getting worse every game,we now have 3 winnable league games to come that could see us back up there so Smurf has a lot to ponder here but for me the time might be right to act NOW

Not time for plan b yet. Six league games to go before Christmas including an interesting one against Northampton in December. I'd say 12 points needed from the six games is a reasonable expectation. If he gets more than that then great. Less- it depends how much less!

Throw in R2 of the fa cup. Lose that and it may already be Brown in charge against the cobblers.

How many goals has hooper scored? He's worse than what we already have. Can't get in Northampton side!

I think he has 2 for Northampton and scored yesterday...Patto and Celia have 3 between them,Hooper isn't better than Jones or Forrester(if fit) but imo he is better than our current fit strikers

What actually is plan B?

We need to be careful as wishing for Plan B could bring about decline quicker than plan A. Sometimes sticking at things can come good in the end. I guess it is fair to give the current manager at least half a season in the job at least to see where we are heading. If we are safe and going to stay up, then maybe he should be given a 2nd season as well?

The cynical would argue that if towards the end of the season we are near the top, many of the fans will return.

Out of those we have signed from abroad i would certainly keep Knops,Amoros,De Freitas as for the rest i wouldn't be to concerned to see them go and be replaced with 4 or 5 decent players who have played at this level

Werestayinup? If things don't alter wemaybegoindown.

I fully agree with your last three common sense messages.

Archived