onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who's the Boss?

Alan Baker

So it will be the fans fault when Bruno goes? I was wondering who Smurf would blame this time. First it was Wildes, then Page now its the supporters?? What about Norman? Isn't he to blame if and when Bruno departs as I think he will soon.

It is Smurfs experiment with the continental revolution his alone, failure will see him distance himself from Bruno, hence the top six come Christmas comment.

Advert

My impression is that this may be a bit of a **** or bust season for NS.

He gambled and brought Riberio in, allegedly on the recommendation of Jose Mourinho, gave him a decent budget, brought in players from all over Europe that no one had heard of before, and has ascertained many times that he will bankroll transfers in January if we're not in the top 6.

Given his previous statements of living within our means, slashing the budget etc... I just get the feeling that he's really going for it this year and if it doesn't work out I can't see him wanting to put millions in again next July, this is going to be an all or nothing effort.

The Wolverhampton newspaper (Express & Star) has an interesting article this evening about Walter Zenga's short spell at Molineux. They had a Portuguese agent who offered them lots of unproven players, a manager who had no say in recruitment and a seemingly-random squad rotation policy which led to dissatisfaction among a large group of playing staff.

My impression is that this may be a bit of a **** or bust season for NS.

He gambled and brought Riberio in, allegedly on the recommendation of Jose Mourinho, gave him a decent budget, brought in players from all over Europe that no one had heard of before, and has ascertained many times that he will bankroll transfers in January if we're not in the top 6.

Given his previous statements of living within our means, slashing the budget etc... I just get the feeling that he's really going for it this year and if it doesn't work out I can't see him wanting to put millions in again next July, this is going to be an all or nothing effort.

He doesn't put "millions" in though Doha.

He's like most other lower league chairman who keep their club running personally.

He never grasped that and has brainwashed enough Vale fans in thinking he's hard done by.

He isn't and some of his actions regarding the playing side of things have been absolutely shocking.

IF the Bruno "Experiment" goes **** up, then I hope he ends up getting the brunt of the blame.

Just like I would hope he would get the appreciation should it work out.

Sadly the man cannot accept criticism and if it does go pear shaped he will blame all and sundry again, ala 12 months ago.

"Quality not Quantity"

Not the case. In fact the complete opposite.

If we lose Saturday, in my opinion Bruno will be gone. You know what Norman is like. Bi polar at best.

I take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

That first tweet you quoted is exactly what his supporters should be explaining right now.

I quite agree.

BS has been on my ignore list for years, in my opinion many posts are a nasty, malice-filled attack on someone or other, derailing thread after thread. The premiership thread is unreadable given the bizarre dislike this guy has for Beechy.

However, in the interests of getting back to Alan's pertinent question, I'll retract everything in my posts prior to post #53, and ask that admin delete them when one comes across this thread and nukes it in the next few hours.

I also agree with Jacko, and will refrain from nasty replies unless directly provoked again but would ask Jacko and other normal rational posters for just a few seconds to look back at this thread.

My initial post was polite and relevant, even replied to by Rob F, but then, in turn without any provocation, abusive posts followed Santa's little attack, from 3 or 4 others and of course, **** ************ REP practically *** ******* joining in with glee like someone from the Money Supermarket strutters advert.

Interesting that Doha says he has had me on ignore for years but quoted and replied to me don't you think ? And also that I never mention Beechy on the Prem thread - if he takes remarks against Liverpool personally, that's his own problem Enough said.

To return to the thread discussion, I still maintain that it hardly matters if Bruno gives or delegates after match interviews, but I don't blame him for avoiding them given the wide range of support and a few of the supporters Vale have who we know love a 'witch-hunt'.

Many would forgive a slip of the tongue, others would be quoting it for ever.

Sadly, the five you mention are not reliable.

Thomas. Struggles to play 4 games on the bounce.

Forrester. Struggles to get 90 minutes!

Taylor. Hardly played in two years.

Jones. A gem. First injury and young but there is huge potential.

Hart. Young and naive. Some promising performances though. Glad he's with us.

Problem isn't there will be no stability as at least two of them are not going to play half a season.

And then we go to the fringe players. Not good enough.

The Wolverhampton newspaper (Express & Star) has an interesting article this evening about Walter Zenga's short spell at Molineux. They had a Portuguese agent who offered them lots of unproven players, a manager who had no say in recruitment and a seemingly-random squad rotation policy which led to dissatisfaction among a large group of playing staff.

Haven't Wolves got Chinese owners now?

One problem I think we have is that the team changes drastically every game. I think it's harsh to rule out the foreign lads yet when all but Tavares and Knops haven't had a consistent run in the side. I do like the look of de Freitas and pereira but when they play it's for one match then dropped or 20 minutes here or there. Same with amaros, imo been excellent when he's been picked but then doesn't even make the bench the week after.

Well, we've have 3 fans if this goes on much longer. :wink:

Sorry - couldn't resist that! But there are some good comments above. Without wishing to stir the waters I've wondered for a while if there is some tension between the Trinity. Bruno & Smith on the one hand and Brown on the other. Would the wheels have completely come off without Brown's imput? Who 'signed' Thomas and Taylor?

We do rely too heavily on 3-4 key players, many of whom are injury prone. Without them the rest are rudderless and very many are simply not yet ready for League One. They've been thrown in at the deep end.

To take one example, Shalaj. I've barely seen the lad play but we saw a u-tube clip of his skills and all believed he was the next Marshall, someone who would have a huge impact on the team as well as entertaining us. Really? And I could list another 5-6 of the same ilk. They might be decent in the future but not now when we need them.

As as valiant_593 says above, the team changes constantly. We're the hokey, cokey team. Kelly in, out. Amoros in, out. Of late, Knops in, out. Cecilia in, out. And so on and so on. Constant change is a sign of a worried manager who shuffles the pack for want of a better solution.

Archived