onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Home Attendances

LoveRapt

As an exile in Aldershot I am suprised at the poor attendances for the the home games this season given the fantastic start by Bruno and the boys.

Having attended the Wolves Pre Season game intrigued to see what was on offer, i have now taken a holliday break to watch the next 3 games against-

BristolRovers A /Millwall & Coventry H

As an exile i feel very exited about this current Vale set up.

Can someone please explain to me why home fans are so reluctant to get behind the new revelution ?

Advert

As an exile in Aldershot I am suprised at the poor attendances for the the home games this season given the fantastic start by Bruno and the boys.

Having attended the Wolves Pre Season game intrigued to see what was on offer, i have now taken a holliday break to watch the next 3 games against-

BristolRovers A /Millwall & Coventry H

As an exile i feel very exited about this current Vale set up.

Can someone please explain to me why home fans are so reluctant to get behind the new revelution ?

Be interesting to see the gate against Coventry, especially if we win the next 2 games, although there are 2 games in the same week.

Made me laugh last Saturday when a caller on Praise and Grumble who hadn't been to the match was complaining about the poor attendance! Now I have every sympathy for the bloke who had to go to work instead, I have to miss the Millwall game for the same reason, but I certainly wouldn't have called up and commented on the game I hadn't seen and the poor crowd.

The annual attendance thread again, where people rewrite history in thinking we have so many more thousand dedicated supporters!

We had 5000 locals for many games under Rudgey in the greatest chapter of our existance in the championship.

Scunthorpe got 3800 at home to Charlton on Tuesday and theyre top.

A win tomorrow and we may touch 5000 against Millwall on tuesday night but with it being a midweek game, maybe not.

Coventry at home may attract 6000 plus with two good results before it.

Its how it is. Its how it always has been.

well it's because certain fan's have this hatred spat towards smurf, one particular poster **** ****** wont go coz of smurfs comments in the past, i cant name any other posters coz i dont no for definate, but i bet there's other's **** ******, there's no pleasing some people, life can get in the way obviously, money, family etc, the obvious reasons, but i bet and i'd wager it that a quarter of our so called fans wont go coz of smurf, your the ones missing out! :)

I as many know aren't a big fan of our owner but I am a fan of Port Vale always have been and always will be. So every year I go to every home game that I can and a few away games as well. I'm nowt special just another fan but a crazy owner won't stop me from attending games.

As I posted last week, I know of several that work for the sentinel who won't go because of the sentinel ban. I believe, I could be wrong, it's because Smurf's wants Baggers to pay for his ticket, so to gain £23 he's loosing 10 times that because of around 10 sentinel workers are staying away.

As I posted last week, I know of several that work for the sentinel who won't go because of the sentinel ban. I believe, I could be wrong, it's because Smurf's wants Baggers to pay for his ticket, so to gain £23 he's loosing 10 times that because of around 10 sentinel workers are staying away.
Baggers was at the last home game so hopefully the sentinel crew will be attending future home games??

Someone on another thread, said if we got to the Championship, we'd get 8-9000 Vale fans on average throughout the season through the gate. No chance. The only reason our average attendance was quite good in the 90s was because we were playing Sundeland, Newcastle, Man City, Birmingham, West Brom, Wolves and Stoke most seasons. Well probably not so much Newcastle, but you get the jist.

Excuse after excuse you can bet your bottom dollar these people would attend work or no work or can't afford if we drew Chelsea or manure in the cup!!!!

Make me sick!!!

If we drew man u or Chelsea in the cup then yes if probably have the Saturday off work. What do you want people to do , have a day off work every week? Sorry for making you sick you tool

The annual attendance thread again, where people rewrite history in thinking we have so many more thousand dedicated supporters!

We had 5000 locals for many games under Rudgey in the greatest chapter of our existance in the championship.

Scunthorpe got 3800 at home to Charlton on Tuesday and theyre top.

A win tomorrow and we may touch 5000 against Millwall on tuesday night but with it being a midweek game, maybe not.

Coventry at home may attract 6000 plus with two good results before it.

Its how it is. Its how it always has been.

Know what you're saying but there is no doubt we're down on numbers this year. We haven't broke 5k this season yet have we? Coventry will be the game we do that.

I can remember when we were in league 2 and I used to look at attendances and we were way above most clubs, I'm sure with 5 - 5.8k most home games. We nearly always got 5k plus .... Didn't we?

I'd say we have 600 to 800 pay on the dayers who are staying away? But why?? So annoying.

But one things for sure, we continue doing well and they'll be back.

The cost of pay on the day attendance has made week in, week out watching football an unaffordable pastime for many people.

In a way, it's astonishing that people actually do pay upwards of £20 to watch a game. The cost of watching football has totally outstripped inflation.

I'm going to Bristol today because it's the cheapest away ticket this,season and I can stand on a terrace!!

Archived