onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale

Fosse69

I don't know why Kelly is getting a bit of stick? He was one of our better players today who unlike others actually tried to create things. Well done Sam!

Kelly hasn't even been in the squad since beginning of the season then suddenly in desperation Bruno throws him into the mix against a top side like Bolton. You can't call Kelly a grafter and it was last key starting with 10 men from the start.After the decision to start with Kelly I feel that Bruno is clutching at straws and must choose his team out of a bag.

Amoros and Purkiss are far better players and can't even get in the team.

Advert

Kelly hasn't even been in the squad since beginning of the season then suddenly in desperation Bruno throws him into the mix against a top side like Bolton. You can't call Kelly a grafter and it was last key starting with 10 men from the start.After the decision to start with Kelly I feel that Bruno is clutching at straws and must choose his team out of a bag.

Amoros and Purkiss are far better players and can't even get in the team.

Yes he has, have you not been to many games recently?

Amoros and Purkiss aren't left midfielders.

I dont like this mentality that we should be lying down and having our tummies tickled by the lkes of Shef Utd and Bolton thats like saying Burnley should have rolled up to Old Trafford and said we aint playing today because your club is bigger than ours .

Under Rudge we respected nobody and regularly beat the bigger clubs ,we didnt play like the players who havent for the past how many years beat anyone of any note .

Our desire and determination should have been far greater .

As i havent attended a away game since Chesterfield last season its hard to throw the book at the players as i aint witnessed there shortcomings first hand but the fact i have no wish to go a away game this season tells u all u need to know ,even the home games r not anticipated with any relish .

We need to be further up the pitch and be braver thats for sure.

This Vale is not the Vale who played with such vigour v Scunthorpe and excellence v Gills second half this is a Vale which have got weaker and there is no backbone about them .

A genuinely disgusting performance.

I've tried so hard to stay positive but unfortunately enough is enough.

Grant can **** off. Doesn't give a **** and has been **** for weeks.

The two biggest problems I've got is firstly the enormous lack of passion for Port Vale 90% of the players have. What has happened? Something surely has gone on.

Secondly, the fact we've signed 48 of the same ******* player. We've got the biggest squad ever, yet if we need to change something or mix it up we can't because every player is exactly the same.

It doesn't really matter to me that we've got foreign players. My problem is that all the players are not good enough to play at this standard. Most would struggle in the league below. Smurf talks of a plan B, my fear is that we will just end up with another shed load of below par no marks who struggle to kick it the right way.

Well I have to say it was as if we were 10 dustbins. No closing down no movement even from throw ins. No options given to players in possession except to play backwards. Grant was responsible for 1st 2 goals a shocking pass and stopping cause he thought the ball was out. Even Alnwick, as good as he was, showed how disgusted he was with players after one goal kick in the 2nd half. Another Exeter on the way next week ? It certainly appears it may be on the cards.

I hear people saying it was a tough month, we played against teams with big budgets etc, but it's the woeful performances that worry me. The amount of mistakes in each game is shocking. Yesterday we seemed to either to pass it to a Bolton player or pass it straight out of play.

We were not working as a team, there was a distinct lack of passion and the team set up was wrong. Irrespective of who we are playing I expect to see commitment and teamwork. It was nowhere to be seen yesterday.

unfortunately with injuries to 3 of our best players the weaknesses in the squad are there for all to see, yet we have enough players signed to field 2 teams. Norman has wasted a lot of money and it must be hurting him now. The set up of the team was odd. He had Thomas out wide when he had been so good upfront (10) in the second half against Oxford. He also offered no support for Knopps who was getting hammered.

In respect of players yesterday, there were no stars just some awful performances. I've yet to see Sam Hart have a good game and Tav was awful again. Big Reg was poor, as usual, but again there was no support. Bruno needs to get the team playing as one again. We need more fight, more team spirit, more commitment and we need to start from the first whistle.

Without an improvement I would expect we will see Michael as our manager by the end of next Month.

The first two goals were completely of our own making yesterday. The first Smith did his best Duffy impression backing off to Burslem and the second Grant gave up a ball that he thought was out and Alnwick failed to deal with the cross. After that the game was pretty much dead.

That said they are another huge club we have faced in what is arguably our toughest month. Onwards and upwards hopefully!

I think you are been a bit kind to Grant as I thought he was at fault for the first one as he gave the ball away, a pattern that continued for the first half.

I think we must have more assists for opposition goals this season that the actual opposition!!!

Whoever thought it was a good idea to drop Purkiss needs to swallow their pride and restore him into the starting 11.

I guess that Ben has said something out of turn and upset the applecart.He's no mug and speaks his mind,so has he been too critical?I don't suppose we'll ever know.

Vale need to learn from this month - if you keep doing the same thing over and over again you are very likely to get the same result. Persisting in trying to play our from the back when it is clear that teams have sussed that out and just press us is, in my ill-informed opinion, daft. Teams stop Alnwick playing it out to one of our defenders so he ends up kicking it long. We have one up front to receive the ball and whoever it is will have two men on him so we lose the ball and it just comes straight back again.

We are playing with no tempo at all. Players receive the ball, fanny about on it then play the 10 yard pass that they could have played with their first or second touch.

Losing Forrester, Jones and Foley hasn't helped our cause at all but surely with 30 odd players in the squad we should be able to find reasonable replacements?

Persisting in trying to play our from the back when it is clear that teams have sussed that out and just press us is, in my ill-informed opinion, daft.

Even if we don't get pressed, you wonder if we have any plan or pattern to what we're trying to do with the ball. I'd respectfully suggest that we don't have a clue what's supposed to happen next. We're normally lucky if we make it out of our own half before we turnover.

Vale need to learn from this month - if you keep doing the same thing over and over again you are very likely to get the same result. Persisting in trying to play our from the back when it is clear that teams have sussed that out and just press us is, in my ill-informed opinion, daft. Teams stop Alnwick playing it out to one of our defenders so he ends up kicking it long. We have one up front to receive the ball and whoever it is will have two men on him so we lose the ball and it just comes straight back again.

We are playing with no tempo at all. Players receive the ball, fanny about on it then play the 10 yard pass that they could have played with their first or second touch.

Losing Forrester, Jones and Foley hasn't helped our cause at all but surely with 30 odd players in the squad we should be able to find reasonable replacements?

You'd think that, but when your replacement is Sam Kelly who's scared of feathers what d'ya expect, there's no steel in midfield, tavares is guilty of this, his little tippy tippy passing doesn't work in this league, there for that's why English league one football isn't for him.

My last three away games have been Wigan, Bury and Bolton. Don't like losing but can accept it if we at least put up a decent performance but the manner of these defeats has been pathetic.

I've never left at half time before but like 100s of Vale fans I did yesterday. Totally shambolic performance and i'm not going to be in a rush to return. On the evidence of the games i'be seen this season we are in massive trouble.

Great support yesterday i'm amazed nothing from Bruno or Smurf just a repetitive quote from smith-

Also Michael Brown seems to be quiet apart from recently saying we should be more direct along with the absence of Purkiss you can only read into that the issues on the pitch are mirroring those off it (just my opinion of course).

Archived