onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who's the Boss?

Alan Baker

I think it's more to do with Bruno not being a native English speaker and he considers there's only so many times he can use the same phrases and it's easy to say the wrong thing hence he delegates press conferences to Smith/Brown, native English speakers. All good leaders delegate and there are many different leadership styles.

The true test of whether he's the leader or not is how he handles the players and coaching staff behing the scenes, on the training pitch, tactics etc and only the inner sactum will be privvy to that.

Advert

I understood they had worked together as a team before though - so it shouldn't really be an issue.

One thing is for sure - it will be the least of anybodys problems if we don't get through the FA Cup 1st round against Stevenage. I just wonder, given the madness that Vale conjour up sometimes - whether a repeat of a few seasons ago, draw at home with late Stevenage equaliser, then Vale win the replay away - not impossible.

Presumably Bruno did the press conferences when they worked together in his native Portugal though, so this issue wouldn't have applied?

Do you think it might be because English isn't Bruno's first language, and although he may be able to make himself understood it doesn't come across so well in interviews?

Just a thought.

I think that's all it is to be honest and some people are reading too much into it.

I understood they had worked together as a team before though - so it shouldn't really be an issue.

One thing is for sure - it will be the least of anybodys problems if we don't get through the FA Cup 1st round against Stevenage. I just wonder, given the madness that Vale conjour up sometimes - whether a repeat of a few seasons ago, draw at home with late Stevenage equaliser, then Vale win the replay away - not impossible.

I went to the replay. Tommy Fraser stood next to me.

I was just not to get kneecapped to be honest.

Hook, line, sinker

Hardly. It was an attempt to impress his little clique who duly posted their thanks like the one who said he left after 20 minutes at Bolton to go and get more drunk.

How soft can you get - if you cant take the bad times and the rough with the smooth then supporting this or most other football clubs is going to be hard work, lets hope they don't break a fingernail and cry.

I went to the replay. Tommy Fraser stood next to me.

I was just not to get kneecapped to be honest.

I went to the home game, but the replay was on TV or at least I managed to get it somehow on the internet. Tommy Fraser, a real legend.... sometimes shall we say 'variable' performances (I don't want missing kneecaps either) but we could do with a touch more of his leadership and motivational powers in our squad right now.

It seems that Bruno is almost a peripheral figure when it comes to talking about players and performances.

Nearly every comment about the playing side of things is made by Smith. It seems that BR is behind Brown and Boomer when it comes to the pecking order with the press.

Smith seems to have a lot to say but not sure whether much of it makes sense and I am beginning to get a little concerned about who's pulling the strings.

Bruno only speaks when he's 'appy, so obviously he isn't at the moment. Neither am I to be honest

Presumably Bruno did the press conferences when they worked together in his native Portugal though, so this issue wouldn't have applied?

That would just prove the point Paul made in post 17 to be true, as the interview would be in Portuguese, his first language. I don't suppose he did many interviews in Bulgarian at Ludogrets either.

What an immature and sulky post. I gave my opinion, politely, and said 'possibly' but your personal hatred is something you should sddress - especially when it is aimed at someone who you have never met. Or perhaps your posts reflect issues when someone just has the audacity to disagree with you. Time to grow up ?

With respect, Bea, you need to calm down. I know Santa and I'm certain his post had nothing to do with "personal hatred" and was simply tongue in cheek. Don't get so wound up by stuff on a football message board. Life's too short man.

Hi Bea, u OK hun?

I would respond to each point individually but I'm in a right sulk at the moment and I can't be bothered.

Thanks for the critique anyway, hopefully one day all my posts will be as calm and rational as yours but hey, that's immaturity and personal hatred for you.

Archived